JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im looking for a traditional looking bipod that will work with a wood HK G3 handguard on a PTR 91.

Something like this but works with the wood handguard. I cant figure out if one exists. It looks like I might be able to mount a FAL bipod to the barrel. But I'd rather get something that was made for it.

download (1).jpg

There is also a heavy bipod that attaches farther back but I cant find that available anywhere either
download.jpg

There is also a heavy bipod that attaches farther back but I cant find that available anywhere either
Your budget is way higher than mine if you can dump the cash for one...

Tbh, wide handguard and bipod would probably cause fewer headaches. That's all I know regarding that.

Robert RTG and HKparts as well as the forum should have those.. I got out of the roller lock game about two years ago and havent stayed with the market.

Best of luck! Cant wait to see it when its all done!

You need to set back with the weight of the rifle for the light bipod to work effectively. The heavy one shown above is the HK 21 machine gun bipod, and the best you can get, if you want to spend the money. It will leave a mark on the receiver, though.

If you get the lighter bipod, do get a spare, as well as a spare forearm with mounting metal. They're good quality, but most users bend 'em up in a few hundred rounds.

I never tried it on my CETME, but I believe the FAL bipod may fit. The Early metric FAl should be the closest to what I remember the G3 and variants used.
Man some of the FALs aren't the same,it would be a crap shoot trying to fit one to a 91
Then again you may find one that is pefect

The light bipod will only work with the tropical(fat) handguards. The heavy will work but will cost you $500 or so.
I wouldn't advise mounting one to the barrel since it is free floating and will mess up a great feature of these rifles.
You might be able to fix a standard bipod stud to the front handguard ferule and mount a Harris style on it.

The light bipod will only work with the tropical(fat) handguards. The heavy will work but will cost you $500 or so.
I wouldn't advise mounting one to the barrel since it is free floating and will mess up a great feature of these rifles.
You might be able to fix a standard bipod stud to the front handguard ferule and mount a Harris style on it.

it does not seem that there is an inexpensive traditional looking option.

If your savy with tools and stuff you can adapt the wide HG bipod mount, to the metal on the end of the wood forearm. Of all the things I didn't take pictures of!
You do have to sacrifice a set of wide HG's but oh well

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads