JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't back up any sales figures or if bimart is Remington's biggest contract, in fact I doubt that, but as a bimart employee I can tell you as of this time Remington ammo is discontinued and they will not be receiving any more. The sales you see are to get it sold and once it's gone, it's gone.

Last Edited:
MKWERX is right, Bi-Mart buys ammo thru All Sports Supply.
I'm not worried about getting Remington ammo from Bi-Mart. Remington ammo is not necessarily the best commercial ammo on the market these days, and I've started loading my own anyway.

I also read about a month ago that Aguila is making a lot of the Remington ammo down in Mexico, and just about all of the Remington 22 LR and 9mm is made there now, so maybe that will help to fill some of the shortage that we have been complaining about.

MKWERX is right, Bi-Mart buys ammo thru All Sports Supply.
I'm not worried about getting Remington ammo from Bi-Mart. Remington ammo is not necessarily the best commercial ammo on the market these days, and I've started loading my own anyway.

I also read about a month ago that Aguila is making a lot of the Remington ammo down in Mexico, and just about all of the Remington 22 LR and 9mm is made there now, so maybe that will help to fill some of the shortage that we have been complaining about.

Not really good news that we have lost more jobs to Mexico. I remember the Koreans had PMC ammo made in Mexico some time ago and it stands out in my mind because the ammo was really bad. No powder in the rounds and the primer pushed the bullet into the barrel. Friends ended up with cases of bad ammo. PMC is excellent when made by the Koreans.

Thanks for the information on Remington ammo, if it's made in Mexico they can keep it as far as I am concerned. I can't afford my gun damaged.

I just called my local Bi-Mart..

They told me they were phasing out MOST of Rem. ammo., especially pistol.

I asked about pistol ammo on sale, ......................................Rem 9mm for $16.99 per box.

That doesn't sound like a good price.................:(

I just called my local Bi-Mart..

They told me they were phasing out MOST of Rem. ammo., especially pistol.

I asked about pistol ammo on sale, ......................................Rem 9mm for $16.99 per box.

That doesn't sound like a good price.................:(

Honestly I was hoping for some better pricing when I went in yesterday as well, but it's ammo, it's not like it won't sell. Regardless, it was a good visit. For a year I have been checking their powder selection and for a year it's always been just black powder, well yesterday they actually had a powder I was looking for!!

I have a couple of good friends who work in sporting goods at Bimart (one of them is a manager) and was told the other day that they will no longer be selling Remington ammo. Bimart is Remington's biggest customer in the U.S. They said that Remington has constantly been saying they can fill ammo orders, but are never able to furfill what they have promised. Apparently, Bimart headquarters has gotten sick of it and will no longer be purchasing Remington ammo. Firearms and accessories will still be purchased and sold. They are now going with Federal, Winchester, CCI and few different manufactures for shotgun shells. Thought this was kind of interesting!

Visited out local Bi-Mart today and found your post accurate. Too bad, Remington was the go-to brand when they had sales. They still have Remington on the shelves, but not much and it was not a bargan. You know the prices will keep increasing.

Would be nice if our local Bi Mart had daily shipments of ammo - the ones in Forest Grove, Aloha, Hillsboro and Beaverton all have told me they get their ammo shipment once a week, and they don't all get it on the same day. :( Most of the times I walk in there they have the same empty spots on the shelves - usually in the calibers/brands I'm most interested in. Bi Mart has had the best price I've seen on my preferred carry ammo when they get it (Hornady TAP or XTP 124 grain) - but supply seems spotty.

It's been a while since I purchased the bulk packs of UMC from Bi Mart - they're usually $10 higher than I've found those bulk packs at Sportman's, Fisherman's, or Wal-Mart. I used to buy 100 round packs of Winchester USA ammo - but my local Bi Marts haven't seemed to carry those in ages. Wal Mart occasionally has them. They've had 100 round value packs of the Remington green box stuff and I occasionally get those when they are around $20.

I'm "guessing" that the profit margin on REM. ammo is not high enough to compete with "Other Brands"that are available now (Tulamo, Russian stuff, etc.), hence the discontinuation.

No big deal............EVERYTHING is changing, and getting more expensive.

Would be nice if our local Bi Mart had daily shipments of ammo - the ones in Forest Grove, Aloha, Hillsboro and Beaverton all have told me they get their ammo shipment once a week, and they don't all get it on the same day. :( Most of the times I walk in there they have the same empty spots on the shelves - usually in the calibers/brands I'm most interested in. Bi Mart has had the best price I've seen on my preferred carry ammo when they get it (Hornady TAP or XTP 124 grain) - but supply seems spotty.

It's been a while since I purchased the bulk packs of UMC from Bi Mart - they're usually $10 higher than I've found those bulk packs at Sportman's, Fisherman's, or Wal-Mart. I used to buy 100 round packs of Winchester USA ammo - but my local Bi Marts haven't seemed to carry those in ages. Wal Mart occasionally has them. They've had 100 round value packs of the Remington green box stuff and I occasionally get those when they are around $20.

Our local Bi-Mart is the cheapest around (normally). There's a couple of gun shops and a Fred Meyer here. Freddies was fine a couple of years ago, now just want to empty your pockets when you get near the gun counter. Walmart is 26 miles away in Crescent City. Not interested in supporting Gov. Brown's agenda. Medford is 130 miles to another Bi-Mart or Walmart, don't get there often. Bi-Mart was $39.97 today for American Eagle 5.56 - 100's. Too much, unless Obama/Holder get their way.:(

I was told the same thing, Remington can't get the ammo they need, .22 wise, so, they are going to CCI/ have gone with CCI. And, they have been getting CCI fairly steady, a lot better than the remington stuff. Right after i was told this, they had some CCI come in, i went down the next day, they still had a few 300 rd count boxes, ONE per person/customer. This is the first .22 ammo i've been able to buy in over a year at bimart. Too many people sitting in the parking lots waiting for freight to come in, then, buy all they can. Flipping it else where for more money.

There are some weird distribution models in the US. Even if you are Walmart with their bulldozer way of getting what they want, they cannot buy directly from the gun and ammo makers. It probably makes them madder than hell that they have to go through the same channels as everyone else. There are a few other products like this, floor coverings, carpet and tile have this same model. You cannot buy from the manufacturer no matter who you are, you have to buy from the distributor. It was the model up until 50-60 years ago for almost everything sold in the US. For some reason certain products have manged to hold on to this mode.

I Invented and marketed a product not too long ago.

My price was X

Multiply that 5 times....that equals retail price!
:(:(
X times 5!!

It cost me $3.50 per unit delivered from China to Portland docs.

3.5 x 5 = you do the math..........................................................................................($17.50)

The Distributors got a GOOD percentage of that 500% markup............:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Bimart pricing is going to be the same at every store
Good to know. Apparently I lie.
I bought shotgun shells for 10.00 in Lincoln City, happened to be in Corvallis the next day, stopped in there to buy more of them and they ARE 13.00. YMMV.

Why do we pretend we actually know what's going on behind the scenes with this whole deal and who gives a bubblegum! This ain't even a small deal.

I Invented and marketed a product not too long ago.

My price was X

Multiply that 5 times....that equals retail price!
:(:(
X times 5!!

It cost me $3.50 per unit delivered from China to Portland docs.

3.5 x 5 = you do the math..........................................................................................($17.50)

The Distributors got a GOOD percentage of that 500% markup............:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If it cost you $3.50 per unit, then you should be charging $5-$7 per unit to your distributor in order to make a profit. Your distributor will then charge retailers $10-$14 to deliver said units so they can make a profit. The retailers will then charge the end user/consumer $15-$25 to make a profit.

It may seem outrageous, but most folks don't understand the high cost of business that businesses have to deal with. Most of it is because of government regulations and taxes of every size, shape, and description.

Examples:

Payroll tax (state and fed)
Inventory tax (state and fed)
Social security tax (fed)
Property tax (state and fed)
Fuel tax (state and fed)
Utilities tax (local, state, fed)
Medicare tax
Medical benefits
Specialized personnel to deal with it all

If a business cannot make at least 30% gross profit consistently, they won't last.

The underlying driving reason of inflation is..... GOVERNMENT!

The talk of more ammunition made outside the U.S. is a bit disturbing. Not just from the jobs aspect, but the problems if there is a ban on imported ammunition. With government agencies having more and more authority, I don't think that it's such a stretch.

No, it is not a stretch. Has been talk of a pincer movement towards drying up the ammunition supply, i.e. "imports", and through the EPA with lead bans... Which will allow the ATF to bring up the specter of "armor piercing "bullets, and banning them.

Good to know. Apparently I lie.
I bought shotgun shells for 10.00 in Lincoln City, happened to be in Corvallis the next day, stopped in there to buy more of them and they ARE 13.00. YMMV.

Why do we pretend we actually know what's going on behind the scenes with this whole deal and who gives a bubblegum! This ain't even a small deal.
I'm simply speaking from experience working there. And it is quite easy for things to be mislabeled or be on sale one day and not the next. Also several items can appear to be the same but really be slightly different, especially ammo, and therefore be a different price. Not saying you're a liar these are just possible scenarios

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top