JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BUT, But, but.....all the FREE money.

YEAH......and now we got INFLATION.

Well, don't look at me........I got less than $100 out of that deal.

Aloha, Mark
Yes, and now they will come up with more BS about the 'flu' and some monkey BUTTS (LOL) disease.

Meanwhile, the SIDE EFFECTS and deaths from the 'shots' continue to be covered up or not talked about.

BIG pharma wins! Spit! Americans lose.

More inflation, fuel costs, etc. and more CRAZY LAND - SENILE LAND spending that the Ds and the Rs went along with ALL OF THOSE SHUT DOWNS that RUINED this nation!

The inmates are running the asylum NOW just as they did in the past!

Cate

They WILL continue to go after factory ammunition and ALL reloading supplies.

My husband does NOT even BUY .223 or 5.56 Nato factory ammunition - he loads his own. His loads are better compared to factory ammo according to him.

I do not reload.

Old Lady Cate
Your husband is on the right track. At the end of the day, the only way to control your own supply, and to have superior ammo in the process, is to reload. Of course, our dear friends (retch) Olin and Vista have starved shooters of primers for more than two years, and powder/brass have only recently been recovering, but hopefully that anticipated third primer supplier out of Texas will force some regularity back into the market. Thanks to the way we've been jerked by Olin and Vista pretty much the only ammo I buy commercially now is 9mm and 45ACP, and gradually switching to rolling my own there as well.

"In December, I made sure the Biden Administration's cuts were reversed in this year's National Defense Authorization Act and yesterday I secured the appropriations we needed to avoid disaster at Lake City."

And:

Bruce

Last Edited:
Looks like all bullets are in danger of price increases, antimony supplies have had problems before recent problems. China and Russia are the top producers and sanctions have affected supply. Biden's sanctions seems to have hurt the US and her Allies more than it's enemies. The Ruble and Yuan are stronger against the Dollar than before sanctions.

https://www.fastmarkets.com/insight...kraine-squeezing-antimony-concentrates-market

We still have not felt the full effects of Biden Admins actions, does not look good for National Security.
https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/wakening-from-the-fog-of-peace

"There is a sinister threat looming that has not been addressed: the shortfall of critical minerals used for U.S. national defense and military warfighting readiness. These include the metals gallium, arsenic, tungsten, and antimony - just four of the approximately 30+ critical minerals for which the U.S. is import reliant.

In the fog of peace, America has been lulled into a sense of complacency. Most of these commodities urgently needed for the U.S. economy and national security are imported from communist China and Russia, two U.S. adversaries who have demonstrated they will use resource dominance to promote their interests. "

Looks like all bullets are in danger of price increases, antimony supplies have had problems before recent problems. China and Russia are the top producers and sanctions have affected supply. Biden's sanctions seems to have hurt the US and her Allies more than it's enemies. The Ruble and Yuan are stronger against the Dollar than before sanctions.

https://www.fastmarkets.com/insight...kraine-squeezing-antimony-concentrates-market

We still have not felt the full effects of Biden Admins actions, does not look good for National Security.
https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/wakening-from-the-fog-of-peace

"There is a sinister threat looming that has not been addressed: the shortfall of critical minerals used for U.S. national defense and military warfighting readiness. These include the metals gallium, arsenic, tungsten, and antimony - just four of the approximately 30+ critical minerals for which the U.S. is import reliant.

In the fog of peace, America has been lulled into a sense of complacency. Most of these commodities urgently needed for the U.S. economy and national security are imported from communist China and Russia, two U.S. adversaries who have demonstrated they will use resource dominance to promote their interests. "
We never should have relied on China for as much as we have. It would be fine with me to exhaust their resources for our consumption, if we maintained our ability to extract ours, stockpiled some and prepared for the transition. We wanted cheap stuff so we made deals with the devils. Now it may come back to bite us.

We never should have relied on China for as much as we have. It would be fine with me to exhaust their resources for our consumption, if we maintained our ability to extract ours, stockpiled some and prepared for the transition. We wanted cheap stuff so we made deals with the devils. Now it may come back to bite us.
I am 100% fine if we turned off the spigot of China goods. Yes things will cost more as we pay others to make the same goods but, I personally would have ZERO Fks given if we just stopped importing their crap. Yes typed on a device made in China and I fully understand the implication of turning off the goods. Bring it.

4gqb6z.jpg
" Great work Joe! " - the prince of darkness

Your husband is on the right track. At the end of the day, the only way to control your own supply, and to have superior ammo in the process, is to reload. Of course, our dear friends (retch) Olin and Vista have starved shooters of primers for more than two years, and powder/brass have only recently been recovering, but hopefully that anticipated third primer supplier out of Texas will force some regularity back into the market. Thanks to the way we've been jerked by Olin and Vista pretty much the only ammo I buy commercially now is 9mm and 45ACP, and gradually switching to rolling my own there as well.
Hello,

My husband has been reloading ammunition for all of his present (Shy of one now!) and former CF handguns, CF rifles and former shotguns in various gauges since the EARLY 70's. He no longer owns any shotguns.

He does have a very small amount of FACTORY 30-30 Win. and 45acp ammo on hand now.

He bought a .380 acp Glock pistol around Christmas last year and BEFORE he bought it, we discussed this caliber together. He does not and will not reload for this pistol.

He has downsized his firearms a LOT over the years, long before I knew him too, changed some of his firearms around due to his VERY specific favorites, due to HIS physical and age issues, and due to consolidation of his firearms calibers - simplification.

He did have a time frame where he could not reload as he used to do or as often so during that time frame - he did buy some factory ammo.

And during that crazy - hectic time frame, he did have a fairly large amount of his reloaded ammo on hand since he used to compete and shoot a LOT in one week's time. His 24/7 crazy work schedule was different at the time too. So in his handgun reloaded ammo stash - he did NOT have to buy hardly anything in factory ammo for his various handguns in several calibers. IT was a large amount for him to MOVE too. It was not TONS of ammo but it was enough! That type of a move will NEVER EVER happen again when it comes to heavy ammo!

The RF ammo stock is much SMALLER now. The CF ammo stock is much, much SMALLER now. The reloading supplies are much, much smaller now too.

We are older - senior citizens and we base what we own and use on a VERY regular basis. So what works for HIM now may not work for someone else. What works for ME now since I have not been a high volume shooter for several years may not work for someone else.

I rarely shoot but I do keep up my skills and safety issues. Plus I only shoot 2 rifles in 22wmr and in 22lr. Those last 2 sweet CZ bolt action rifles with iron sights have been gifted to my husband but I can still use them.

He NO longer reloads a LARGE amount ahead of time especially since he retired. Maybe 20, 50, 100 rounds of this or that for his 45acp pistol and rifles in .223, 30-30 Win., 30-06 and 45-70 Government calibers.

He took factory ammo instead of money/cash when he sold items on consignment. He got a FULL in store credit for 'goods' and new guns too. He chose to do that since he did not need the cash/money.

I did the same thing for myself when it came to specific firearms, factory ammo and a couple of other items in the past too. I did not need the cash/money.

I am much more into knives (Fixed blade!), axes and 'hawks too.

ADDED more here:

He did go to the range during the 'flu' crapola 4 to 6 days a week too. ALL YEAR LONG even in the cold/ice/snow time frames. Same as always! It stayed OPEN. He usually went during the week too.

He has continued to go to the range even with the gas situation but he GOES less days per week now. Usually 2 days a week. Sometimes 3 days a week. He still sees some of his old friends there but not all of them every single week.

Take care!

Cate

Last Edited:

Biden yields to GOP, will keep factory running for AR-15 ammo, senator says

"Fifty House Republicans have petitioned President Biden to stop the Pentagon's plan to ban commercial production of AR-15 ammunition at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in Missouri, which makes as much as 40% of the commercially available AR-15 bullets in the U.S."

Oh, also.. What if LE can buy the surplus and then LE auctions it off to raise money for their department?. As well, Outfits like American Reloading who get decommissioned ammo will be able to sell the already disassembled ammo as broken down components.
I still think this could be a win for the reloaders
Miami police launched a buy-back of weapons, will hand them over to Ukraine's Armed Forces.

Police have offered $50 for pistols, $100 for shotguns, and $150 for "powerful" rifles such as the AK-47 or AR-15.

Police said they did not question the origins of the weapons.

Naw, I have been looking to buy for some time now.... this just got me off my butt to commit to actually doing it.
I like these people and have used them in the past. Free shipping on bulk too!!!

RE : The military's 6.8 mm ammo question.

American Rifleman says in the Aug 2022 issue page 27.

A $15 million cost-plus contract for 6.8 mm ammunition manufacturing directs Winchester to develop a new facility at the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant, which is owned by the U.S. government and operated under contract by Winchester."

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads