JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A meating place off corn pass in Hillsboro has amazing meats.

The Fred Meyers off corn pass in Hillsboro sells aged ribeyes that are very good as well.

Best steak in town via a restaurant would be Ringside in downtown Portland.

Best steak I've ever eaten. A place in Texas called T Bone Toms. Their marinated ribeye.

T - Bone Toms Restaurant Menu

I second, err, make that third for the Meating Place off of Cornelius Pass Road and West Union. I had some really good flat iron steaks from them.

Winco has good deals on meat. Last "Prime" grade I got from Costco I might as well have boiled and then microwaved. There's plenty of Choice cuts that will cook up marvelously, even on an electric stove top. Every cut is different, everybody cooks different.
I also like and recommend ketchup with my steak versus the various steak sauces. I never really understood why many of those steak sauces like A1, Worcestershire, etc need to overwhelm the natural flavor of the meat.
YMMV.
So you like Winco meat and Ketchup on it.
Yer messin' with us aren't ya ?

:D

Best T Bone steak I ever had was from an Upper Highland Scottish steer that kept getting loose from the farm next door and into my apple orchard.
One day the neighbor drives up and hands me 4 of the tenderest steaks I've ever had the pleasure of grilling.
He couldn't thank me enough for corralling that stubborn ox.
If I ever move to some acreage, they would be first on my list to raise.

The BEST steak anywhere can be had at Huntington's Steak & Spirits in Klickitat, WA. The BEST. If you haven't been there, don't argue with me.

And the drinks are quite sufficient. Try the Klickitat Qualude. And DO NOT pass on the cheesecake!

Tell Richard I said Howdy.

The Meating Place is a great shop.
Some of the best pepperoni sticks around.
Mayer's in Vancouver is a nice shop.
First Timer's get a full rack of pepperoni sticks for free !
And they are right there with Meating Place in quality.

But Gartner's for the win !
The best in the Greater Portland-Vancouver area.

The Meating Place is a great shop.
Some of the best pepperoni sticks around.
I forgot about their pepperoni sticks. That sounds so good right now.

They also carry fresh milk from the area. The chocolate milk is stuff of dreams.

I forgot about their pepperoni sticks. That sounds so good right now.

They also carry fresh milk from the area. The chocolate milk is stuff of dreams.
A friend of mine knows the owners.
We were coming back from the Kilchis with two identical, chrome bright Chinook.
We needed to know who caught the biggest fish.
We had them weighed at The Meating Place.
Mine was 33-1/4 pounds and Gerry's was 33-1/2 pounds.
Both were epic battles and the whole thing was one for the ages.

oops...back to steak.

I got spoiled. Nothing has measured up to this since. I got two R&R's whilst in Vietnam. For the first one I choose Bangkok. Me and three of my buddies decided to go out for the best dinner we could find. The hotel desk and the cab driver both recommended this place. It was on what was called Embassy Row. And I'm sorry I dont remember the name of the place. Very upscale and very fancy. I ordered a Kobi beef steak. It was served flaming. Nothing ever has compared to that.

796E827B-547A-4728-B034-368EB4A0BED2.jpeg 5C0B896D-397A-49BD-8638-09DB5F4DE2DB.jpeg F4622F88-B117-4F1D-A44A-9D4F5CA658B9.png 5B9EB5B4-7067-4312-9863-5EA8C97CB34E.png E5B048F5-E8CB-4467-BF7C-DEDE74E9473E.png DAE75B9D-B01A-4395-A4CC-2F007B4200C8.png Where to get the best steak? Right here is a good start

TBH I don't like steak. As a kid we grew up poor and my dad had to have his steak and potatoes. So my mom would buy the cheapest POS garbage steak and cook it so far well done the fat would be burnt. We also had a "clean the plate" rule that included the burnt fat and gristle. Let's just say it ruined me for life on steak.

I will say, The Meating Place does have awesome pepperoni sticks as well as jalapeno cheddar summer sausage! As does White's Meats in Gresham!

How do you want it cooked sir?

Knock his horns off, and whip his azzz.

i.e. Rare.

That's my style. And I've quoted that line above many times at restaurants. Gets the laugh.

Where is the best steak -
uncooked to do at home, or

The absolute best I've ever had, and I've lived and traveled around a bit, is, strangely, local production in Wheeler County, Oregon (county seat is Fossil). They were sold in said county and Condon (just north of said in Gilliam County where we lived). They were unbelievably delicious, well-marbled cuts, and I can't say I've ever had any better.

LOCALLY:
If you have $300-$400 to burn on a totally decadent dinner for two... El Goucho in the Benson Hotel, downtown PDX... one of the top three best dinners I ever remember having... and I've had a LOT of dinners over the last half-century!

El Gaucho Portland | the Northwest's Steakhouse Legacy

SEMI-LOCAL:
The restaurant in The Inn at Spanish Head just south of Lincoln City... I had an AWESOME ribeye, lobster, calamari, salad (etc) dinner there (one of top three dinners, ever!)

NOT SO LOCAL:
Hugo's Cellar in Las Vegas was one of (again) the top three best dinners I ever had, and actually inspired me to photograph the exquisite meal we enjoyed there Dec. '16

Table-side made to order salad:
50F2974A-44D0-471C-B010-A093059F17E2.jpeg
09C28C92-2BAF-495A-A3C0-F5CEBAF1E9F8.jpeg

We almost had to be rolled out in wheelbarrows from each of those places!! :D

The absolute best I've ever had, and I've lived and traveled around a bit, is, strangely, local production in Wheeler County, Oregon (county seat is Fossil). They were sold in said county and Condon (just north of said in Gilliam County where we lived). They were unbelievably delicious, well-marbled cuts, and I can't say I've ever had any better.

Seriously, I was told to pack an empty, large cooler into the car, to fill with this beef on our last load moving. The brand was Painted Hills (as @RicInOR mentioned as well). While finding the information, I also found that it is sold in a store "near-by." I finally know what to get hubby for Christmas. :s0023:Sh...don't tell. ;)

Seriously, I was told to pack an empty, large cooler into the car, to fill with this beef on our last load moving. The brand was Painted Hills (as @RicInOR mentioned as well). While finding the information, I also found that it is sold in a store "near-by." I finally know what to get hubby for Christmas. :s0023:Sh...don't tell. ;)

I forgot the name. Excellent steaks. Oh and "glad tidings!" ;)

So you like Winco meat and Ketchup on it.
Yer messin' with us aren't ya ?

:D

Well, I'm not a ketchup guy, but a little horseradish on the side is something I really like.

I don't usually shop at WinCo cuz it's out of the way for me. Last time I bought a couple of nice, thick steaks. Good layer of fat down the back, nice marbling. I grilled them up and they were fantastic.

I'd a never believed it either!

Told my buddy at work and he blew me off. Two weeks later tells me about the great steak he got at WinCo.

Have no clue if you can consistently get em, though.

My SIL is a bit of a snob when it comes to cooking. He says Costco and Cash n Carry are both great place.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top