JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Desert Eagle .44 mag. --Built by Israel Military. Yes, I know there will be a lot of opinions and there should be. I'm just repeating what some articles have said. At 5 lbs. this is not my carry gun by the way, but my favorite to shoot. When firing at a range, after the first shot someone usually yells "who's got the hand cannon?" I have a lot, I mean a lot of firearms. I only occasionally just fire a few. My carry gun is the Ruger Elsie Pea. Photo below (?).

Last Edited:
We all have our favorites. My comments were quotes from TV and Movie reports. Such as the Schwarznegger, etc. type movies. The handgun used and displayed the most in those venues. I look forward to your favorites. I look them all up if I have not owned them or do not know about them. Thanks

Magnum Research BFR in .45-70 would be my idea of biggest and baddest. Don't think I have any reason to justify every owning one but it's definitely a cool thumper.

1z4e83q.jpg

Another vote here for a 45-70 handgun. I dont know that it's the baddest, or the meanest, or whatever...but I do know that it gets real quiet when I drag out my 12" hunter barreled 45-70 Contender and and ask..."Who wants to shoot my pistol?" :D

.600 Nitro Express... doesn't that weigh something like 13lbs? It's so friggin' big the weight tames a lot of the recoil (so says some articles I have read on it). At least the other handgun "big bores" are more manageable in terms of physical size.

Hey ZachS --
Being the original author of this "Biggest, Baddest, Most Fearsome Thread, I HEREBY PROCLAIM YOU THE WINNER!!
Now, put the darn thing away before someone sees it!!
You're trophy is in the mail.

I got the 45/70 bfr 101/2 and the 500 sw mag 83/8 and they both make me wish I was younger and heavier. Hand cast bullets in either are a kick to shoot and I have the cost down to about 30 cents each since they both came with a couple hundred rounds of brass. I took the bfr out today and with light loads of 28 grains of imr 4198 and 405 grains of wheel weighs melted to a round nose no gas check bullet. I hit the 200 yd gong at rattlesnake range on the first shot. I should have quit then but just had to prove it to be a fluke. Lots of fun when it dont hurt the wrist.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top