JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have noticed that an increasing number of clerks get on a power trip.
I had a lady at Bi Mart almost not sell me some 12g ammo because my ID had a tiny little smudge on it - I literally wiped it off with my hand but she called the manager over and asked about it and the manager was like uhhh yeah there's no problem here wtf? Also, BiMart has been walking ammo over to checkout with people lately which is also annoying if you have other things to buy.

BiMart has been walking ammo over to checkout with people lately which is also annoying if you have other things to buy.
You realize there's a reason for that? Doesn't Medford have any of the homeless thieving, drugged, criminals like we do up here? We had one of our Bimart's here closed because of the crime problems and no police to help out. Even if they did our feckless mayor and county DA would set them loose 20 minutes after they wrote their name down.

You realize there's a reason for that? Doesn't Medford have any of the homeless thieving, drugged, criminals like we do up here? We had one of our Bimart's here closed because of the crime problems and no police to help out. Even if they did our feckless mayor and county DA would set them loose 20 minutes after they wrote their name down.
The left calls this "winning ".

... Also, BiMart has been walking ammo over to checkout with people lately which is also annoying if you have other things to buy.
Biddle Road one maybe??

Haven't run into such at the Main Street store. Less convenient location for us, however is a better location to shop at - due to far far lower percentage of drugged out dirt bag scum bags in that area vs Biddle.

I had a lady at Bi Mart almost not sell me some 12g ammo because my ID had a tiny little smudge on it - I literally wiped it off with my hand but she called the manager over and asked about it and the manager was like uhhh yeah there's no problem here wtf? Also, BiMart has been walking ammo over to checkout with people lately which is also annoying if you have other things to buy.
You know she hides the preparation-h

This seems to be something they started doing at stores with higher theft rates.

As for being asked to ID for buying reload components or ammo, this has been a thing for over 15 years and you're just now getting upset by it? Oregon has required ID to buy primer, powder, bullets, brass and ammo for over 15 years but not everyone checks IDs. They even have a sign at the counter that says this, if you don't bother to read than don't complain just cause you're to lazy to read, there is enough of that from the left.

For the cashier it all depends on what manager is there or watching, as some make them do it while others don't really care.

Ammo and reload components have been an age restricted items for decades for all retail sale nationally.

For Fred Meyer, They can enter the date manually.

I refuse to let them scan my ID.
Same. They carry a favorite beer of mine and always ask to scan my ID. I tell them they can make note of the DOB, but no scanning. So far they have been very cool about that.

Give them the last four of your social instead, that is all that is needed for mail in voting, four random numbers.

It's very inclusive.

I went to a local battery store for a small watch battery. I could have ordered it from scamazon for less and saved a trip, but I'd bought other specialty batteries there and wanted to support a local business. The clerks there have been terriffic, and I've even had long conversations with one of them. The clerk I don't recognize (turns out he was the owner) asked for my name.

I said, "No thanks." In the past, that's been enough. They just ring it up.
But no, Sparky replies with, "I need it for the receipt."
"I don't need a receipt."
"I still need your name."
"For $8 worth of batteries?"
"Yes."
"I've been buying stuff here for years. No one has insisted before."
"Well, that's it then. I'll just order it online. I won't be back."

I haven't been back, and I've since bought a car battery, motorcycle battery and who knows what else that I'd surely have bought there simply out of misplaced loyalty. What an idiot.

Same. They carry a favorite beer of mine and always ask to scan my ID. I tell them they can make note of the DOB, but no scanning. So far they have been very cool about that.

I went to a local battery store for a small watch battery. I could have ordered it from scamazon for less and saved a trip, but I'd bought other specialty batteries there and wanted to support a local business. The clerks there have been terriffic, and I've even had long conversations with one of them. The clerk I don't recognize (turns out he was the owner) asked for my name.

"Yes."

I haven't been back, and I've since bought a car battery, motorcycle battery and who knows what else that I'd surely have bought there simply out of misplaced loyalty. What an idiot.
That's because you weren't using a card.

That store probably didn't have the "good" facial recognition camera software setup yet.

So NFA could ID you off of your DL & track you that way…

That's because you weren't using a card.

That store probably didn't have the "good" facial recognition camera software setup yet.

So NFA could ID you off of your DL & track you that way…
Cute. I actually was paying with cash. I don't care why he wanted my name, and I'm sure I could have made one up. I was just pissed that he kept pushing it.

"Yes."

That's computers for you.

I'm sure the computer won't let the salesperson complete the transaction without entering a name.

That's why I always give a a crazy sounding name, like Hezekiah Hackenschmidt. They always ask, "How do you spell that?," and I rely, "Just like it sounds," and rattle off the spelling quickly.

If I'm feeling irritated I will give a celebrity name, or celebrity killer name, like Robert Blake, or Charles Mason.

There's nothing better than screwing up computer records, which you should do frequently, and as much as possible.

Stopped to get a haircut yesterday. They wanted my phone number. I said no. They refused service. I walked out.
I was asked that once; I gave them a random phone number. They said - Jeff would you like the same haircut as last time; I said no let's switch it up. I made sure they saved it for the next time.

Cute. I actually was paying with cash. I don't care why he wanted my name, and I'm sure I could have made one up. I was just pissed that he kept pushing it.
Missed opportunity.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8-12.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top