Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bi-Mart: Received Powder (Corvallis)

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by m'kay13, May 4, 2009.

1. m'kay13

m'kay13 Boardman, OR Member

I stopped by Bi-Mart while running errands today and was pleasantly surprised to find a pound of Universal. Seriously, just one pound was on the shelf. I wish they had more so I could post in the classifieds for $40 a pound.:laugh:

They also had two boxes of Remington 00 buck, which has been pretty scarce lately. I left the buckshot on the shelf because I do not need any.

The only other powder left at 1:00 p.m. was the usually Pyrodex stuff.

2. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

Which one? I stopped by the one on 9th at around 11am, and they had no new powder :(

3. m'kay13

I guess you were too fast. Ninth street was where I picked up my powder.

4. aquariumjunky

aquariumjunky Albany, Oregon Active Member

So who ever bought all the powder between 11am and 1pm please step forward name your price so the rest of us can get some powder?

5. PhysicsGuy

Darn, they must have got it in right after I left. Oh well, at least I didnt miss out on a huge ammo shipment or something :D

6. m'kay13

Yeah, they may have only received 1 pound of powder. Who knows. I don't even really like Universal, but I can not be too picky right now. All of my loads are for Win 231, but I am running low on that. Maybe someone wants to trade Win 231 for Universal?

7. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

I wonder who has the record for most Bimarts visited in a week.

I went to 5 on Thursday last week.
    I normally go daily to the ones on Royal and River Road as I live 300 yards from the Royal one and my kids go to preschool on River Rd.

8. m'kay13

I once went to a Bi-Mart every day for two weeks, and this was before the ammo/hoarding/ammo-entrepreneur crunch. In my defense, 5 of those days were for work.

9. reloadem

reloadem Monroe, OR Member

When I was there on thursday, he had just opened a case of Varget. I asked for 2 cans and only was allowed to buy one. If my son was a month older we could have bought 2 cans.

10. johnboy

johnboy Hillsboro Member

Thats strange, my dog qualified for a pound at our local B mart and he plans to sell his for $35 but I told him "go for $50.....

11. m'kay13

Tell your dog to go to gunbroker. Hey, if he gets busted for shipping without a HAZMAT certification, he's only a dog. What are they going to do, take away his Purina?

12. bradley

bradley salem area Member

I bought two 700x and two trail boss last thurs. and Fri. I bought one of each thurs morning and went back fri evening and the other two were still there so I bought them two. They are not my first choice for powder but beggars cant be choosers!

13. m'kay13

Bradley, 8 pounds of powder and no primers? I heard old powder makes good fertilizer.

Do you shoot a lot of cast bullets? I have not seen too many jacketed bullet loads Trail Boss. Let me know if you have some pet Trail Boss loads in .38/.357.

14. PhysicsGuy

I shoot pretty much only trailboss in .38 and .44 special loads with lead. I've worked up some good even loads.

15. bradley

bradley salem area Member

Mkay, it would be nice if they where 2lb containers but they are not even truly 1lb containers. and I load my 45lc and my 38 and 357 stuff with it

16. m'kay13

Trail Boss is sold in .6 ounce containers, right?
    How many .357 loads do you get out of that?

17. m'kay13