JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I've got a bunch of 308 Winchester/7.62 NATO brass of just about every different flavor that I and various friends have shot though all different rifles over the years. There is some of it with bent case rims as seen in the pic below (not my pic, but exactly like my brass). Is it safe or advisable to reload this brass or should it be culled from the collection?

bent.jpg

I didn't realize the M1A had this as a trait. So how many firings do you get before this happens with an M1a? A friend has one and we're going to work up rounds for it... I may use 'cheaper' brass if this is a common fate.

I didn't realize the M1A had this as a trait. So how many firings do you get before this happens with an M1a?
The brass I have with the bent rims like that in the pic have never been reloaded and were only fired the one time. The M14 and FAL being battlerifles aren't "supposed" to be concerned with saving brass to reload; the guns being designed to clear the empty case from the gun, the brass kinda takes a beating. Offhand I'd say about 25% of the brass I have has bent rims like that and almost all of it went through M14s or FALs (very little bolt-rifle shooting and no MGs like M60 or 240).

What would you be shooting it thru ?? I might try it in one of not so accurate gas guns . I have a pile of Lake city that had been run thru an M-60 and it wasn't good "target" brass but it was okay for the blasters .

What would you be shooting it thru ?? I might try it in one of not so accurate gas guns . I have a pile of Lake city that had been run thru an M-60 and it wasn't good "target" brass but it was okay for the blasters .
Almost all of my brass is through gas guns like the M14s and FALs, none through machine guns and maybe a few hundred through bolt guns. The piles of M14s and FALs are gone now (anyone remember when StG kits were $139, receivers $100 or so and 7.62 ball about $0.11/rd). I've "culled" all the "good" brass out and set it aside for prepping for some better handloads, so this stuff would be for "blasting" (does anyone do that anymore with 308s?

Almost all of my brass is through gas guns like the M14s and FALs, none through machine guns and maybe a few hundred through bolt guns. The piles of M14s and FALs are gone now (anyone remember when StG kits were $139, receivers $100 or so and 7.62 ball about $0.11/rd). I've "culled" all the "good" brass out and set it aside for prepping for some better handloads, so this stuff would be for "blasting" (does anyone do that anymore with 308s?

I do ! And when I'm doing it I use my lame brass ammo so that if I can't find my brass I'm not too butt hurt about it .

So, I've got a bunch of 308 Winchester/7.62 NATO brass of just about every different flavor that I and various friends have shot though all different rifles over the years. There is some of it with bent case rims as seen in the pic below (not my pic, but exactly like my brass). Is it safe or advisable to reload this brass or should it be culled from the collection?

bent.jpg

Looks like the stuff at the bottom of my fire pit to keep the temps up

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews