JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
David Crawford? I thought the "One Second After" we're discussing here was the one by William R. Forstchen. Everyone should read that one. Couple of minor small errors in firearms (Hawken becomes Hawkins, that sort of thing), but nothing bad. I think the general story is quite realistic.

Oops, never mind, got it now. Crawford wrote "Lights Out." I read that as a .pdf file a friend sent me, never even knew it was in print.

I liked One Second After, it was sad, but I think it was a more realistic senario than Patriots and it has the hard decisions in it that people would encounter, such as, not everyone is healthy and not everyone survives. Also, since I am newer to prepping it was helpful that it went about it from an angle where almost no one is prepared and everyone is pretty much starting from scratch and what problems pop up.

As a woman reader (maybe a helpful gift to wives not totally on board with prepping yet) I would say I liked Lights out, One second After and a little mini series called Renewal (1-10 each chapter is a book) by JF Perkins, I got these on Amazon for my Kindle and they were a little pricy for all of them, but they have a good balance of story and survival and I think they are a great way to "dip you toe" getting into survival books.

Just my 2 cents....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads