JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where is the best steak -
uncooked to do at home, or
restaurant

I find for consistency CostCo
I like for flavor Painted Hills Beef (available at local supermarkets)
I have tried a couple of 'butcher' shops, but didn't like the value - taste/tenderness / $$ -

Restaurants
#1 Urban Farmer downtown PDX
#2 Oswego Grill (217 @ I5 Tigard)

A review out has Idaho beef best in USA American Wagyu (Kobe) and Prime Beef | Snake River Farms
which is what got me to asking.

ps
Anyone suggesting Outback consider themselves slapped.

5336943571.jpg

Cache & Carry is my go to for large quantities of meats like pork cushion/shoulder, ribs, etc... for a good steak I will go to a good butcher shop like Gartner's Meat Market. I have tried the butcher shops around the west side (west of the HWY 26 tunnel) and just wasn't happy the results.

As for affordable decent steaks in a restaurant, the most consistent results were from Outback. Weird, I know but they were much more reasonably priced than the top steak houses. When ordered without extra salt, the steaks are pretty good.

Fogo de Chao!!!

Brazilian Grill

Unlimited meat straight off the flame!

Kinda spendy (like I don't go there but have been once for a birthday invite).

Sign up on their website and they will send you gift cards all the time to make it much more reasonable.

Also your birthday month they send you gift cards as well.

I highly recommend it if you want great meat and a ton of it for one price. It's worth going once at the least.

Winco has good deals on meat. Last "Prime" grade I got from Costco I might as well have boiled and then microwaved. There's plenty of Choice cuts that will cook up marvelously, even on an electric stove top. Every cut is different, everybody cooks different.
I also like and recommend ketchup with my steak versus the various steak sauces. I never really understood why many of those steak sauces like A1, Worcestershire, etc need to overwhelm the natural flavor of the meat.
YMMV.

I stopped cooking steak for my best friend in high school cuz he topped it with ketchup....

First time he got a burger instead he got used to no ketchup quick:p
Ketchup is All American. If I could figure out a good reason to I would put it in my Scotch (Whisky/Whiskey...don't get me started on that snobbery too.)

Ketchup is All American. If I could figure out a good reason to I would put it in my Scotch (Whisky/Whiskey...don't get me started on that snobbery too.)

No it's not all American... bleh.

Americans are purists and like their cows fed on good all American alfalfa, a little exercise and good marbling. Cooked properly nothing ever.... ever needs that nasty red crap.

A meating place off corn pass in Hillsboro has amazing meats.

The Fred Meyers off corn pass in Hillsboro sells aged ribeyes that are very good as well.

Best steak in town via a restaurant would be Ringside in downtown Portland.

Best steak I've ever eaten. A place in Texas called T Bone Toms. Their marinated ribeye.

T - Bone Toms Restaurant Menu

Last Edited:
The last steak I had was from Ramblin' Jacks Ribeye in Napavine, WA... 1-5 exit 72 i believe. It was thier Smoked Ribeye topped with a pecan butter and it was like eating a delicious steak and pecan pie at the same time... sinfully delicious. They are kinda hit and miss though... I've eaten there a few times and can go from excellent (like last week) to underwhelming. Prices are very good though.
I have to boast that nobody grills up a steak better than me. but that's just my humble opinion:D

My favorite (and I like a lot of stuff so that says something) is a rare ribeye roast cut thick, a little seasoning on the top and bottom and then seared on a very hot grill/pan for just a min to get some coloring and crunch.

Comes out med-rare and flavored on just about every side. Au jus optional but never any horseradish - yuck lol.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top