JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
During the meeting, opponents of the policy booed and shouted, "Delay the vote," demanding a more detailed discussion take place at an Aug. 18 meeting before the board made a final decision.

LOL, should have told them they had to pass it to see what was in it. :s0140:

I think its pretty obvious that the only viable and equitable solution to this situation is arming and training the kids.

Oh No Reaction GIF by Bounce

"If the board gave me a blank check and said go hire a school resource officer for every school in Cobb County, I could not do that," Ragsdale said.
Yet another point in favor of lifting restrictions against carry on/near school grounds... They have 114 schools, and only 70 officers. So, 44 schools are just SOL on protection, and that's if all 70 SROs show up to work. Toss in sick days, vacation, etc. and you're probably looking at something like 60 schools with SROs, 54 without. So, almost half of their schools are unprotected.

No one is required to carry a gun. If a staff member is comfortable carrying concealed then I don't see a problem with it.

In case of the unthinkable, it should be pretty easy to identify the bad guy.

No one is required to carry a gun. If a staff member is comfortable carrying concealed then I don't see a problem with it.

In case of the unthinkable, it should be pretty easy to identify the bad guy.
Agreed. As long as our schools remain soft targer free for all kill zones, school shootings will continue to climb. As it stands now... it's been tested time and again and proven to be one of the best ways to rack up easy kill points and get you name forever in the history books. That kind of allure is too great a temptation to dangle in the face of an evil seed.

Taking guns out of law abiding teachers and parents hands on school grounds hasn't worked. Isn't it about time we tried something new... like allowing the tools required for the job to be present in the workplace?

I do understand that schools are mainly concerned about liability (in the event a teacher or parent on school grounds accidentally injured a child while engaging an active shooter), but leaving our children open up to slaughter sure isn't the better alternative, IMHO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top