JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
These kinds of threads always make me laugh. Where do you hold your money? Is your bank or credit card company "pro gun"? Better shut off your computer right now if it runs on Microsoft or MacOS. Don't even get on this website because Al Gore invented the internet, remember?

These kinds of threads always make me laugh. Where do you hold your money? Is your bank or credit card company "pro gun"? Better shut off your computer right now if it runs on Microsoft or MacOS. Don't even get on this website because Al Gore invented the internet, remember?
It's not about requiring a company to be pro gun, but all things being equal sending my money to companies that are pro gun and not sending money to companies that anti gun. I have a choice and so I use it.

Companies like Benchmade are not only in the sporting goods business, they are in the arms business as well. Yeppers, knives are arms and very much among those other arms protected by the Second Amendment.

So when a company in the arms business assists in undermining a different sort of arms, in this case firearms, it's not only like finding a turd in the punch bowl it's like finding it when you went to get a second cup. No mistaking just what that bad taste in your mouth is at that point.

Last Edited:
It's not about requiring a company to be pro gun, but all things being equal sending my money to companies that are pro gun and not sending money to companies that anti gun. I have a choice and so I use it.

Companies like Benchmade are not only in the sporting goods business, they are in the arms business as well. Yeppers, knives are arms and very much among those other arms protected by the Second Amendment.

So when a company in the arms business assists in undermining a different sort of arms, in this case firearms, it's not only like finding a turd in the punch bowl it's like finding it when you went to get a second cup. No mistaking just what than bad taste in your mouth at that point.
Exactly this, F' them, they are dead to me.

And even with gun companies. Anyone remember that Bill Ruger lobbied for mag capacity limits? Apparently SAAMI had the same position at one point. Anyone wishing to dump their 10/22's, Mk II, III or IV's or Mini-14's in protest for pennies on the dollar please let me know. :rolleyes:

And even with gun companies. Anyone remember that Bill Ruger lobbied for mag capacity limits? Apparently SAAMI had the same position at one point. Anyone wishing to dump their 10/22's, Mk II, III or IV's or Mini-14's in protest for pennies on the dollar please let me know. :rolleyes:
Well, ol Bill's kinda dead so...

But I'll throw you a free mk1 bull barrel upper if you're ever up my way. Not in protest of anything.

Ruger lost a lot of business from me over that, it has only been in the last 2 or 3 years since I started purchasing Ruger products again. Bill Sr. flapped his gums back in 1989, that's 30 years worth of guns I would otherwise have purchased. Still don't buy many and know others that still won't, being a dumbass that's alienates your customer base has its consequences.

Exactly this, F' them, they are dead to me.
Right on.
73190326-A466-4581-9CD6-692ECC4411B6.jpeg

Seems like some people think this was a one-time gun destruction by benchmade. It seems clear to me that it was an ongoing program until the OCP posted their Facebook message. Then they got customer backlash and stopped.

This is from the Lars Larson interview with benchmade's marketing director. If you have ever worked with marketing people you will know they put the maximum spin on everything to minimize anything that might look bad for the product. Even with that marketing "spin", it sounds to me like this was more than a one time occurrence.

"...at some point in the past, they approached us our team here and asked if they could have our assistance in cutting up these guns because they didn't have the equipment that they needed on site to be able to get these firearms to a point where they could then effectively dispose of them however they do, and we obliged that request. It is a my understanding of it is a very small amount of guns on a very infrequent basis..."

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top