JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm addicted to cold steel's Taiwan made fixed blades. Sooo much knife for the money.
I have a Cold Steel SRK in CPM 3V steel. Awesome blade.

I also like my Off-Grid Alpha Dog (another solid Taiwan blade) but it's for a very different use than the SRK.

It's a shame Benchmade is so Dem friendly. They do make great quality knives though.

I'm looking for American made.
Spyderco has quite a few usa models. If you go to their website you can choose type (fe folder) and then select country of origin and it will show all the models from that country. Also on the product page it says country on the bottom under "technical specs" tab. Just bought a spyderco delica and it's a very well built knife. Shaving sharp out of the box and high end steel.

Spot to select country:
E6BF68EE-9727-4280-862E-47BB982E2595.png
Example page for a para 3 lightweight product page which shows country at bottom:
9DEB9867-2A62-4E99-AC5D-1CB647EFBDB9.png
Here is what made in usa model blade markings look like FYI:
0BEC27C2-0128-4E7E-B635-B47A883984CC.jpeg
P.S. ignore the in stock/out of stock and msrp info. Tons of good online dealers out there I just findished hunting them all down before buying my knife. Also @ORhutner knows about the various blade metals used. I just researched the pi$$ out of blade metals also but won't clutter this thread with that (unless you want to see that info). They have all the way from very high end supersteels to good quality but more affordable.

Last Edited:
A lot of knives are from the CCP slave shops and American companies sell them.

Blade HQ tells you where the knives are made if you want to look.

Ya you save a buck by buying CCP knives but you supply them with money to rule the world.

It's why Americans are screwed today, they cheaped out and wouldn't support American products.

Karma?o_O

I'm a bit dense, I guess. Reading that breakdown of 2020 recipients and donors, I don't see the company (organization) donating any money to the Democrat Party or to Democrat candidates. The only donations I see are from individuals; maybe employees of the company?

Am I looking at it wrong?
I don't know but in the interview with Lars Larsen linked ina post above benchmade did say their company gives directly to democrats.

Maybe it's a poor analogy but it reminds me of black rifle coffee. Whatever makes them money is the way they go. Black rifle coffee said they are 2A supporters when it was a means to grow sales, then political winds change and they support basically the opposite to grow sales. Part of me says that may be part of the reality of doing business but another part of me says if you don't have principles what the hell good are you?

I'm a bit dense, I guess. Reading that breakdown of 2020 recipients and donors, I don't see the company (organization) donating any money to the Democrat Party or to Democrat candidates. The only donations I see are from individuals; maybe employees of the company?

Am I looking at it wrong?
The search filter was for Benchmade Knife Company, so whether they are owners or employees they apparently made the donation in behalf of the company. In any event, here is the link to the tracking website (opensecrets.org) so you can see where it was derived and do your own searches to get more specifics: https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/benchmade-knife-co/recipients?id=D000047693&t2-View=Democrat

Part of me says that may be part of the reality of doing business but another part of me says if you don't have principles what the hell good are you?
That, my friend, says it all in a nutshell. Very rarely in life can we enjoy the luxury of being an absolutist, but by the same token it seems incumbent upon all of us to express our values and principles to the extent we can with the three primary tools at our disposal: our ability to communicate, our ability to vote, and our ability to purchase.

The search filter was for Benchmade Knife Company, so whether they are owners or employees they apparently made the donation in behalf of the company. In any event, here is the link to the tracking website (opensecrets.org) so you can see where it was derived and do your own searches to get more specifics: https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/benchmade-knife-co/recipients?id=D000047693&t2-View=Democrat
By the way and as an aside, if you go to that website (opensecrets.org) and want to really see some eye-openers, look up other corporations to see who they are supporting with cash. For example, Walt Disney Company gave over $1.2 million to Joe Biden's campaign in 2020. Makes me kinda glad to see DeSantis giving them their comeuppance...

By the way and as an aside, if you go to that website (opensecrets.org) and want to really see some eye-openers, look up other corporations to see who they are supporting with cash. For example, Walt Disney Company gave over $1.2 million to Joe Biden's campaign in 2020. Makes me kinda glad to see DeSantis giving them their comeuppance...
Disney has had a bad year:D First the CCP cut way back on their support of Disney then Florida kicks them in the butt.

Karma?

OK, makes sense. I remember every donation form having a line about identifying your employer if you donate more than X dollars. The stats in that chart can only derive from that donor-provided information. Blame my cynical mind, but those stats are probably a huge understatement since they they do not include small donations from individuals, and only include large donations from OCD individuals who couldn't resist identifying their employer on that donation form.

I like Benchmade knives too. Axis lock is my preferred lock. I have 5 or 6 Benchmade knives and love them all, enjoy the lifetime Sharpening service etc.

But I have soured on the brand a lot since the gun destruction saga, was very put off by the CEOs non-apology.

That said, they have a business to run and sometimes that requires people to hold their nose when they do some things. Some things are forgivable. I.e. if donations are made for business reasons..

However if a company is donating to radical leftists because the owners are ideologues, they won't see another dime from me.

I can forgive donations to Joe Biden before he took office. Couldn't forgive donations after he took office.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top