JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Also.........the whole point of my original post is that I agree with the OP and was trying to give him support. Again, just to clarify......(gonna put it in big print so others can READ it).

BUSINESSES/PROPERTY OWNERS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO MAKE RULES PROHIBITING OPEN CARRY. PATRONS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO TAKE THEIR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE IF THEY DON'T AGREE WITH THE RULES. I'M NOT GOING TO NOT PRACTICE MY RIGHT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE TAKEN AS "INCONSIDERATE". SCREW THOSE PEOPLE. I'LL JUST LEAVE.

ALSO....

IT'S A SHAME THAT OUR SOCIETY IS SO PU55IFIED THAT THEY ARE SCARED OF PEOPLE OPEN CARRYING. I ALSO RAISE MY ALERTNESS WHEN I SEE SOMEONE DOING THE SAME, BUT I'M NOT GOING FREAK OUT WHEN I DO. WILL I BE MORE AWARE OF THEM? YES!!! WILL I FREAK OUT ABOUT THE MAN WITH THE BIG BAD GUN? NO!!!

NOW EXCUSE ME......MILESTEG'S MOM KEEPS BLOWING UP MY PHONE, I HAVE TO GET OVER THERE.......

why cause a disturbance with a company that is on your side? I have a chl and if someone came into a retail store open carrying, I'd be a littel nervous and alarmed as well. I evaluate criminals that are both charged and convicted of armed robbery, so my radar goes way up when I see someone opening carrying is store. Bimart gets held up like other retail or discount stores.

Exactly!

Also.........the whole point of my original post is that I agree with the OP and was trying to give him support. Again, just to clarify......(gonna put it in big print so others can READ it).

BUSINESSES/PROPERTY OWNERS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO MAKE RULES PROHIBITING OPEN CARRY. PATRONS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO TAKE THEIR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE IF THEY DON'T AGREE WITH THE RULES. I'M NOT GOING TO NOT PRACTICE MY RIGHT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE TAKEN AS "INCONSIDERATE". SCREW THOSE PEOPLE. I'LL JUST LEAVE.

ALSO....

IT'S A SHAME THAT OUR SOCIETY IS SO PU55IFIED THAT THEY ARE SCARED OF PEOPLE OPEN CARRYING. I ALSO RAISE MY ALERTNESS WHEN I SEE SOMEONE DOING THE SAME, BUT I'M NOT GOING FREAK OUT WHEN I DO. WILL I BE MORE AWARE OF THEM? YES!!! WILL I FREAK OUT ABOUT THE MAN WITH THE BIG BAD GUN? NO!!!

NOW EXCUSE ME......MILESTEG'S MOM KEEPS BLOWING UP MY PHONE, I HAVE TO GET OVER THERE.......

Your first bold part I agree with. You're as much as consumer as others and absolutely have a right to protest by not giving them your business.

For the second piece, there's another side of the coin. I walk into a business with ill-intent and meaning to bring violence to a workplace. I see five people, one of which is carrying openly.

From behind, when they're otherwise distracted. That's the person I kill first.

BUSINESSES/PROPERTY OWNERS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO MAKE RULES PROHIBITING OPEN CARRY. PATRONS HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO TAKE THEIR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE IF THEY DON'T AGREE WITH THE RULES. I'M NOT GOING TO NOT PRACTICE MY RIGHT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE TAKEN AS "INCONSIDERATE". SCREW THOSE PEOPLE. I'LL JUST LEAVE. Throwing a tantrum because someone says you can't OC in their business is juvenile. No need to get all upset and start chest thumping over it on a forum.

ALSO....

IT'S A SHAME THAT OUR SOCIETY IS SO PU55IFIED....I agree too many whiners not enough grown ups. Too much focus on "me" and not on the whole picture

NOW EXCUSE ME......MILESTEG'S MOM KEEPS BLOWING UP MY PHONE, I HAVE TO GET OVER THERE.......Thank you for proving my point so perfectly. No need to comment further on this thread:s0114::s0155:;)

"It is better to stay silent and let people think you are an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

Looks like OP is trying to avoid paying sales tax in his home state. If it bothers you so much that Oregon won't honor your CPL then maybe you should boycott Oregon but staying in Washington?

Hey everyone,

As I mentioned before, I did not mean for this to become an evil forum post, just wanted to advise others just in case you go shopping there and you are an open carrier as myself. I am sorry I didnt get to this thread on time to close it or by that matter, close it from the very beginning.

With that said, I understand that private businesses have rules, that is why when I found out about it I left without questioning.

God Bless America for freedom of speech!

Haha, ohh definitely!!! (just kidding :)).

I just happened to be in the area, so I decided I might as well visit Bi-Mart and Home Depot for some things since im there. Makes no sense to go out of my way heading west to HWY 14 on the WA side, pay taxes, go slower at 55mph, deal with a crappy road and then head East back home (might as well have my car run a marathon)...when i can just take I-84 all the way back.

Regardless, looks like we lost scope of the subject by getting into "tax" saving reasons...got gas?

Haha, ohh definitely!!! (just kidding :)).

I just happened to be in the area, so I decided I might as well visit Bi-Mart and Home Depot for some things since im there. Makes no sense to go out of my way heading west to HWY 14 on the WA side, pay taxes, go slower at 55mph, deal with a crappy road and then head East back home (might as well have my car run a marathon)...when i can just take I-84 all the way back.

Regardless, looks like we lost scope of the subject by getting into "tax" saving reasons...got gas?

Don't sweat it dude. As evidenced by my exchange with Miles, this forum is full of morons. Everyone's an expert and everyone knows what you should be doing and why you did it, better than YOU ever will. You can't argue with idiots.

That's why I'm not responding any further to the jacka$$ery. Someone can't read or absorb, flings a bunch of bs, and then they're all proud of themselves for doing so. You can't fight logic that doesn't exist. My whole point was that as much as a business proprietor has a right to ask that you don't exercise yours, we also have a right not to patronize them. (I never once mentioned or advocated throwing a fit, as evidenced by my statement, "I'll just leave").

That and the natural fear of guns that has permeated our society is sickening. Open carry exercised responsibly can help alleviate that. It's just sad how the public reacts.

And also to flame the "internet gun expert" that tells you that every business in OR and WA will throw you out for OC.

And then there's the guy who says he will kill you first for OC'ing when he walks in to rob a place.......Why even go there?

Does anyone know if this is truly Bi-Mart Policy? Has anyone actually contacted Bi-Mart Corporate to see what their policy is? Perhaps this was just a manager not familiar with policy. Maybe they follow state law like Starbucks, Cabellas, Home Depot and scores of others. Would be worth a quick POLITE inquiry. Might be able to go back to said store and POLITELY ask for the store manager and let them know how much you appreciate corporate being able to solve the dillema.

As a bi mart employee I can verify that bimart does not allow open carry the S.O.P is all firearms entering a bimart must be checked in at the lobby if you bring your rifle to have a scope mounted and bore sighted you bring it in tell the person at the lobby you have a rifle to be bore sighted they will call a clerk to take the rifle and you back to the sporting goods counter, take care of you and walk the firearm and you out the door at no point and time does a customer walk thru the store with the firearm, it stays in the hands of a clerk or manager

As a bi mart employee I can verify that bimart does not allow open carry the S.O.P is all firearms entering a bimart must be checked in at the lobby if you bring your rifle to have a scope mounted and bore sighted you bring it in tell the person at the lobby you have a rifle to be bore sighted they will call a clerk to take the rifle and you back to the sporting goods counter, take care of you and walk the firearm and you out the door at no point and time does a customer walk thru the store with the firearm, it stays in the hands of a clerk or manager

That is the case with all retail outlets that I am aware of. If you bring in for service, repairs or mounting they must be checked in first. This only makes sense for firearms that are going to be handled within the location. I'm refering to an actual corporate policy from corporate on the legal carrying of firearms. Perhaps they don't even have one.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews