JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very well said Andy. Back when I was young, I did a ton of shooting with my 44 cal cap and ball. They are lethal, as I took so many jackrabbit with them that I couldn't even begin to count. I had a lot of respect for the cap and ball. So much in fact that I would keep it under the seat (without the caps on of course) of my old '83 Toyota 4x4 when I was traveling back and forth from Oregon to Nevada. My buddy also carried his. I think after the first shot, those that felt the cap and ball was not enough gun, they would re-think the situation a little bit. They are nothing to sneeze at. I'd trust my life with one... and yes, they are fun to shoot...;)
Ya Hunter, I can remember shooting my Ruger Old Army and enjoying the heck out of the spectical it made! Full load of powder gave a flash 4ft out the end of gun and smoke rolling forever! I can see how that might spook some assailant who was not familiar with such a awesome weapon. The only other BP pistol I know that would do that was the dragoon!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews