JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Pro Tip, Run the "Standard" De-cocker in the OFF position, hammer down on a live chamber in double action mode! Never carry cocked and locked with your safety on unless your being checked, it's How Beretta was designed to be carried! The "G" conversion simply made it easier to transition from other sidearms into the 92! I Prefer my FS for daily carry because I don't use/rely on a safety, I carry in double action only!

It's also why I no longer carry the 92 and returned to the gun that started it all, the trusty single action only M-1911!
I'd do that but with my luck the safety would somehow be in the On position at the worst moment. I actually had that happen while shooting a stage with the FS after a pistol match. A match I shot just fine with a CZ 75, I might add. :)

Now all of my decocker guns work like decocker guns and all of my safety guns work like safety guns. Call me a trans-trigger-phobe but it's how it's going to be. :D

I'd do that but with my luck the safety would somehow be in the On position at the worst moment. I actually had that happen while shooting a stage with the FS after a pistol match. A match I shot just fine with a CZ 75, I might add. :)

Now all of my decocker guns work like decocker guns and all of my safety guns work like safety guns. Call me a trans-trigger-phobe but it's how it's going to be. :D
I actually understand the logic. Not wanting to get into a back and forth debate. It's an interesting concept. Other than a 1911, I don't think I have ever carried with the safety on. I enjoy the 92. For me she's too heavy to wander around with. Honestly if it's for competition… wouldn't you be practicing a LOT with the pistol? If it's the end of days scenario stuff… wouldn't you pick a different pistol?

For me I will think of it or state my choice or logic. If it's because I want a hammer fired pistol and the weirdness of the 92 bothered me I would just buy a Sig. No safety and hammer fired.

If it's because it's seen combat, so has the P226, Glock 19, 1911 & even Jericho. (Obviously Glock isn't hammer fired but this response/thought is about combat).

Is it about number of rounds… all of them have decent round count. I'm not going to get in the single stack 45 vs double stack 9mm debate. Obviously certain manufacturers made double stack 45 pistols if that's a reason to discuss rounds before reloading.

If it's my go to pistol then I would probably just train with it. My only complaint originally was the low almost nonexistent sights. Hence why mine has a dot now.

I prefer Glock for the reason of what you said about drawing it and the safety/decocker debacle. If I wanted a hammer and no safety craziness. Simple answer Sig P229, P2022, H&K P30, and some CZ etc. I bought mine because price was great from someone here and I replaced the grips and put on the dot. I probably will leave the decocker but who knows in the next couple years! I never thought I would own a revolver but now I have 4. Never thought I have a bolt but now there's 5. Never lever, $2k plus firearms or a Colt AR… yet I have all that and then some.

My 92… ugly? Maybe. I'm crazy? Probably. Abomination? If you must. However I like it and it suits me. Which is why I appreciate your help in me understanding something that I didn't know existed! 50D64B41-6742-4D07-9D14-4BD173AE64EE.jpeg 5076FE0E-3E3A-4AF4-9655-12DC2C22D9F6.jpeg

I actually understand the logic. Not wanting to get into a back and forth debate. It's an interesting concept. Other than a 1911, I don't think I have ever carried with the safety on. I enjoy the 92. For me she's too heavy to wander around with. Honestly if it's for competition… wouldn't you be practicing a LOT with the pistol? If it's the end of days scenario stuff… wouldn't you pick a different pistol?

For me I will think of it or state my choice or logic. If it's because I want a hammer fired pistol and the weirdness of the 92 bothered me I would just buy a Sig. No safety and hammer fired.

If it's because it's seen combat, so has the P226, Glock 19, 1911 & even Jericho. (Obviously Glock isn't hammer fired but this response/thought is about combat).

Is it about number of rounds… all of them have decent round count. I'm not going to get in the single stack 45 vs double stack 9mm debate. Obviously certain manufacturers made double stack 45 pistols if that's a reason to discuss rounds before reloading.

If it's my go to pistol then I would probably just train with it. My only complaint originally was the low almost nonexistent sights. Hence why mine has a dot now.

I prefer Glock for the reason of what you said about drawing it and the safety/decocker debacle. If I wanted a hammer and no safety craziness. Simple answer Sig P229, P2022, H&K P30, and some CZ etc. I bought mine because price was great from someone here and I replaced the grips and put on the dot. I probably will leave the decocker but who knows in the next couple years! I never thought I would own a revolver but now I have 4. Never thought I have a bolt but now there's 5. Never lever, $2k plus firearms or a Colt AR… yet I have all that and then some.

My 92… ugly? Maybe. I'm crazy? Probably. Abomination? If you must. However I like it and it suits me. Which is why I appreciate your help in me understanding something that I didn't know existed!View attachment 1280396View attachment 1280397
We agree more than you may think. I didn't buy it for carry. I bought it because it was pretty much an M9 and I figured it would be fun to shoot, and it definitely is. None of my carry guns have safeties. Those are for range shooting now, or teaching.

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing, just carry it off. But again what do I know. I also second the p30 that's a great little pistol. And I actually do like the safety's on both Its just a option the way I see it. I don't like how the safety is so high on the Beretta though. And honestly maybe I'm just asking too much of mine, but glocks and HK's are noticeably more accurate. But again. For what I paid I'm not complaining, I like it, its a classic and will never regret getting it. Especially after the Wilson upgrades.
It is pretty incredibly heavy though compared to the plastic fantastics. And its about the only platform I've seen where I'm not thrilled with the Hogue grips. They are very comfy, I even like the finger grooves actually but they are just too fat for my liking. They are in the .45 double stack fatness range. I need to get some nice grip panels like @AK0perator47 up there. Those are nice and sexy.

Edit: Also I'd have to check but I think the p30's safety also disengages off by pushing it up out of the way of your grip. I think that makes sense and they way it should be.
Its like if you grip it and feel the safety in your grip its a clear tactile indicator its on. Obviously though with the 92 that won't happen. Ever..

Man I need to go shoot that 92 its been a few years!

Last Edited:
Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing, just carry it off. But again what do I know. I also second the p30 that's a great little pistol. And I actually do like the safety's on both Its just a option the way I see it. I don't like how the safety is so high on the Beretta though. And honestly maybe I'm just asking too much of mine, but glocks and HK's are noticeably more accurate. But again. For what I paid I'm not complaining, I like it, its a classic and will never regret getting it. Especially after the Wilson upgrades.
It is pretty incredibly heavy though compared to the plastic fantastics. And its about the only platform I've seen where I'm not thrilled with the Hogue grips. They are very comfy, I even like the finger grooves actually but they are just too fat for my liking. They are in the .45 double stack fatness range. I need to get some nice grip panels like @AK0perator47 up there. Those are nice and sexy.
The grip is the only other mod I've done to mine. Unless you have Paul Bunyan hands, those grips are way too big.

The grip is the only other mod I've done to mine. Unless you have Paul Bunyan hands, those grips are way too big.
Story time! Yeah my ex couldn't even shoot it. I had it for a while with no grips and she liked that. Just bare metal. I got mine so cheap because it came with the Hogue grips and the factory grips and alarms went off. I bought it from my co worker at Boeing and he was an alright guy, but I didn't really trust him and mechanical finesse. So I told him I'll take it, but I want $20 off just to make sure the screw threads aren't pooched in the frame... And of course one was! Maybe I karma'd it into being IDK but I was very lucky it was the only one that was accessible from both sides. Ordered a new steel threaded insert and installed it good as new. He never got the contingent $20. Was kinda a new fun way to dip my toes into gun smithing.
I hated the plastic trigger on it, that had to go later. I did the Wilson trigger with a Wolff D spring mod custom fitted. (I think I like the OEM coil spring roughly 2% better though (barely enough to notice)
I'm am very glad I have a all metal frame though. I bought it back when I was young and dumb and hated polymer frames lol *embarrassed* to admit that, But older and wiser and don't really care anymore I'm passed it. :)

My 92… ugly? Maybe. I'm crazy? Probably. Abomination? If you must. However I like it and it suits me. Which is why I appreciate your help in me understanding something that I didn't know existed!View attachment 1280396View attachment 1280397
Dig those grips, man.

80s Got to go with some pre registry closure goodness.
Pistol MAC 10 in the briefcase(giggle switch enabled) (I know it is more of a 70s gun, but as a kid in the 80s I wanted one so bad)
Rifle Select fire mp5.

90s
Rifle for me, Russian SKS. I know it is dumb, but they are sentimental to me.
Pistol, Beretta 92

I didn't feel like searching for a preban 89 AK but figured the one was representing the feelings lol
Dad was an FFL back in the day, I remember stacks of them on our living room floor, not to mention the HK 91s and 93s and other assorted goodies going in and out. I wasn't interested in that type of gun back then. It wasn't until the anti-gun twats started playing games and banning stuff when I decided to buy those type of firearms. They are 100% to blame, so they can all ESAD.

Me? Early 1980's- Ruger mini-14 (at one point I owned FIVE of them) and a Colt Python.
Late 1980's, AK preferred, or AR- and Combat Commander. Add a Springer M1A to that mix.
1990's, Same, with added Browning HP..
Constantly evolving as firearm technology evolves in the civilian sector. In recent years, I glocked, mainly for the 14 round cap of the G21.....

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews