JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
opened right up when I clicked it.

NYT is mostly behind a paywall. It often depends on how many of their articles you have read recently before they shut you out. I don't know about this article since I don't keep track of how many times I have read something at the NYT this month, but I was able to read it. Sometimes some news sites will let some articles be public without requiring a subscription.

opened right up when I clicked it.

nothing is stopping you. No shortage of white people stating unequivocally why they are....

Who saying it is your fault ? You're choosing to make yourself a victim if that's how you feel.
Totally not the point of what I was saying...but thank you for quoting and replying.

To be more clear....
Race ain't got a role in firearm ownership...
Own a gun or not...its your choice...Just don't make that choice for others , is all that I ask.

As for thinking something is my fault....I don't think that what I mentioned is my fault...
However I am tired of folks telling me that it is.
Andy

I have friends and acquaintances who are minorities who are armed. They have guns for the same reasons most others do- to protect their homes and families. Cultural attitudes seem to vary with ethnicity. My black coworker has a couple guns to protect his family. He's a hard-working family man with investments and real estate. He says he's middle of the road politically, but votes straight (D) because he hates the (R)s, and thinks they're racist.

My Filipino and Islander friends tend more conservative, but generally own guns for the same reason as my co-worker, simple defense of home and family. My long-time friend of Chinese descent has very odd, eclectic political views, but again, his purpose for having a gun is simply defense and recreation. I do have one acquaintance who is Native American, a "right-winger" who seems to be preparing for civil war or something.

Cultural attitudes and perspective are generational and often take decades to change. Yes, segregation ended a half-century ago, but that cultural memory lives on. It doesn't help when you have some leaders who make a living off of perpetuating it.

I read somewhere a while back that one of the biggest problems hindering race relations nowadays was the perception of racism: White people have a tendency to not see racism where it does exist, and blacks tend to see it even where it doesn't.

Totally not the point of what I was saying...but thank you for quoting and replying.

To be more clear....
Race ain't got a role in firearm ownership...
Own a gun or not...its your choice...Just don't make that choice for others , is all that I ask.

As for thinking something is my fault....I don't think that what I mentioned is my fault...
However I am tired of folks telling me that it is.
Andy

exactly.

Good. More legal gun ownership is good for all legal gun owners.

Doesn't matter what "threat" you want to be able to defend against, being American should mean you don't have to explain it to anyone.

Arm up!

When someone says "government takeover" is a fantasy, I would point to the current POTUS being urged to declare martial law in order to overturn an election. This is a POTUS that has tried to curry favor with militia, LEOs and generals in the Pentagon (fortunately, he did a piss poor job of it). If that was a democrat, gun owners would literally be prepping for civil war.

Thank you. So many around me fail to see this.

We're all on the same team down here, red or blue, but if Obama was saying these things, we'd have already been marching on the white house... I think it just goes to show many Trump supports now see him for the blowhard he's always been.

Hoping we get a better candidate than this grifter in 2024, otherwise we're in for a stretch of infighting and dems leading the charge on new laws.

Correct me if I am wrong but is not the most direct threat to our Black communities from within? Isn't the majority of crime committed against Black Americans by other Black Americans? Aside from the extremely rare illegal Police shooting or some equally super rare hate crime the most common thing a Black American needs to worry about if another Black American. ( yes there are surely crimes committed against Black Americans by White Americans but they are low on the chart from what I read) I am only going by the published statistic's. SO I would assume the over ridding reason to purchase a firearm by Black Americans is for self protection and that being most common from people of their own race.
Black Americans watch the same news. They see these crazed unite the right rallies, but they have a very different history with this type of rally than whites do.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top