JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know what they want. Most of you know what they want. Rarely do they admit it.

But a writer for the Boston Globe, when viewing the abject failure that is gun control laws is left to ponder the only option left to the gun haters: confiscation.

They spend so much time carefully crafting messages that "no one is coming for your guns" and we're supposed to believe that colossal pile of bullsh!t we all know is a bald faced lie. And now at least one of them is willing to admit it - they do, in fact, want your guns.

This is our enemy. These are the haters of liberty and lovers of government. These are the ones that don't feel you can or should be trusted with your own defense.

These two articles, including the one in the Globe, actually are somewhat well written as they recognize the failure of gun control to provide any safety. The last few shootings have been glaring examples of how dismally poorly gun control has worked. Unfortunately, this writer can only conclude that taking guns from Americans is the remaining choice. I think that's B.S., but he seems short sighted.

At least with this out there, we can have an honest conversation. It's never been about common sense gun control, it's always been about confiscation. The narrative may be changing, and with it, how we fight these POS's

Anyway, some excerpts and 2 links:

Excerpt from Townhall:

Well, if there's one thing we can say about this Boston Globe op-ed, it's honest. I don't mean honest regarding facts or anything, but honest in detailing what gun control advocates really, really want: confiscation. In light of the recent mass shootings in Texas and Las Vegas, the usual characters stepped out in front. The National Rifle Association is evil, we need more background checks, and it's the Republicans' fault. The rancor lasted a few weeks, but as in every case, we return to reality: guns are here to stay. Guns are part of American culture. And no new gun control laws are going to get passed. Period. Why? There's no need. In fact, none of the proposals the anti-Gun Left pushes would stop any future mass shootings. None. Background checks? Stephen Paddock, who committed the brutal shooting in Las Vegas passed all of his background checks, had zero run-ins with the law, and no history of mental illness. Devin Kelley, an Air Force veteran who served a year in jail for domestic violence, should have been barred from owning guns after his conviction. He was court martialed in 2012 for beating his wife and stepson, the latter of which suffered a fractured skull. In 2014, he was given a bad-conduct discharge. How did he get weapons? The Air Force did not forward his criminal record to the FBI to be added into the NICS system. This shooting could have been prevented. Also, it was an NRA member who stopped the carnage from being even more widespread. Stephen Willeford lived near the church where Kelley opened fire and was made aware of the attack by his daughter. He ran barefoot across the street and engaged Kelley with his AR-15 rifle.

Excerpt from the Globe:

Still, even if we find a way to keep guns out of the hands of people who have engaged in disturbing or violent behavior — no small task, given all the stories of the troubled shooters who slipped through the cracks — it will only get us so far.

The United States' astronomically high rates of firearm violence aren't rooted in some unique American propensity for derangement and delinquency. Studies show our levels of mental illnessand basic criminality are on par with other wealthy countries.

Other common explanations, like the social fissures created by our racial diversity, have been debunked by researchers, too. The only explanation left — an explanation borne out by a number of careful studies — is the sheer size of the American arsenal. There are 310 million handguns, shotguns, and semi-automatic weapons in American homes, garages, and waistbands.

Ultimately, if gun-control advocates really want to stanch the blood, there's no way around it: They'll have to persuade more people of the need to confiscate millions of those firearms, as radical as that idea may now seem.

Boston Globe: It's Time To Consider Gun Confiscation

Hand over your weapons - The Boston Globe

So, to stop gun violence, their suggestion is to go house to house and confiscate guns?o_O

For some reason, I suspect that may not have the desired effect.

Molon Labe..... I stand by the premise if every Jew that was rounded up or turned themselves in, had shot 1 SS, then the round up of people would have been short lived...yes they prob would have been killed...but......give me liberty or death......do not take away my freedom for the guise of "safety."

From my cold dead hands.

Last Edited:
Guess there are still a few Redcoats left in Boston.:rolleyes:

Time to recall the spirit of Sam Whittemore ...
Sam Whittemore headstone.jpg

Ironic that one of the places were our nation was born with arms beared by the public....puts out this garbage.

My wife and I were just discussing this recently - the birthplace of this great nation has become the birthplace of the death of our nation. Pathetic and sad.

Awaken cold iron, Awaken!
The time they come, is the time they die!

People will do nothing to stop the radical left from running all over us, it's only when it hits close to home, when it hurts personally that the people will finally see the true nature of the evil that surronds us and we can only hope it isn't all ready too late to save what rights we still have! What's ironic is it will take lots of men with guns to take the guns, and if it comes to that, it' going to be awfully bloody!:mad:

If they could get Klatu to zap every gun/tank/arrow/missile/bomb/knife/sling/rock around the world in the same instant, I might agree with the "journalist"... but only if at the same time he would agree to vaporization of all pencils/pens/paper, keyboards/puter/screen/monitor, chisel and stone tablet, etc. Oh, include megaphones/PA/hailers. :D:D:D

If they could get Klatu to zap every gun/tank/arrow/missile/bomb/knife/sling/rock around the world in the same instant, I might agree with the "journalist"... but only if at the same time he would agree to vaporization of all pencils/pens/paper, keyboards/puter/screen/monitor, chisel and stone tablet, etc. Oh, include megaphones/PA/hailers. :D:D:D

Oh and include politicians in there (something written somewhere about Tyranny or somesuch...), and any aggressive portions of anyone's brains.

Then, maybe.

Guess there are still a few Redcoats left in Boston.:rolleyes:

Time to recall the spirit of Sam Whittemore ...
View attachment 405526

The American spirit written in stone right there......

No big-government loving, "safety over liberty", lefty could ever begin to understand the concept.... Bubblegum 'em all.

LOL. Some of use like guns too.

And when you are FINALLY confronted at the cross-roads of confiscation and an authoritarian government that you THOUGHT "was a good idea at the time", that will inevitably arrive given the trajectory of this country, which will you "like" more?

o_O

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads