JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went over to Northwest Armory in Milwaukee or Oregon and bought the Ruger SR1911 10mm.
Also a box of Sig 180 gr fmjs.
There was a kimber that had some features i liked such as night sites and a checkerd front strap.
The Kimber was about 80 more bucks and just didn't do it for me.
I brought the Ruger home disassembled it and reassembled it. The little clip thing was a pain but not to bad. ill get the hang of it.
i hope to shoot it tomorrow. i ordered some wooden grips and a tritium front sight from Ruger.
...tj3006

I paid 800.
I shot 42 rounds through it today. Its an excellent pistol.

Damn, I need to stop reading this forum, it gets expensive. :)
Just bought a Ruger Take down 10/22 and am now looking real seriously at a MKIV 22/45 now that they are back in stock. I need to send my MKIII back and it's making me want to just order up a MKIV. Now I want a damn 1911 in 10mm too!!

I enjoyed shooting it. Right wrist got a we bit sore but not bad. The Sig 180 grain load scoots at over 1200 I think close to 1300.
I have a tritium front sight ordered along with a set of wood grips. My eyes are pushing 60 so I need that white dot.
If someone is wanting a 10mm you might go out to NW Armory. The Kimber I looked at was pretty darn nice for under a grand.
I just like the bomar style rear sight. If I really want it to be just right I would cericote the slide black and have the front strap checkerd. But it really is a nice pistol as is. ...tj

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, I need to stop reading this forum, it gets expensive. :)
Just bought a Ruger Take down 10/22 and am now looking real seriously at a MKIV 22/45 now that they are back in stock. I need to send my MKIII back and it's making me want to just order up a MKIV. Now I want a damn 1911 in 10mm too!!

Then don't look at the 10mm TNW ASR posted in the classifieds today - you may just find you need 2 ;)

I enjoyed shooting it. Right wrist got a we bit sore but not bad. The Sig 180 grain load scoots at over 1200 I think close to 1300.

The Sig 180gr load is moving that fast??? That's close to the original Norma spec.

I didn't chrono any of the Sig stuff, but I had to go max charge of Longshot to get 180gr going 1300+ fps out of my S&W 1006. Almost all the commercial stuff is loaded to 40 S&W levels, IE the ole' "FBI load."

Have fun with the gun!

That's scooting pretty good. I hand loaded some 150 gr8 hornadys over 12 grs of blue dot. Should give me 1350. Max load shows 1450. That should flatten things out a bit.
...th

I'm trying to find out, is the grip frame different than that of a .45? Seems like it would have to be.

I want to know if aftermarket rubber grips from a 45 that wrap around the front strap will fit the 10mm.

I have been interested in another 10mm myself. I have a 3rd gen g20, & a g30 with a kkm 10mm conversion bbl. I was leaning towards a 1911 type when I heard about the Ruger. I swung through Keith's today & picked one up. It is a nice shooter!

ruger10 1.jpg ruger10 2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top