JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recently acquired a nice Remington 511 from one of our fine NWFA members. Joe at MTS Enterprises is installing bases, rings and a scope on it for me. I also asked him to install sling swivels, but later realized that the forearm is too short and a conventional forearm swivel mount would interfere with a proper hold. Looking for a barrel band mount, but the ones I've found online are either too big or too small. The 511 has a barrel diameter of .600 inches. I'll try to contact a couple manufacturers on Monday, but wondered if anyone here has some experience or input.
Thanx

Recently acquired a nice Remington 511 from one of our fine NWFA members. Joe at MTS Enterprises is installing bases, rings and a scope on it for me. I also asked him to install sling swivels, but later realized that the forearm is too short and a conventional forearm swivel mount would interfere with a proper hold. Looking for a barrel band mount, but the ones I've found online are either too big or too small. The 511 has a barrel diameter of .600 inches. I'll try to contact a couple manufacturers on Monday, but wondered if anyone here has some experience or input.
Thanx
It's just a bent strap with a hole drilled through both ends for the sling swivel stud. giggity

I have a couple of those barrel clamps. I'm not very good at reading calipers, so take a look and see if the smaller one might work.

IMG_2970.JPG IMG_2971.JPG

Thank you jbett! It looks like that would be about .100+" too tight. I think I've seen those same ones online and just don't know if there's enough "play" in them to make them work. I absolutely appreciate the fact that you put some effort into it though.

You could make some sort of shim sleeve or file down the flats a bit that mate up to each other to reduce the overall diameter.
Either way, you're welcome to try and make them work.
I got them in a big tackle box from GI Joes when they went out of business years ago.
It was their rifle scope parts kit box.

IMG_2796.JPG IMG_2795.JPG

That's very kind of you. I MIGHT be able to shim a larger one down and get good enough contact to keep it from slipping. Don't know how I would make a smaller one fit and get good contact at all points of the circle. Is it OK if I DM you?

When you stated that the barrel diameter was .600 inches and the small one I showed is .675, wouldn't that make it too loose and a shim would be needed?

What, no one is going to recommend duct-tape and paracord? Tasteful and classy right there. If you are planning on shooting a lot and are worried the barrel will get too hot you could always go with that high temp foil tape and a fo-gold chain. Lots of added bling as a bonus.

Or, you know, this place has two piece swivels in various sizes;

Never used them before, but it looks like they might have what you need.

Yes, thank you. I've spoken with Grovtec's sales dept. It seems their GTSW301 would work for me. Only issue is I'd have to buy the whole kit, when all I need is the barrel band. I've got qd sling swivels and the studs that screw into the buttstock. In fact, I've got a box full of the things. Don't want to buy more parts I have no use for.

A big tip o' the hat to jbett98! He mailed me a barrel band swivel that I'll be able to make work, along with a beautiful leather sling that is perfect for my 70 yr old .22. You sir, are the best of the NWFA community!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top