JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There was a time when I would have taken information from Bi Mart employee's (especially their department and store managers) as gospel.

Over the last couple of years, I have noticed that their versions of the truth seem to change daily, conflict with others in the same stores, and more interestingly, with the story you get from their counterparts at the next store down the road. I've found that the story can even change when you verify it with higher-ups at corporate in Eugene.

Now, when I hear "this guy at Bi Mart says" I take it with less than a grain of salt. Consider it the spin of the day, what they think you want to hear or an attempt to manipulate you into buying something else.

Waiting and seeing is a lot more dependable than what they feed you and even their "everyday low prices" these days.

Might not be Bi-Mart dealing with Remington directly. A lot (all?) of Bi-Marts ammo came
through AllSports, a distributor that serviced most of the Western US. I can believe 70 million
at the distributor level---not at the Bi-Mart level.

Might not be Bi-Mart dealing with Remington directly. A lot (all?) of Bi-Marts ammo came
through AllSports, a distributor that serviced most of the Western US. I can believe 70 million
at the distributor level---not at the Bi-Mart level.

Bimart is a whole sale outfit. The 70 million I spoke of was given to me by one of the guys that runs the sporting goods counter. I doubt he would lie but you may not know the full story. It may be a five year contract. Anyway it seems people can't believe numbers unless they are personal involved. I got the numbers from them and I have nothing to do with the numbers but repeating what the guy said.

This might be the highest concentration of BS, conjecture and assumptions I have ever seen in one thread anywhere on the internet, That includes AR15.com and Pirate 4x4.

Bimart feels they found a better way to buy stuff and stopped buying something from their current source, Correct or the general assumption, Yes?

Big F-N deal. This happens all the time in business. It's not like Bimart sold out to Target and will no longer be selling guns/ammo, Its just a supplier change on BULK ammo.

Besides... I talked to the lackey at my Bimart and he said it was a 9 trillion dollar deal.... That's a lot of bulk ammo now... :D

Warning... Above sentence could contain made up BS, But it sounds more gooder.

Bimart is a whole sale outfit. The 70 million I spoke of was given to me by one of the guys that runs the sporting goods counter. I doubt he would lie but you may not know the full story. It may be a five year contract. Anyway it seems people can't believe numbers unless they are personal involved. I got the numbers from them and I have nothing to do with the numbers but repeating what the guy said.

Nobody is saying the guy is lying on purpose, my guess is he just got a rumor and has taken it as fact. It happens all the time in any community, things get blow out of proportion or taken the wrong way, misheard or flat out made up. As it goes down the line, more people repeat it and it become more believable.

If Bi Mart has 70 stores, and someone claims they're dumping a 70 million dollar contract, that is simple math. $1 Million per year per store in Remington ammo. That's $83,333.33 a month, and if we assume a $20 per box average, that would be 4166 boxes of ammo per store per month, or 139 boxes per day. And since the Remington ammo usually is less than $20/box - that's really even more boxes of ammo. than that. They would be getting ammo deliveries every day, not just once a week at that rate.

I won't complain if they have MORE ammo available - but I don't have brand loyalty for cheap practice ammo so I don't care if it's Federal, Remgington, CCI, Winchester, Tula as long as it's halfway decent, and cheap enough to stock up on.

Yup, I did my own math after you pointed out my error and came up with about the same math. I think I was a bit tired when I said 300 boxes. As now I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that.

I will note, the store near me does get daily shipments. Well M-F shipments anyway.

Like you I don't really care about brand for pinking ammo, though I wouldn't include Tula. I know they can order just about anything you want, but even without the shortages sometimes it takes months to get into stock. I like the clerks at my local Bi-Mart. They are fairly knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Which tends to not be the case when I visit Sportsmans or Cabela's.

Anyway, it seems odd to shutdown an avenue of inventory if you don't have to do it. As for the whole distributor/wholesale model. That is one of those things which has always bothered me, but that is another discussion.

Thanks for pointing out my silly math. :)

And its all "internet correct". :)

On a serious note, Clearance prices looked pretty good at the Bimart I was in tonight, 2-5 bucks off or more all Remington ammo. I of coarse bought 20 bricks of 22lr and was on my marry way. :oops:
I am going run over tomorrow and check. I am late to the game so all the good calibers will be gone.

I was at the Albany bimart today and they still had a few popular calibers on clearance. I was able to pick up two boxes of Remington #2 steel for duck hunting next year and it was down to $10 a box.

Wow, there is a lot of math in this thread

According to my calculations,

If x represents a case of Remington ammo;

((3x^2 - 27)/4) * ((8x^2)/(9 - 3x)) / ((x^2 + 3x)/6)

(3(x^2 - 9)/4) * ((8x^2)/(-3x + 9)) / (x(x + 3)/6)

((24x^2)(x - 3)(x + 3))/(-3(x - 3)) / (x(x + 3)/6)

((-8x^2)(x + 3)) / (x(x + 3)/6)

((-8x^2)(x + 3)) * (6/(x(x + 3)))

((-48x^2)(x + 3))/(x(x + 3))

-48x

((3x^2 - 27)/4) * ((8x^2)/(9 - 3x)) / ((x^2 + 3x)/6) = -48x(trillion)

Bottom line; Forty-eight Trillion Cases per week!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top