JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
they got enough to run a FRONT PAGE ad on it !!
.Now if I just had a 9mm !
1637718511912.png

Was out there on the coast two weeks ago and got some 135 grain Hornsby critical duty. They had a good amount of quite a few calibers.

I guess that's the benefit of living out there, not much competition to compete with, in other words less folks driving store to store trying to buy up all the ammo.

well we do have a huge shooting community for our size, the gun club has over 800 members ,luckily most are trap shooters. Next time you come this way let's meet up and go shoot, got a heck of a nice range here

Was out there on the coast two weeks ago and got some 135 grain Hornsby critical duty. They had a good amount of quite a few calibers.

I guess that's the benefit of living out there, not much competition to compete with, in other words less folks driving store to store trying to buy up all the ammo.

Bruce Hornsby (the 80's musician) makes ammo now?

well we do have a huge shooting community for our size, the gun club has over 800 members ,luckily most are trap shooters. Next time you come this way let's meet up and go shoot, got a heck of a nice range here
I'll definitely take you up on this! The end game is to retire in Florence. We love it there. I could spend all day rain or sun sitting on the deck at Suislaw Roasters watching the river.

800 might be pretty big for Florence, Tri County has some 6-7 thousand members!

The shelves were full in McMinnville too, and Newberg when I stopped by yesterday. Lots and lots of 9mm.

I'm starting to get the feeling that people have had their fill, and maybe aren't so panicked about Brandon anymore. Demand is still high, but really seems to be coming down. Maybe sooner or later we'll be seeing primers and powder on the shelves too.

Honest question, I never really thought about brands. In the service (both police and Mil) I just used what I was given. What are some of the more "reliable" brands out there? I do not give a crap about kitschy stuff, just something I can count on if going to a SHTF situation...

Honest question, I never really thought about brands. In the service (both police and Mil) I just used what I was given. What are some of the more "reliable" brands out there? I do not give a crap about kitschy stuff, just something I can count on if going to a SHTF situation...
In my experience there is only one I avoid. Winchester. I burn up a LOT of 9mm and for 98% of it I just look for whats cheap by the case. That Win steel case stuff was nice for a while since I did not need the brass. Then one day I got some REAL bad stuff. Sadly I had been dumping the boxes into containers so had no way to tell what lot #. So just tossed all of it when I got home. I have not run into a problem with the White Box yet but, I have read so many people saying they did that I stopped buying that. Over the years I have never had a problem with any of the other makers and I do buy a LOT of it.

Are these guys legit? (Safe to order from)?
I ordered from them once a few years ago. A 1000 round case of Blazer Brass 9mm for $160 shipped. It showed up in a timely manner. That's the only experience I've had with them. :)

I'll definitely take you up on this! The end game is to retire in Florence. We love it there. I could spend all day rain or sun sitting on the deck at Suislaw Roasters watching the river.

800 might be pretty big for Florence, Tri County has some 6-7 thousand members!
That was our plan too. WAS. At this point the only things for sale are complete handyman specials, spendy condo's and very few $500,000.00+ places. Some gated communities with HOAs and/or55+. They are building some houses but it looks like your last home. Cookie cutter/close together. Lots of lots for sale, so if you could swing that with a manufactured home on it you could get some piece and quiet.

We have a little range session with Mike every year when we're down there in September.

That was our plan too. WAS. At this point the only things for sale are complete handyman specials, spendy condo's and very few $500,000.00+ places. Some gated communities with HOAs and/or55+. They are building some houses but it looks like your last home. Cookie cutter/close together. Lots of lots for sale, so if you could swing that with a manufactured home on it you could get some piece and quiet.

We have a little range session with Mike every year when we're down there in September.
Wife already knows I would live in a shanty if it means we get a view of the Suislaw and or ocean.

Health, of coarse, hopefully holds out long enough.

If all else fails, just visit more.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top