JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have an adjustable metric wrench the works for everything/ Some refer to it as a Crescent Wrench as that company had a lot to do with it's popularity. It is not a Crescent Wrench, they are SAE, mine is Metric

It can be cumbersome though.

Seriously while I agree that a larger .380 would be appropriate for many of the jobs, it would be a second third or even fifth handgun round for the supply system.
It has been my experience that adjustable wrenches fit all things so-so judging by your varied calibers you like choices....ALOT :)

It's natural to want to take military experience and transfer those experiences to the civilian world but folks often forget one very huge difference between a military 9mm pistol and a civilian 9mm pistol and that difference is the full metal jacket round that the military is limited to.

The expanding hollow point round that the civilian users of the 9mm hand gun are using cause much more tissue destruction than the full metal jacket round the military is restricted to. If the military was allowed to use hollow points, I think there would be a different opinion of the caliber. Since the armed forces are limited to full metal jacket, I think they would be better off choosing a larger diameter round like the 45.

It will be interesting to see what the armed forces select in the future given their restriction to full metal jacket rounds.

I thought I just said that. ;)

I'd be willing to bet that not one of us could tell the difference between the well placed .45 or the 9mm if it hit ya square, oh and for the record I ain't willing to take a hit with even a BB gun if I can help it.

Either the 9 or the .45 is an excellent choice as a personal defense round with the wide choice available of bullet selection, both have their advantages.

When punching paper, well placed square hits are a relatively simple thing. Given the stress of combat, adrenaline, and a moving target, well placed square hits are much more difficult. Also given insurgents that are so high they barely remember which end of their AK the bullets come out of, is it any wonder that guys want something larger and literally twice as heavy to put downrange on the enemy? Also, the Army is looking for pistols that are completely modular, to include caliber. The Army has a lot of different missions, so being able to take one basic platform and make a full size 45 turn into a sub compact 9mm would be extremely useful. No one I know who has been in a gun fight (and there are several), has come out saying, "next time I'll only need a 380auto. That 9mm is just too much" [emoji12]

As posted by mjbskwim earlier, take a look at "brass Fetcher's" site. There are some real eye openers. He breaks it down to just the real life slow motion facts.

As far as platforms go, how many here called the AR and M16 junk, unreliable and prone to failure or called the .556 inferior?

As far as the contract goes my money is on Glock. And I bet my life on it as well. I however don't like what I'm hearing about .40 causing excessive wear. sounds like gun manufacturers are going to have to step up their game.

That pistol makes no sense whatsoever. There is practically ZERO innovation in it.

At this point, my bet is on the Smith & Wesson/General Dynamics entry. I would be surprised if they don't come up with a handgun that breaks new ground in features and performance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top