JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, I see that my work here is done!
Have you ever noticed that some NWFA participants just don't fit the thesaurus?

image.png

It surprises me as well, how some ideas just don't get mainstream traction. Ive been doing this many years. The 100-pack I finally used up last year had a 59-cent price tag, to give you an idea of how long ago I started. You do remember price tags right?

Another reason (besides longevity and ease of insertion) to use these over spent casings is that they in no way look like ammo. This eliminates any chance of mistaken identity between the snap cap and a loaded round.

It surprises me as well, how some ideas just don't get mainstream traction. Ive been doing this many years. The 100-pack I finally used up last year had a 59-cent price tag, to give you an idea of how long ago I started. You do remember price tags right?

Another reason (besides longevity and ease of insertion) to use these over spent casings is that they in no way look like ammo. This eliminates any chance of mistaken identity between the snap cap and a loaded round.
And when the double extractors and rocket power of the ejector on a Rem 512 sends that little guy into outer space, the bright color shows up brilliantly on the carpet where it made re-entry and splashdown.

Thanks for posting this tip. Never heard this before and was currently looking to get some snap caps to be able to dry fire the mk4.

Looks like a trip to the hardware store today.

I just got a pack of the 'Confast' brand from Amazon and they seem to work well with my S&W Victory.

The rim is a bit on the thin side, which did lead to one of them having the entire rim ripped off by the extractor. That resulted in the anchor being lodged in the barrel. Easy enough to fix with just poking a cleaning rod through the barrel, of course.

With that being said, I have 7 or 8 of them that have already survived being dry fired at least 3 times and are still holding up fine.

For the price, I have no complaints.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads