JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Which model of semi-auto do you think has the best trigger? What revolver do you think has the best trigger? My answers would be...

Semi-auto: Kahr (any model) - IMHO, they easily have the best designed and functioning trigger in the semi-auto handgun world. It is smooth, consistant, and breaks perfectly. Perhaps it is my background as a revolver shooter that makes me feel this way since it is the most similar experience to shooting a high quality DA revolver of all the semi-autos I have experienced.

Revolver: Colt Python - This was a close call because I have shot some amazing performance center S&W's before, but the Python has the smoothest and most reliable trigger pull I have ever felt on a production revolver. It feels like precision clockwork.

Good question.

I think it's highly subjective due to the weight of the pull - assuming we're talking about stock, out of the box triggers.

Also, are we talking about SA/DA and if so, single or double? Same with revolvers - cocked or DA pull?

My favorite revolver I've had was a mid-70's ?? S&W model 66 stainless DA 4" .357 mag. I bought it new. But then, a friend had one "just like it" also bone stock, and his trigger was gritty and didn't break as cleanly. Go figure.

I haven't sorted out autos yet. Does my Remington Nylon 66 22lr carbine count? :D Sweeeeet. Why don't they make all guns like that? ?? :)

Since I carry a PF-9 and lean toward Glocks, I'm not the one to ask.

$.02

For revolvers straight out of the box, not custom shop jobs, I have to agree with PB on the Colt Python.

For semi-auto's they fall into two categories, i.e. DA and SA.

Since I'm not really a DA semi-auto fan, I'll reserve my opinion there.

For SA semi-autos, the best out of the box I've seen, for a combat gun at least, is my DW CBOB. My Gold Cup has a lighter trigger, but I don't consider it appropriate for carry.

Which model of semi-auto do you think has the best trigger? What revolver do you think has the best trigger? My answers would be...

Semi-auto: Kahr (any model) - IMHO, they easily have the best designed and functioning trigger in the semi-auto handgun world. It is smooth, consistant, and breaks perfectly. Perhaps it is my background as a revolver shooter that makes me feel this way since it is the most similar experience to shooting a high quality DA revolver of all the semi-autos I have experienced.

Revolver: Colt Python - This was a close call because I have shot some amazing performance center S&W's before, but the Python has the smoothest and most reliable trigger pull I have ever felt on a production revolver. It feels like precision clockwork.

Kahr and Colt Python.

You named the 2 best.................

I am assuming were talking about newer factory made weapons here. That being said I'd go with a Colt National Match 1911 on the semi and the Python for the DA revolver but The Freedom
Arms Premier Grade for the SA revolver.

what are you guys smoking? the single action trigger of a nice 1911 cannot be beat. If I couldn't have a SA, and it'd have to be a DA, I'd have to pick the glock trigger, due to its speed (trigger reset). Kahr in my mind is somewhere in between the glock and a stock Sig DA/SA (the SRT is nice, still not as repeatable as the glock trigger tho).

As for revolvers, I would have to say the best was a modified s&w 625 I got to shoot a few years back. But I am no expert on revolvers.

what are you guys smoking? the single action trigger of a nice 1911 cannot be beat. -snip-

What are you guys smoking? :D A 1911 holds only 2+1 rounds of ammo while a Glock 21 holds 25+1
rounds. :D

What good does a nice trigger pull do you when you're out of ammo? :D

Also, my 1911's weigh more than my Ford Supercrew F150 4x4. :D

If I can get two other guys to help me carry the 1911, and another guy to carry extra mags and ammo, I'm golden. :D

Let's see...the people running the IPSC/USPSA circuit can have anything they want...and are looking for anything that will give them the edge over the next person...what do they choose?

A gun based on the 1911...either single or double stack. Anything from stock right up to the full scoped open class guns.

Yep, there are some Glocks in there...but the 1911 is still king. And they all have a choice of what they use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top