JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Had my old friend finally give out and so now I need a new travel mug.

Lid must lock or screw on. I tend to tip things over.

24+ OZ preferably. I don't want a pint glass =).

Less complicated is more better. I would rather not have to disassemble a 12 piece lid just to clean it.

Plastic or steel of some kind, not glass as I need it durable.

Lastly, I would rather something that can be left open so the contents will cool as I am not the 200 degree liquid drinker I know that some are so no push button auto close gadgets please.

It's been so long since I've looked for a mug and it appears from what I've found online things have changed a bit.

Oh, and no electronic trickery - I don't need a $100 solar powered mug that keeps you beverage at +/- 0.01 degrees of the set point.

Thanks!

I like my Hydoflask
It has a simple flip open sealed lid that won't leak and keeps its contents at the temp you fill it at for hours. Stainless

Can cost around $25 bucks but I buy mine at Goodwill or other thrift stores for around $2-3.00

1676518846536.png

Take a look at Hydro Flask. I've had one for a few years with a screw lid and simple flip cap for the sip hole.
That's pretty much what I had but not that brand so I'll look there, Thanks!

My wife's last mug purchase has a nice enough sliding latch but the cap is basically held in place with a gasket and I want something I can put in a backpack and be reasonably sure that as long as I don't toss the pack down the stairs that it won't dump the contents all over everything inside the pack.

Hydro flask
Yeti
Rtic
Pelican

I gave for Christmas a couple of really nice screw on lid Travel mug Tumblr cups from Kuiu I got for a smoking deal out of their outlet bin. They seemed pretty nice but again they were gifts so I didn't actually use them.

Well I feel a little dumb….

I've had Covid so the brains not firing on all cylinders I guess lol.

Your links gave me the 'oh yea duh' feeling when I remembered that I have a Thermaflask that I've used quite a lot in summer months to take cold green tea with me pretty much everywhere.

The wife got a 2 pack at Costco a couple years ago (1 white and 1 green) and only wanted the white one so with green being my color I'd been using it for cold drinks.

Only tonight did it occur to me that it was for hot as well. Double checked and it is indeed.

Screw top lid. Threaded cap for drinking. 40oz I believe. Meets all the criteria, except it doesn't fit in cup holders but I'll get over it lol.

AND it not going to cost me anything so there is that lol.

I'm still interested in ideas as at some point I will likely want one that fits in a cup holder.

ThermoFlask Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle, 40 Ounce, 2-Pack, Arctic/Grasshopper https://a.co/d/9w4R5nG

699000C2-05A0-43AD-AD22-2B5277388082.png

Hydroflask with its screw down lid is a great road cup. But the normal coffee one is only 20 oz...this one...

But you could probably buy their 24 oz bottle...this one...

And then just buy a separate coffee lid for it. I think it's the same size but check to make sure.

Rtic cups are decent too and they have a 30 oz cup that is tapered to fit in cup holders. But note that their lids are friction lids and they may come off if you really knock it over.

Yeti is anti-gun, if that helps your decision.
Yea, when my unfortunately liberal friend that wears a poofy sectioned vest pulled out his Yeti mug to mix his vodka and fizzy ginger water in I decided Yeti had marketed the wrong way for me to ever be interested in their merchandise.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top