JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The author is a moron...

"When I moved north, first to Detroit and then to New York, I moved into a mental space of more stringent gun control. In general, people weren't hunting. There was law enforcement everywhere, reachable as quickly as one could dial 911. There were cellphones.

Armed crimes were rampant as well as shootings and gun-related homicides. There were mass shootings and drive-by shootings, all phenomena foreign to me. In my mind, city dwellers simply didn't have the same need for weapons as the people in the rural community where I was raised, and many were also not reared with the respect for and knowledge of weapons we possessed."

More violence means less need for self-defense???? Moron.

"Sure, there are still hunters and farmers and people living in rural areas who use rifles as a tool. There are people who use guns for sport or who collect them. But, there are also people who buy and hoard guns because they have been fed a dystopian fantasy of a race war or a government takeover.

It seems to me that the surge in Black gun-buying is in large part simply a response to that. As has been the case since slavery, many Black people feel the need to defend themselves from their own country."

Yeah. Black people are buying guns because of the evil white conservatives fantasizing about a race war. Moron.

Written with the tone "I'm sorry to say that we need guns, but I really want to be rid of them."
Has some good points about owning guns, but drops off before I even understood a point to the article. Also has some ridiculous points about how we could have made a crime free world, which seems delusional. Unless the point was just to whine about how minority groups arm themselves for defense and the writer really doesn't like that.

Citizens own guns, serf's require their master to protect them. Intersectionality? That's moron speak.

When someone says "government takeover" is a fantasy, I would point to the current POTUS being urged to declare martial law in order to overturn an election. This is a POTUS that has tried to curry favor with militia, LEOs and generals in the Pentagon (fortunately, he did a piss poor job of it). If that was a democrat, gun owners would literally be prepping for civil war.

As for the author being a moron, he was being forthcoming about his mindset as he moved to a more urban area, and then went on to say how black people felt the need for guns to defend themselves against their own country.

How many white people here have also felt that need due to gun control being aimed at them too? How often have we said that the Second Amendment is about giving civilians the power to resist tyranny? I have said that many times.

How often have we noted that gun control was first enacted against minorities, especially blacks? In some respects, it is still true.

Try to take the article in its entirety.

What's the issue ? He's talking about his experience growing up in a rural community, learning to use guns whether for hunting, fun or self defense., no doubt it mirrors the childhood of may people who grew up outside big cities.

Also can't argue that many people, black and white, have gotten into gun ownership to defend against .gov overreach or, depending which twitter/ facebook groups you're on, a race war/civil war/ great reset that keeps getting put out there.

Correct me if I am wrong but is not the most direct threat to our Black communities from within? Isn't the majority of crime committed against Black Americans by other Black Americans? Aside from the extremely rare illegal Police shooting or some equally super rare hate crime the most common thing a Black American needs to worry about if another Black American. ( yes there are surely crimes committed against Black Americans by White Americans but they are low on the chart from what I read) I am only going by the published statistic's. SO I would assume the over ridding reason to purchase a firearm by Black Americans is for self protection and that being most common from people of their own race.

Full disclosure and disclaimer...
I could not open up the link and read the article.

With that said...
One can own firearms here in America....Regardless of their Race.*
If you can honestly answer the questions on the 4473 and pass the back ground check ...
Then there ya go , own what you want and can afford.

Owning firearms is very personal , at least to me...Some reasons I have shared here on the forum...others are more private.
I wonder what the reaction would be if I wrote an article entitled :
White and Armed.
Andy

*Yes I know that it hasn't always been this way...but its way this now.
And I kinda doubt that anyone alive will have memories of it being different.
So spare me the lectures of :
How in the past this...
Or that somehow the Black Codes of pre-Civil War America are my fault.
Or that crime in one area of America , an area where I do not live in or have contact with , is again , somehow my fault.

Own a firearm or not....just don't make that choice for others.

Last Edited:
The author is a moron...

"When I moved north, first to Detroit and then to New York, I moved into a mental space of more stringent gun control. In general, people weren't hunting. There was law enforcement everywhere, reachable as quickly as one could dial 911. There were cellphones.

Armed crimes were rampant as well as shootings and gun-related homicides. There were mass shootings and drive-by shootings, all phenomena foreign to me. In my mind, city dwellers simply didn't have the same need for weapons as the people in the rural community where I was raised, and many were also not reared with the respect for and knowledge of weapons we possessed."

More violence means less need for self-defense???? Moron.

"Sure, there are still hunters and farmers and people living in rural areas who use rifles as a tool. There are people who use guns for sport or who collect them. But, there are also people who buy and hoard guns because they have been fed a dystopian fantasy of a race war or a government takeover.

It seems to me that the surge in Black gun-buying is in large part simply a response to that. As has been the case since slavery, many Black people feel the need to defend themselves from their own country."

Yeah. Black people are buying guns because of the evil white conservatives fantasizing about a race war. Moron.

So, if you were a black person watching rallies and protests on the nightly news, do you think that the goals of the various featured armed militia would align with your own interests ? Do you see those armed men as neutral peacekeepersl, or do you see them fighting against BLM ? So then do you see those militias as a threat to your safety ?

Lets not pretend that there aren't white people fantasizing about a race war or, at the very least, putting black people "in their place". Black people have Twitter and Facebook too. If you were a black gun owner and read some of the posts on gun forums, you might feel pretty unwelcome.

Correct me if I am wrong but is not the most direct threat to our Black communities from within? Isn't the majority of crime committed against Black Americans by other Black Americans? Aside from the extremely rare illegal Police shooting or some equally super rare hate crime the most common thing a Black American needs to worry about if another Black American. ( yes there are surely crimes committed against Black Americans by White Americans but they are low on the chart from what I read) I am only going by the published statistic's. SO I would assume the over ridding reason to purchase a firearm by Black Americans is for self protection and that being most common from people of their own race.

You can have or a need to defend against many different threats. Having one threat doesn't mean others don't matter.
Black on black crime statistics are a broad generalization and their reality on your everyday life will vary greatly depending on where you live and what you do for a living.

It would be informative and useful if some black members of NWFA could jump on and honestly say what they thought is or isn't a threat, or why they just bought/own a gun, instead of what I'm guessing are white men, posting what they think black people should think.

Last Edited:
As I have said in another thread, I see similarities between the current civil unrest and the events leading up and including the civil war in Spain that lead to Franco's rule.

In short, I would not support either side, but Franco tried to, and succeeded in overturning a valid election. The election resulted in the majority of people (who were poor) wanting to take land away from the minority (rich land owners) which rarely ends well for either side. In the case of Spain the rich fought back, and then Hitler and Stalin chose sides to support.

Crap, I thought this thread was going to be about those evil Modern Sporting Rifles. Yet I come here to find out it is yet another race based discussion. Good luck with that...

Increased crime in specific cities and even more specific neighborhoods is always ignored by these leftist dipbubblegums.

Full disclosure and disclaimer...
I could not open up the link and read the article.
opened right up when I clicked it.

I wonder what the reaction would be if I wrote an article entitled :
White and Armed.
Andy

nothing is stopping you. No shortage of white people stating unequivocally why they are....

*Yes I know that it hasn't always been this way...but its way this now.
And I kinda doubt that anyone alive will have memories of it being different.
So spare me the lectures of :
How in the past this...
Or that somehow the Black Codes of pre-Civil War America are my fault.
Or that crime in one area of America , an area where I do not live in or have contact with , is again , somehow my fault.

Who saying it is your fault ? You're choosing to make yourself a victim if that's how you feel.

making literally everything about race is the issue.

edit: to add to that, i grew up in a neighborhood where most of my friends happened to be black. some came from broken homes, some came from homes with solid hard working parents. as kids, never once EVER was anyone worried about the color of our skin. we were more worried about who got the ball next and could score a touchdown while playing football in the street. most of my friends ended up with families and careers. some went down the wrong path and went to jail. some are dead because of poor choices. you will find that everywhere no matter the color of your skin. for people to sit there and blame race or past events in history as to why they "didnt make it" or "are oppressed" makes me see red. you see, in my opinion, life is all about choices. you get out of life what you put in.

They aren't safe because most of them vote in the bubblegumhole politicians, mayors, govenors and the like that keep these bubblegumholes voting for the same scumbags over and over again with no change.

raw.gif

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top