Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Belly Band holsters...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Mac_Fan, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

Who owns one? Is it a decent carry option? Looks like a good idea if you're wearing shorts or "gym wear". Looking for some input from those of you wear one or have tried one.

2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I used one years back when I carried a 5-shot .38. It works very well if you have a chest bigger than your stomach. Even a loose T-shirt will hang off your chest and give a couple of inches of free space below it to conceal the weapon.

Keith

3. The Quiet Man

The Quiet Man rural Washington County, Oregon Active Member

I have a couple of them, and wear one infrequently in hot weather when I must dress up more than I generally like but don't have to wear a sport coat or suit. I can easily carry a Colt Govt Model 380 and an extra magazine under my shirt without any printing issue as long as the shirt has a little spare room in it. I find them okay if you aren't doing anything strenuous (constricting and hot). I'm not a "hugger", but that would also present something of an issue for those of you that are.