JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's interesting, I use their 45acp, 10mm, 40s&w, 9mm and 380acp as well and haven't had any of those problems. It might be a bad batch you got or the gun you were using just doesn't like their ammo(known to happen). As for QC for them I haven't noticed more than some scratches on the cases sometimes. Still interesting that you've had that trouble with them, how many rounds did you used of their when it happened?
I bought 10 boxes of their .45 ACP 230 gr JHP when Palmetto State Armory had it sale for $9.99 per box of 20. The first box worked fine in my new RIA Rock Ultra FS, haven't done any accuracy testing. It did stay on the 15 and 25 yard steel gongs at my range. Hope the rest works as well.

I've had nothing but problems with their .45acp and 9mm. Failure to fire and failure to feed. 2 total failure to extract. It's a brand I will avoid in the future because I'm convinced if they have that bad of QC such as you've described and I've experienced, a double charge is an eventual certainty
what were you shooting with for the 9mm?

Approximately 250 rounds of 9 and 200 of 45. The 9 went though a G45, poly 80 and Walther PDP. Possibly a CZ 75 but I was frustrated by that point so I can't remember if that particular gun saw any ammo Inc. The 45 went though a G21 and 41 and neither liked it. Just wasn't a good experience. In blunt honesty, I had about 2 failures of some kind per 15ish rounds on average.

As you suggested, could have been a bad batch and I just got unlucky but it was a bad enough experience I'd just rather not repeat it

what were you shooting with for the 9mm?

He contacted Ammo Inc, they of course asked many questions after he volunteered he that was new to the AR platform.
He noted that the ammo was checked by a competent AR enthusiast/builder and was found to be faulty.
He's waiting for a reply.

none of these cartridges would pass a case gauge check
Your pictures show the head end of the cartridge, no pic of the bullet end. Did they bother to trim the cases? Your cartridge headspace gauge would reveal this. This might be a production shortcut temptation. .223 cases can grow long enough to prevent chambering.

The dents in the cases, if they are reloading brass that has been fired previously in a semi auto, this is going to happen.

Not much of a distinction between "reloaded" and "remanufactured" which is what the boxes say on some commercially reloaded ammo offered for sale.

The nickel plated primers, probably CCI.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top