JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after a good long while, now that reloading components are becoming available again. I am thinking about getting into reloading. But before I do I want I would like to see some of the equipment and possibly load up some primed 7.62 brass I have with some TTSX bullets I have. Does anyone in the area reload 308? And just to be clear since I am getting some weird responses. I am not asking to use your equipment just to load my own stuff. I am simply supplying my own stuff so I can learn before I invest..

Last Edited:
So after a good long while, now that reloading components are becoming available again. I am thinking about getting into reloading. But before I do I want I would like to see some of the equipment and possibly load up some primed 7.62 brass I have with some TTSX bullets I have. Does anyone in the area reload 308?
Could you perhaps be more vague?

Thanks

Out of curiosity, why are you wanting to load on someone else's equipment?

Just to see the process while not asking to use others components. I am not about to invest in reloading without seeing what goes into it. What's so wrong with supplying my own components and seeing the process and getting some practice before I invest..

Well yes. That's our Certaindeaf (TM) A very helpful guy. Whether you need helpful information or a good laugh!
Helpful at pissing others off is for sure.. 2A community doesn't need to have people within attacking each other. We get enough of that from the anti 2A community.

Nothing, but it is a bit of an odd request.
Well you know what they say, if you don't like it move on… I don't think it's odd to say I have this stuff will you show me, since I generally don't learn from watching others do it on YouTube. Somehow I learn better with my own two hands. I am not asking just to borrow someone's equipment just to load my stuff, I am supplying my own stuff so I can learn.

Everyone loads for .308. Dies look like threaded steel tubes.
Your questions, I mean statements, don't make sense.
I never mentioned the word dies at all. I am asking to see the process, I clarified this in my post, I was unware that everyone who reloads does so for 308.. It's very simple, I would like to see the process in person, and I am supplying my own components to learn with.

Everyone loads for .308. Dies look like threaded steel tubes.
Your questions, I mean statements, don't make sense.
It made sense to me for the most part. But I'm not sure I'd want someone at my house that takes such quick offence at members joking a little bit.

There are gun clubs and businesses that offer "introduction to reloading" classes, you should start there. If you need help finding one, just ask.
I attended one, but it was all about talking about how it works. There was no practical practice or actual loading going on by those attending. If you know of a place that actually shows you and makes you use your own two hands in the learning process that would be helpful.

Also, if i am reading your post correctly, maybe invest in a good/used single stage press.

You can go slow and go through each stage one at a time to see what the entire process is like. Sizing, seating primers, filling with powder, seating bullet to proper OAL, crimping, etc. Having the basic knowledge is a good foundation to build upon, especially before diving right into a progressive.

Shouldn't be much more than $50-$75. A good investment when getting started. And, if you chose to go to a progressive only you can always sell single stage for what you have into it. Dies are usually all interchangeable with the various manufacturers so you can keep and use them on whatever you decide to go with.

YMMV.

Good luck and have fun! It is almost therapeutic once you get going.

:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR