JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have found the 180 gr8 JHP load from PPU seems to work extremely well in my Eclipse and found it at Cables for $20 a box of 50! Also found SIG fmj box of 50 for $23 a box!! Even found some custom loaded defence loads for under $25 a box of 20, not cheep, but comparable to others like .45, 9 mm or .40!!! All and all, 10 mm has come down in price and more manufactures are loading It!
Sure makes me glad I switched over to it:)

I've been shooting the PPU stuff out of my new Ruger 10mm and it seems to be the most consistant for me. Shot 150 rounds of HSM 10mm from Sportsmans warehouse and it seemed under powereded. My pistol wouldn't return completely into battery at least once every couple of mags?

I ran 200 rounds of that PPU ammo through my Eclipse with zero issues, and I agree, one of the most accurate and consistent loads I have found! Went back to Cabelas and bought out all they had at the store! Looked it up to see if any one had some tests on it, but nothing significant and no ballistic jell tests!

I found it to be about the same price as 45ACP...
10mm Auto ammo handgun

Still not cheap.
The cost of doing business.

I used one of the search engines I see here, may have been the one you used to find a case of the S&B after making sure it worked well. Paid like $15 a box with free ship which was fine. I was leery of trying the imported one that runs around the same price as I had never used them. Another member here , Think Etrain, said he had used the Philippine stuff and it was fine. What surprised me was it seemed everything else was twice the price or more. I had been buying the S&B from Graf to try. They ran out so I jumped on a case to make sure I had a good supply. Will hold me till I get rolling it for myself. I looked at one of the stores one day, can't remember which one now and it was almost the price of a box of .44 mag ammo. Don't often shop for ammo at the stores but I suspect this is what the one poster meant when he said the store was not the place to buy it. Feel bad for the guys who live where they have again banned the public buying ammo on line again. I well remember those days when all of us were not allowed this. It was what got me to learn to roll my own though.

I think 10mm may sound exotic and expensive, but it's really not.
Been around since '83.

It's all in how much they make. The round just never caught on when it came out. It does now seem to be gaining popularity which is great for those of us who want to use it. If the public starts buying more the price will come down. .380 ammo did this after the huge increase in CC. It's gotten cheap enough I stopped rolling it again. Of course always nice to have the stuff ready to go for the next great panic when the price shoots up again. :)

I load for my EAA, G20, and Delta, hope it works in the Ruger
Should be no problem. If it's working in other pistols you are on the right track. If you have any trouble one of the first things I would try is a Lee Factory Crimp die. If your new pistol feeds factory but has any hiccups with your rolls try that first. Love the damn things ever since I first tried one for a pistol I was having a hard time with. Now I keep one for every handgun caliber I have dies for.

I tried the armscorp stuff and wasn't impressed with it! Had poor accuracy and consistancy, and was some what dirty! About the same as the Remington white box stuff, krappy:(
The Fed. American Eagle isn't much better ether, and most stores have it marked way up from what it should be:( watch Sportsmans and Fisherman's for sales and you can usually get it for what it should be, about 20 a box! Cabelas on line or in store seems to be the best around PDXish, so that's what I have been doing since visiting here!

Went over to Northwest Armory in Milwaukee or Oregon and bought the Ruger SR1911 10mm.
Also a box of Sig 180 gr fmjs.
There was a kimber that had some features i liked such as night sites and a checkerd front strap.
The Kimber was about 80 more bucks and just didn't do it for me.
I brought the Ruger home disassembled it and reassembled it. The little clip thing was a pain but not to bad. ill get the hang of it.
i hope to shoot it tomorrow. i ordered some wooden grips and a tritium front sight from Ruger.
...tj3006

I too don't care much for the sight(s). Did you get your new one from Ruger? Better?

So in my efforts to find a new sight for my Ruger 10mm Ruger informs me that there is no option to replace their sight(s). What they have available on shopRuger.com is listed for the SR1911, but does not fit the 10mm. Haven't wanted to buy a front sight only to have to modify it to get it to fit, but here I am. Has anyone put a new front sight on the 10mm and what type did you buy?

Afraid I have no answer for what Ruger uses for sights, BUT, if you can find out what sight cut they use, you can most likely use aftermarket sights!
@Velsey will know and be able to help with any thing you need:)

Afraid I have no answer for what Ruger uses for sights, BUT, if you can find out what sight cut they use, you can most likely use aftermarket sights!
@Velsey will know and be able to help with any thing you need:)
Thanks. The rear is a BoMar style but the front is... who knows. Why do Sig and Ruger like to be difficult? Ugh

So in my efforts to find a new sight for my Ruger 10mm Ruger informs me that there is no option to replace their sight(s). What they have available on shopRuger.com is listed for the SR1911, but does not fit the 10mm. Haven't wanted to buy a front sight only to have to modify it to get it to fit, but here I am. Has anyone put a new front sight on the 10mm and what type did you buy?
The truglo tfx will fit. But only the front sight. So you are going to spend $180 for the set and hope someone else wants the rear sight or you have a different 1911 you want to put it on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top