JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I got the go ahead from my better half to add a stock to this percussion revolver, assuming it is not a permanent modification. What I know about it:

• Made by Pietta.
  • .44-caliber.
  • Brass framed.
  • Appears to have a scalloped out part on the bottom for such an attachment.
Pictures, should they help:

1701285478598.png

1701285544643.png
1701285581928.png

Thanks much. :)

I got the go ahead from my better half to add a stock to this percussion revolver, assuming it is not a permanent modification. What I know about it:

• Made by Pietta.
  • .44-caliber.
  • Brass framed.

View attachment 1771996

View attachment 1771997
View attachment 1771998

This place used to sell this set up and this looks like the stock made for it. They show it as not available from them right now but should give you and idea what you are after here.

Any stock you get will require some fitting.
Easy enough to do...if you are at all handy.
Also...
While it may not matter to you...that revolver ain't really a copy of anything historic....no matter what the ad copy says...:D
Which may give you some leeway in just what the stock looks like or what it is made from.
Andy
Edit to add....
After taking a closer look at your revolver....
While there is scalloped area on the bottom grip frame...there ain't no cut out for a stock on the upper frame or oversized screws to hold the stock.....
You may not be able to fit a stock to this revolver....

Last Edited:
The shoulder stock should come with extended screws for the upper attachments. The lower cut in the butt has a setscrew that tightens into that cut.
Try either Dixie Gunworks or Track of The Wolf for stocks. DR

• Made by Pietta.
  • .44-caliber.
  • Brass framed.

View attachment 1771996

View attachment 1771997
View attachment 1771998

It's damn hard to find a wood stock. They don't make them anymore as far as I know. The metal stocks are cheap and plentiful. I used to have a picture of mine with the stock attached. I'll see if it's in my media. Wood had the looks but metal does the job. Think of the Lee van Queef movie guns. Taylor's sells a conversion cylinder for it btw.

Edit found it, these are about $120

Example pics: This guy in Vancouver has several of the wood stocks that aren't made anymore unless some new "stock" of them came in.

Last Edited:
Also forgot to mention make sure it lists your pistol model. As I recall the 1860 stocks are wider than the 1851 etc. it should say on the advertisement for it Fe "includes hammer screw for pietta 1851, and hammer screw for uberti x....". They come with two screws one for pietta and one for uberti but make sure your model is listed so the screw is the correct length.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top