JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We both really liked the look and feel of the Ruger, but for me, the extras the Kimber has were what did it for me. Beside that, I do like every thing about that Ruger,

I do like the Ruger SR1911's - and I love they added 10mm. If only they were double-stack, I'd be on that like stink on a pig :p

Did you get your Kimber at NW armory ? I looked hard at one but chose the Ruger.
The Kimber had the conventional bushing style barrel witch I like but the Bomar style rear sight was the winner.

Did you get your Kimber at NW armory ? I looked hard at one but chose the Ruger.
The Kimber had the conventional bushing style barrel witch I like but the Bomar style rear sight was the winner.

I got it at Cabelas. It has the combat trit night sights, checkerd front strap, g10 grips, and a full length guide rod with normal bushing.and a kart barrel. Also has a good tuned trigger and mainspring with a real steel main spring housing, not plastic. Also has more aggressive slide grip cuts front and rear, and a nice looking 2 tone ghost grey coating. All in all, a nice set up, and the sticker price was less then up grading the Ruger the same.

Last Edited:
I do like the Ruger SR1911's - and I love they added 10mm. If only they were double-stack, I'd be on that like stink on a pig :p
I looked at the new Remington 10 mm double stack, and it's more expensive then the old Para, but it is a Para with Remingtons. Are on it. Just not worth the price, and for what you get, the older Para were much better. It looks like Remington is once again going cheap and marking things up 400 bucks over what Paras used to sell for. Was very disappointed with what I saw! Shame on Remington!!!

Cabelas Tigard had ppu for 23 bucks a box of 50, and the SIG factory was 25 bucks for 50. Both are 180 gr hollow points! Seems ok.

Musta been out when I was there a couple days ago. And I just checked, and the SIG they have now is that price for twenty rounds.

Last Edited:
I picked up 4 boxes of each to try out, and my brother got 2 of each, they still had about two cases of each when we were done. The seller and bellot stuff was out in 10 mm, but they had a ton of .40 at 15 bucks, and .45 for under 20 buck.

Fyi, Cabelas does have a nice and shiny Colt delta elite for under a grand, and sportsman had one in Hillsboro for 1100 ish. Pretty basic 1911s, but they are Prancing Pony's if that means any thing!

That's scooting pretty good. I hand loaded some 150 gr8 hornadys over 12 grs of blue dot. Should give me 1350. Max load shows 1450. That should flatten things out a bit.
...th
And a concussion.... that blue dot can be obnoxious stuff. I was once asked to shoot something else at an indoor range because my blue dot loads in a 357 were so loud they thought I had a rifle.

It sounds like the same Kimber I looked at.
I thought the Kimber was a very good buy. I did not know it had a kart barrel. The checkerd front strap and the finish were real nice.. I am waiting for CZ to come out with a CZ 75 style 10mm with double stack mag.

I looked at the new Remington 10 mm double stack, and it's more expensive then the old Para, but it is a Para with Remingtons. Are on it. Just not worth the price, and for what you get, the older Para were much better. It looks like Remington is once again going cheap and marking things up 400 bucks over what Paras used to sell for. Was very disappointed with what I saw! Shame on Remington!!!

I've got an older pre-Remington, Canadian made P14.45 ltd, love it! I wish I had it's match in 10mm, that would be a great combo.

Very tempted on so many levels. Always admired the 10. But being a 45 fan, and having a bunch of brass, I'll probably go 400 corbon and have a convertible 1911. With numbers between 10 and 40 it seems like a neat choice.

Very tempted on so many levels. Always admired the 10. But being a 45 fan, and having a bunch of brass, I'll probably go 400 corbon and have a convertible 1911. With numbers between 10 and 40 it seems like a neat choice.

Being a .45 guy myself it's difficult to seriously consider another round for the 1911. But it shouldn't be too involved to change a 1911 from .45 to a 10mm. This was one of the factors in my decision to sell the 10 I had. I decided that if I wanted to carry a 10, I wasn't going to be carrying my 45. Why not make a convertible gun? I might give it a go someday.

Being a .45 guy myself it's difficult to seriously consider another round for the 1911. But it shouldn't be too involved to change a 1911 from .45 to a 10mm. This was one of the factors in my decision to sell the 10 I had. I decided that if I wanted to carry a 10, I wasn't going to be carrying my 45. Why not make a convertible gun? I might give it a go someday.

Unless you get one of the new slides with the interchangeable breach faces, a .45 to 10 mm "conversion" is going to be a one way trip involving welding and machining! Sorry!:( Best bet is do a complete drop in slide assembly, that way nothing need be changed:)

Unless you get one of the new slides with the interchangeable breach faces, a .45 to 10 mm "conversion" is going to be a one way trip involving welding and machining! Sorry!:( Best bet is do a complete drop in slide assembly, that way nothing need be changed:)

Just about ready to say the same but swapping out an entire top end is pricey

It sounds like the same Kimber I looked at.
I thought the Kimber was a very good buy. I did not know it had a kart barrel. The checkerd front strap and the finish were real nice.. I am waiting for CZ to come out with a CZ 75 style 10mm with double stack mag.

Probably an eaa witness would be a good choice for you, owned a few in 45, impressive guns.

:s0109:STOPSTOPSTOPSTOP!!!! NoMo10MM!! NOOOOOOO............ :::Ahem::: straightens collar:::
that said I'll have to L00k into a Ruger or another Witness!!! Or another Glock... BUTBUTBUTBUT I gots a fo-T-fo! Several!! NOOO NOOOOOO Mr Hand!!! Hellllp meeeeee Mr Billllll!!!
I suppose that if I handloaded for it I could afford to shoot it... and it would give me more shots to get to my rifle with in case of bear attack during our family picnics....:s0017: face it my good man, you KNOW you want one before you shuffle off this mortal coil... And truly what's the purpose of Life if you don't have one of everything?, or at least shot it... There are things in Life more important than guns, you know- zackly WHAT eludes me at the moment... :::Rant OFF::: Sorry, I didnt get enuff sleep this past night... :s0119: Maybe if I compromise and buy the Old Woman a steakhouse dinner at her favorite restaurant and just shop for a USED one.. used pistol that is, not a used woman... hmmm... Here's the thing... I took a solemn vow to thin down the herd... and sold off a couple.. even put up my 6.5 Swede on the block.. then went an bought a nice older .30-30 94 Winchester as a consolation... "thinning the herd" just means selling some and buying something else, right???
A wise person once said "You can't take it with you".. I replied "True, possibly, BUT I can sure leave a nice Estate!" OK I probably shouldnt post this

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top