JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only gun they had was recovered with the kid that died first. The second one, in the boat, was unarmed. The whole thing is just unraveling for TPTB. Yes they tried to steal a gun, but unable to because of the retention holster.

Remember, the kids that built the bombs could not outsmart a retention holster. Yeah, that makes sense.

Well as of 5 hours ago ABC (not that they are reliable) are reporting only one actual gun has been recovered, It was a Ruger 9mm with the serial # scratched off.
Single Gun Recovered From Accused Boston Bombers - ABC News

I read somewhere else they had shot the cop so the younger brother would have his own gun. That gun wasn't apparently found with him in the boat.
Butch

Latest current "news" is that they just had the one 9mm and couldn't get the other gun from the cop out of his positive retention holster.

Media misinformation and a silence-inducing Miranda warning delivered to Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev are already creating problems for investigators, but not so much that anti-gun Mayor Michael Bloomberg missed an opportunity to become part of the drama Thursday.

<broken link removed>

So who made up the M4 report?

Beats me, but I'd guess it was this unidentified cop source talking to the NYTimes, and maybe BSing them a bit because eastern cops in my experience aren't much in the firearms department.
It is "just possible" that somebody saw one of the LE carbines at the boat and falsely concluded that the bad guy had been carrying that rifle, which is an asinine assumption unless one convince's one's self that terrorists would have such a firearm.

I dunno, and frankly, I'm not that interested in trying to track it down. There's a lot more important stuff going on to be wasting time on a stupid NYTimes error.

First we were told that these two had OVERWHELMING FIREPOWER, and that the gun battle SOUNDED JUST LIKE BAGHDAD. Durrrr. When I heard the audio, it sounded like a bunch of cops firing the same exact caliber pistol to me.

It was announced that they had multiple pistols, a BB gun, and an M4 - no mention of whether or not that was a full-auto M4, which should've been a bit of a tipoff.

Now, it's just down to one pistol, which was likely stolen, since the serial was obliterated.

Let's not even get into the fact that the media was blaming the NRA, saying it was their fault that gun powder was something that you could buy at any old store. Then it came out that they were just buying fireworks in bulk and emptying them out.

Hey, and don't forget that the media literally refused to believe that this could've been done by anyone but a right-wing extremist "gun fetishist," given the timing of all of this in relation to the failed gun ban legislation.

At what point will the media fess up and apologize for literally making up the majority of this story?

Now that the facts are out I wonder how theyr'e gonna spin this one in favor of more gun control? Latest is the scumbag wife tipped the brothers off that they were the suspects and thats when they shot the cop to try and get a 2nd gun. If its true she needs the death penalty.

I hadn't heard the part about her tipping them off on being suspects. If she did, and that caused them to take action agaist the MIT officer, I definitly think she should be charged as an accessory to murder. At the very least, aiding and abbeding.

I can believe that someone as stupid as these two couldn't operate a Level 3 retention holster. It's not obvious the first time you see one, and they clearly weren't very familiar with firearms.

I can believe that someone as stupid as these two couldn't operate a Level 3 retention holster. It's not obvious the first time you see one, and they clearly weren't very familiar with firearms.

Yeah..

I have played with a lvl 3 Safariland I impulse bought on a deal. If you didn't rock gun forward after hitting the hidden snap the gun wasn't coming out without tremendous force, like ripping your belt off or the grip off the gun force.

I'm not sure how guys quickly draw with them. I practiced a bit and sometimes couldn't get the gun out of the holster.

I would hate to carry one unless I was doing foot patrol in NY or SF.

I still can't believe the FSB hand fed us Intel on these guys and we didn't stop this. The FBI needs to be called out on this. I read a article a few days ago where it was reported we were contacted several times about the older brother.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Of course, in the absence of any real link, the New Yorker didn't hesitate to just lead the reader through an imagined scenario... barf.
What if the Tsarnaevs Had Been the "Boston Shooters"? : The New Yorker[/QUOTE]
He's right that an attack with a couple of AR type weapons could have been more devastating in a liberal anti-gun town like Boston. However his selective reasoning that all antis have is a bit flawed. The Marathon had a large armed Police presence. Armed Terrorists would go after an easier target like a school. He fails of course to even toy with the Idea that an armed citizen or better yet a few armed citizens could thwart an attack like he suggests. BTW why is this Jerk trying to give terrorists more ideas just to push his liberal agenda! These people make me sick.

The FBI needs to be called out on this. I read a article a few days ago where it was reported we were contacted several times about the older brother.

But then they wouldn't have good material to convince the people that we need them and their laws to make us safer. If the government agency does not function properly, then it needs to be eliminated. Oh wait, that would pretty much eliminate the government.

I'm okay with this.

What If the Tsarnaevs Had Been the “Boston Shooters”?
The editor should have never allowed this article to be published. If I were a victim of the Boston bombings and read this I would be outraged - heck as a non-victim I am. The authors' inference it was somehow 'better' they used bombs than guns was deplorable. The rest of the article was purely speculation, assumption and conjecture and was meant for nothing more than an attempt to work on the convincing the public perceived gun violence should be should be regarded as real as if it had been carried out.

The NYC angle I think was completely fabricated. the media, Bloomberg, and his lackie Police Chief is making the supposed "intent" to go to NYC more of a big deal than the actual bombing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top