JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone else wonder why we have not heard (at least that I have seen) anything about the guns the Boston terrorists used? Where were they purchased (or stolen?)

How much fuel would it add to the fire if these guns were purchased illegally, at a gun show or from a private party? I can just hear it now: "We need sensible gun laws to prevent terrorism!)

Curious what everyone else has to say on this subject.

Something as big as this you would think they would let us sheep..." BAAAAAAHHHH"...Oops sorry....know more, see more proof. Maybe we need to just trust what they tell us?

Guns are bad? Sensible laws prevent bad guns from getting into bad guys hands? We all will be safer with more firearm regulations? Only cops should have firearms and will be there shortly to defend us from a bad guy? Run, hide under a desk or play dead if there is a bad guy shooting at us? Schools are safe because firearms are not aloud?

Am I thinking right?..." BAAAAAAAHHHHH".... Oops sorry.

I read this today in an AP article: "Armed with a M4, two handguns and a BB gun..."

So, nevermind the news not knowing that an M4 and an AR-15 are not the same, it will be interesting to see where the guns came from. I promise you it will fuel the gun-control fire.

Also, a BB gun, really?

I read this today in an AP article: "Armed with a M4, two handguns and a BB gun..."

So, nevermind the news not knowing that an M4 and an AR-15 are not the same, it will be interesting to see where the guns came from. I promise you it will fuel the gun-control fire.

Also, a BB gun, really?

Actually, things would get real interesting if it turns out that it was a real M4, since that would almost certainly mean that it was stolen or provided by someone else via illegal channels. Would sort of shoot a hole in the background checks argument.

Any way, yeah - I think it's surprising that almost no mention of what types of firearms were used. After Newtown, it was the #1 obsession in the media.

Civilian, semi-auto Colts are often marked M4 Carbine on the lower these days so don't get hung up on the name game... besides the people who want them banned don't care what they are called.

I read in a artical that the S/N of the guns had been scratched off. The police are trying to trace the gun.

Breaking the law breaking the law breaking the law. I am sure if we had UBC that they would not have been able to get a gun. We should also start putting S/N on pressure cookers, and make a national registry. Why stop there pipes too you can make bombs with them as well, fertalizer, diesel, gun powder thats at least a good start. We will all be safer!

I agree, just offering another view of current events. And man there is a bunch going on ATM.

That guy is totally missing the point anyways. Punk kids with pressure cookers don't destroy liberty. Cynical, exploitative politicians supported by sheeple do. The only important issue to come out of the bombing is the death of the 4th Amendment. Everything else is borderline irrelevant.

I have not heard a single media outlet, mainstream or not, cover the constitutional issue of illegal searches. Total, utter fail.

Here's some speculation being put out.

Miller said there are still several unanswered questions about the murder of MIT police office Sean Collier.

"The original question is they walked up to that car and appeared they shot the officer in the head unprovoked, that it was an assassination. But why? How did that fit into their plan? The operating theory now in the investigation is they were short one gun. The older brother had a gun. They wanted to get a gun for the younger brother and the fastest and most efficient way they could think of doing it was a surprise attack on a cop, to take his weapon and go. Officer Collier had a locking holster, it's like a three-way lock. If you don't know how to remove the gun, you're not going to get it out. There was apparently an attempt to yank it and they couldn't get it and left. "

Civilian, semi-auto Colts are often marked M4 Carbine on the lower these days so don't get hung up on the name game... besides the people who want them banned don't care what they are called.

Mine is marked as such. Actually surprised me a bit when I got it home and noticed it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Loco:

Glad you pointed that out. I had a rather colorful chat with a reporter Tuesday about these guns, and explained that a "true" M4 would not only be banned in Massachusetts, you'd have a heck of a time owning one anywhere else, but then explained that several companies market a semi-auto dubbed M4, with collapsible stock and short 16-in barrel..

And a BB gun? Yeah, take a butter knife to a gunfight...

The whole reason they killed the MIT officer was to get his pistol. BUT he had a retention style holster that they couldn't fgigure out how it released the pistol so they weren't able to get it. What a shame killed the cop for nothing.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top