JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
nice!!

looks like a very good demonstration of peaceful protesting by law abiding citizens. i did not see any fighting or any of the crap that you see when the gun haters go and protest. infact, i was NOT surprised when the lady who was against the protest was welcomed to stay instead of shamed and beaten; which is likely what would have happend if it was the other way around.

guns are not the problem.

Very inspirational. I also liked, and was also not surprised, that the counter-protestor was treated respectfully. I think open-carry definitely worked to the protestors' advantage in this setting, showing defiance and strength in a manner that was not threatening to the public.

It needs saying.

sorry-nancy.jpg

These type of open carry demonstrations can be risky. If gun owners appear threatening (keep in mind what we don't consider threatening can look menacing on TV to non gun owners) it will work against us. Carrying a loaded rifle at the low ready position while speaking loudly makes a different flavored statement than wearing a gun shirt and waving an American flag, or keeping the rifle slung.

These type of open carry demonstrations can be risky. If gun owners appear threatening (keep in mind what we don't consider threatening can look menacing on TV to non gun owners) it will work against us. Carrying a loaded rifle at the low ready position while speaking loudly makes a different flavored statement than wearing a gun shirt and waving an American flag, or keeping the rifle slung.
For sure.

Remember years back when ODF&W told hunters in transit to not show their trophy heads ( hide them), on the way home, so as not to offend the non-hunters on the road? Well, that was the wrong thing to do...just like not exercising your Constitutional right to open carry in public. Get them used to seeing them - it should be understood TO BE NORMAL!! So now, we display our game heads on the way home-like we used to. We get the occasional finger from libs, but also plenty of honks, and thumbs up, from other hunters.

nice!!

looks like a very good demonstration of peaceful protesting by law abiding citizens. i did not see any fighting or any of the crap that you see when the gun haters go and protest. infact, i was NOT surprised when the lady who was against the protest was welcomed to stay instead of shamed and beaten; which is likely what would have happend if it was the other way around.

guns are not the problem.

You are correct in your wording " PROTEST" we here and Oregon have hand holding hugs rallies.
And there is a huge difference in the wording and public perception.

This should be the model by which these kinds of demonstrations are carried out. Very well spoken, prepared presentations and a variety of people coming together for a united cause.

I also appreciate the speaker allowing the opponent to share her point of view.

Very well done. It will be interesting to see how their local media spins it.

Pure leftists' standards. I will not comply.

uWDLsBGf_cE.jpg

Last Edited:

The media and the politicians are already painting us all as criminals in training and all too mentally unstable to be trusted. The only thing that will make us appear compliant to them is disarming and handing over everything. I've been personally told that as a gun owner I should be detained indefinitely until a psychiatrist can determine that I'm not a threat. It was also implied that torturing me if I remained silent would be reasonable as well.

I'm pretty sure the time has passed of caring how we look carrying weapons at protests.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of these events, and if they were carrying axehandles or pitchforks I'd feel the same.
All I see are some well-meaning Americans acting like media stereotypes, and eventually there will be the inevitable real or faked "incident" that will give the media the kind of negative visual that they are itching to run with.
Protest/rally all you want but leave the long guns home... but, if you must, leave 'em slung on your back, at least keep your paws off of them and the mags in your pockets, and stop muzzle-sweeping the surrounding buildings.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of these events, and if they were carrying axehandles or pitchforks I'd feel the same.
All I see are some well-meaning Americans acting like media stereotypes, and eventually there will be the inevitable real or faked "incident" that will give the media the kind of negative visual that they are itching to run with.
Protest/rally all you want but leave the long guns home... but, if you must, leave 'em slung on your back, at least keep your paws off of them and the mags in your pockets, and stop muzzle-sweeping the surrounding buildings.
Why? Just because it will make liberals less unhappy?
I agree with bolus. We've reached the point of no return, so it's time to stop playing nice.

What we really need is about 30 million armed Gun Owners to March on DC and show them we mean business.
What Part of "Shall NOT be Infringed" Don't they understand ?
Great idea but unlike the lefty red diaper doper baby crowd we have jobs, families, obligations, etc...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top