JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's mighty purty.

Thanks! Mine is a little different. I had to go take a pic. Pardon my photography skills and retro carpeting. Anyway, I removed the rail, added Tech Sights, replaced the black thread protector with a stainless one, and added a sling. Also a quick call to Ruger and they sent me, for free (because they are awesome), the low comb stock piece. Works with everything from a single shot adapter to a 110 round drum. 110 rounds is a while with a bolt action.

RAR_Side_1_2021-03-18.jpg

Edit: I also have a BX-1 magazine that was modified to shoot 22 shorts. Works a hoot.

I just thought that LRR version was damn good looking, but it's really hard to find and so far seems strictly 22lr, no 17 or wm versions yet. The RPR version would be fine, but I just really like the pretty ones. That got me married too. Never learn!

Thanks, guys, lots of good info, the gist of which seems to be I'd be better off sticking with my first choice, the CZ 457 Varmint, or looking at the Tikka T1x. Gotta admit, the stock on the CZ is one of the its selling points for me, that's a nice looking piece of wood. The Tikka, ONTH, is kind of ugly, and with a short LOP by all accounts, not good for a guy with long arms. Problem is, based on Google, the Tikka's tend to outshoot the CZ's, and are less finicky about ammo. Oh well, as no one has anything in stock anyway, it'll be awhile before I have to make a firm decision. Anyway, thanks again for all the responses, they're very much appreciated. Later.

Dave

Get the CZ. I own or have owned a lot of .22's and my 453 is every bit the rifle my Sako Quad was. I sold the Quad in a moment of temporary insanity.

In that price range the Tikka T1x or CZ457 are the best choices as has already been stated. Own both options and out of the box the Tikka T1x was the better shooter for me. Very likely because of the better factory trigger. I do however prefer my CZ's because of the nice walnut stocks. There is just something about blued steel and walnut that is just right. I also have a couple of the CZ's in synthetic stocks. Really you can't go wrong with either.

I have a Ruger Precision Rimfire and it shoots great, would put it up against any of the rifles listed. Only problem is that the barrel rusted after a very short time towards the muzzle. I do know how to properly store my firearms and was shocked/disappointed that after only two months to see the rust.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top