JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Desert Eagle .44 mag. --Built by Israel Military. Yes, I know there will be a lot of opinions and there should be. I'm just repeating what some articles have said. At 5 lbs. this is not my carry gun by the way, but my favorite to shoot. When firing at a range, after the first shot someone usually yells "who's got the hand cannon?" I have a lot, I mean a lot of firearms. I only occasionally just fire a few. My carry gun is the Ruger Elsie Pea. Photo below (?).

Last Edited:
We all have our favorites. My comments were quotes from TV and Movie reports. Such as the Schwarznegger, etc. type movies. The handgun used and displayed the most in those venues. I look forward to your favorites. I look them all up if I have not owned them or do not know about them. Thanks

Magnum Research BFR in .45-70 would be my idea of biggest and baddest. Don't think I have any reason to justify every owning one but it's definitely a cool thumper.

1z4e83q.jpg

Another vote here for a 45-70 handgun. I dont know that it's the baddest, or the meanest, or whatever...but I do know that it gets real quiet when I drag out my 12" hunter barreled 45-70 Contender and and ask..."Who wants to shoot my pistol?" :D

.600 Nitro Express... doesn't that weigh something like 13lbs? It's so friggin' big the weight tames a lot of the recoil (so says some articles I have read on it). At least the other handgun "big bores" are more manageable in terms of physical size.

Hey ZachS --
Being the original author of this "Biggest, Baddest, Most Fearsome Thread, I HEREBY PROCLAIM YOU THE WINNER!!
Now, put the darn thing away before someone sees it!!
You're trophy is in the mail.

I got the 45/70 bfr 101/2 and the 500 sw mag 83/8 and they both make me wish I was younger and heavier. Hand cast bullets in either are a kick to shoot and I have the cost down to about 30 cents each since they both came with a couple hundred rounds of brass. I took the bfr out today and with light loads of 28 grains of imr 4198 and 405 grains of wheel weighs melted to a round nose no gas check bullet. I hit the 200 yd gong at rattlesnake range on the first shot. I should have quit then but just had to prove it to be a fluke. Lots of fun when it dont hurt the wrist.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top