JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I won't vote for anyone who is pro choice. Period. But that's just me and where I personally stand.

@Yarome sure..if you interpret "not loyal to either Party" as "sure I'll go along with whatever they want"; then yeah Betsy isn't a great choice.

On the other hand.. it could also mean "if this is not what the Oregonians wants, I'll veto it". (Likely she could veto or simply not sign bills that didn't go on the ballots *coughs SB941 "Emergency clause" coughs* )..

As for Drazan... okay. My big issue.

The last bunch of gun bills in Oregon sessions? She did not vote on them. Neither for nor against; just "present".

Versus Johnson... voted against them.

Versus Kotek..... signed endorsements for them and brought to Brown.
I'm not sure where the info is coming from but Drazen has voted against anti-2A junk, too... like the safe storage law for one.

What bothers me with johnson is her back and forth. She does have a good voting record, when only accountable to her home district in the past, but during this election has backpeddled and said stuff like... she would support a stronger background check system that integrates information from across jurisdictions and incorporates juvenile and school records.

Like Kotek, Johnson also said she supports raising the age to buy some firearms from 18 to 21.

She also said, "These are practical ideas that will improve public safety,". To me... her seemingly buying into the idea that more gun control makes us safer, and that whole language of creating "common sense laws" or "practical ideas" means only one thing. Further infringments regardless of the 2A. She may just be trying to appease some of the moderates to get votes, but that's yet to be seen.

What I haven't seen though is Drazen using the same language or speaking out in support of infringments. I've seen that she "has" spoken out against red flag laws and other recent infringments, but what she will actually do in office is yet to be seen too.

Every aspect of either can be examined under a microscope, and I don't think she's ideal, but looking at the broad picture... it keeps going back to... with whom does our best chances lay, IMHO.

In the end, it's all really a moot point as the only real contest is between kotex and Drazen.

So you think a democratic state is going to vote republican governor into office. I am thinking that Betsy is going to be alot more palatable to the average Oregonia in the populated areas.

So you think a democratic state is going to vote republican governor into office. I am thinking that Betsy is going to be alot more palatable to the average Oregonia in the populated areas.
Actually that's not what I said…. What I did say was that I was rethinking how I would vote…. Based upon Betsy's positions…. An uninformed vote is an ignorant vote.

Time will tell. People are pretty fed up with what's happening to Oregon. I know plenty of democrats who have vocally stated they are voting for Drazan. But we won't know until the ballots are "counted" and confirmed.

So you think a democratic state is going to vote republican governor into office. I am thinking that Betsy is going to be alot more palatable to the average Oregonia in the populat areas.
Actually that's not what I said…. What I did say was that I was rethinking how I would vote…. Based upon Betsy's positions…. An uninformed vote is an ignorant vote.
I
I really wasn't directing this to anyone - it was just a general statement.

With the updated numbers, the Dems actually have less registered voters in October 2022 than in March 2022. During that same time frame, the Republicans and Non-affiliated groups picked up more voters.

I wouldn't bet on Oregon staying "true blue Democrat" in the long run. I can see it becoming more "purple" as the Democrats keep losing voters and more independent voters show up.. but indeed, time will tell, and we just gotta wait for the ballots.

Outside the cities... it's all Drazan and Republican candidate signs everywhere. Really, I haven't seen much signage for Betsy compared to the other two.

With the updated numbers, the Dems actually have less registered voters in October 2022 than in March 2022. During that same time frame, the Republicans and Non-affiliated groups picked up more voters.

I wouldn't bet on Oregon staying "true blue Democrat" in the long run. I can see it becoming more "purple" as the Democrats keep losing voters and more independent voters show up.. but indeed, time will tell, and we just gotta wait for the ballots.

Outside the cities... it's all Drazan and Republican candidate signs everywhere. Really, I haven't seen much signage for Betsy compared to the other two.
In my area of Hillsboro i see more Betsy signs around houses. I've seen one Drazan sign in a yard. I see Tina signs on road ways and around most grocery stores. Seen a few houses with no to 114 signs.

Really I feel no to 114 signs could safely be placed next to all those reptiles and exotic animal shows and political road signs without issue.

Q

Let's see how close these polls are to the reality next month.
No clue. I'm amazed the R hasn't shot herself in the foot with something yet. Also amazed they seem to keep Johnson in the lower brackets while painting kotek in leads by looking at other social media polls and Google.

I expect the smearing from all them to ramp up after their last debate going into the final week of Nov 8th.

Do you have evidence that Drazan is going to stand up against Portland? Because honestly I'm not really seeing anything. Again. She stayed behind to make quorum when the Oregon house passed the most recent bill that included safe storage and some other things as well as raising min ages...
this is what sways me to vote for betsy but, im considering drazen i guess

this is what sways me to vote for betsy but, im considering drazen i guess
That was my thoughts too and she also says she's gone against Tina while in the house for the time she was there, obviously not winning any from what we see today.

Doesn't inspire confidence but alas I know it always boils down to D or R vote as we've seen time after time across the nation.

For me, any politician that has or had a "D" next to their name has a stench that I despise. Gun owner or not.
That part of what gets me too. She's been blue her whole political career and only left as a convenience to run for governor. I can't believe she's not going to be more sympathetic to crat ideals and don't honestly believe she'll be simply walking the middle of the road as she tries to portray. A person doesn't give up their convictions at the flip of a switch.

2A right is critical to me, but so is actually doing something to reduce crime and improve public safety. That's most certainly not what the crats, and those that lean their direction, believe in.

Again though... kinda moot with the way she's polling.

Tonight on channel 6 news Betsy discussed what and how she planned to fix several things. When does Drazen do this or has she?

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top