JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
*WARNING: Graphic Content Of Officer Involved Shooting*

Thought some of you might be interested in this but if you're squeamish, you may want to skip the video. It's a hell of a video and gives good insight into what police deal with.

Note that there are actually two videos in this YouTube link, one from each of the two main officers involved. The first video is from the officer that fired the shot and the shooting occurs at about the 1:28 mark.

Some Interesting Points:

The officer dropped the suspect with a single shot from a Glock 21 from approximately 68.5 feet. A heck of a shot with a pistol when someone is pointing a rifle at you. The rifle, however, was missing it's bolt as this was apparently a "Suicide By Cop" situation.

Note the crazy lady in the red jacket. The cop handled her probably as well as he could have at the time but she's making a bad situation even more dangerous with her cackling and distracting the cop.

Both officers are lucky to be alive, obviously, but it's a good bet that the officer that made the initial contact with the suspect would probably be dead if the suspect's gun was working. You'll see...well really more like hear...how stressed the officer is in the second video.

You also get to hear the brief phone conversation the primary officer had with his wife as his body cam was still recording when he called her to tell her he was ok. I can't imagine what it must be like to get a call like this but it's obviously better than getting the other kind of call.

You'll also note that around 16:40 the secondary officer comments that the suspect's wound was "self inflicted." The officer was initially chased off the porch and was seeking cover when his partner shoots the suspect. But at this point in the video the second officer doesn't know his partner shot the suspect. He had heard a single shot so assumed it was self inflicted.

Full Report (PDF)
http://www.charmeckda.com/news/070617_1.pdf

Man, that was a heck of a shot, with that tard in red distracting him, after running behind concealment (that SUV isn't much cover against a rifle).

Makes you really realize how important it is to practice running to cover when doing shooting drills, as it matches what you are likely to do in reality.

damn what a shot!
IMG_0186.JPG

Last Edited:
1. One HECK of a shot from high stress, with running, boom, bad guy down.

2. Interesting the other LEO was quick to tell the other officer's his mic was hot.

3. LEO who fired called his wife immediately (rightfully so) but I was surprised at what he told his wife. I just had to shoot someone, I'm going to be home late.
Why say you just shot someone. You would think you would leave that out.
More like, have a situation, I'm fine, I'm going to be late.

I heard the cop on the second camera say it was - "GSW, self-inflicted"....

That was the cop that was initially on the porch and ran for cover when he saw the rifle. Accordingly, he didn't not witness the actual shooting and assumed that it was self inflicted...perhaps because there was only a single shot. At that point in the video he still doesn't know all the details.

My 25 yard love affair with the .45 ACP has been rekindled.
These guys handled this about as good as it could have been done.
But in the aftermath, I still say that the LE community should maybe lay off the caffeine in favor of some high B dosage vitamin packs (and yes, I do know quite well what it feels like to be shot at).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top