JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
saw this from b&m, I vaguely recalled something about it from many years ago. I think dad and grandpa took it camping. still interesting that it is still around.

any thoughts?

<broken link removed>

I think ages ago I recommended it on this or some other site. I like it a lot, that's why it's bad for prepping!
I always ate it all:D
My kids aren't fond of it though.
It's slightly sweetened and some people use it as sort of a desert with fresh whipped cream etc.

Thanks for the reminder, I might get a few cans again.

THIS!! second day of hunting, had it for breakfast. lets just say season was over before the floodgates opened.
I thought that stuff was full of fiber. I never ate a whole can in one sitting so it never affected me that way.

In a SHTF situation, (pun intended) being stopped up might be a good thing! Evacuating your bowels while under fire could leave you vulnerable:eek:

I know rumor had it the old c rations were designed to stop you up. We still had some type of C rations left when I was in, as well as the first MREs.

I thought that stuff was full of fiber. I never ate a whole can in one sitting so it never affected me that way.

In a SHTF situation, (pun intended) being stopped up might be a good thing! Evacuating your bowels while under fire could leave you vulnerable:eek:

I know rumor had it the old c rations were designed to stop you up. We still had some type of C rations left when I was in, as well as the first MREs.

Ya the chicklets were supposed to be a diaretic to keep everything moving but you didn't chew them when the fight was near.:D

Never know till you try it for yourself. Winco carries it. Just hat on down and buy a can. Its not pricey.

I keep a couple cans in the pantry for when I get a sweet carb craving. Its heavy, sweet brown bread made with molasses. Its not sandwich bread by any measure, but it has its place. I find it pretty satisfying stuff. Takes me a few days to eat a whole can.

I had fond memories of this stuff from when I was a kid, it seemed much sweeter and richer, having bought a few cases recently, it's not as good as I remember, but still good enough to eat occasionally. I have never eaten a can in one sitting, I'm not sure that's possible, usually I'll have it either as a breakfast (warmed up with a pad of butter), or as a dessert after dinner. I just open the top of the can, and cut a few slices about 1/2" thick and eat 'em, wrapping the top of the rest of the can with foil.

saw this from b&m, I vaguely recalled something about it from many years ago. I think dad and grandpa took it camping. still interesting that it is still around.

any thoughts?

<broken link removed>

Fred Meyer carries it locally (they sell it with the canned beans). It's good stuff. We rarely eat it, mostly because we forget it's out there. But it's a nice change of pace from time to time. And no constipation issues for us :)

When I was a kid in the Boy Scouts we used to take this stuff with us on hikes; hard to crush bread in a can in your backpack.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top