JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I guess I'm reaching out for successful loads and quality components in 6.5 Creed. My initial starting point Lyman loading book.
Anything y'all got will be helpful….. thx
I've been hand and reloading for just couple years (7 cartridges) …. Measure everything and one process at a time, but I don't claim to be a master or anything close.

I shot the rifle yesterday with him…. Helping figure out the optic..
Burris Eliminator (5 I think). That's a lot of information in the glass. Not really clean to look through but really nice. It has a range finder remote control for set button. Haaa

Rifle
Benelli LUPO 24" 1:8

I believe we were shooting a match/hunting Barnes ammo….. (I'm going to confirm) looked nice to me and had easy 1 MOA if not touching groups at 100 yrds and still fire and forget clays at 200 yrds. Personally I don't think I can load more precise than that but I don't know.

He's saving all nickel cases
Given me $100 for dies
Asking me to research powder and projectiles.

I'll have to measure chamber cut exactly for seating depth. Gonna do GunBlue490 method…. 10 thou jump?

I do not load or shoot 6.5 anything.

He's confident he can save $$ if not do better with hand loads even though he's willing to pay me labor. I told him I'm not charging labor…. it's a nice offer but maybe I'll just keep some primers on the back end.

My first question would be, is that what you want to do with your time?

I like to reload occasionally when I have some time to do it while the kid is napping, of if I stay up for a little while when I put the kid to sleep, but being responsible for someone else's ammo consumption is entirely different.

I have a brother-in-law that wanted me to load ammo for him. I told him the amount of money I would need to charge him to make it worth my time would make it better for him to just buy his own ammo. I think about it this way. He will have his free time to do as he pleases while I will have my free time spent loading ammo for him. It just doesn't pencil out.

It just doesn't pencil out.
I'm not sure about the OP's situation, but I've found that since I've retired, "penciling out" looks a lot different than it used to. :D

With the weather as lousy as it has been recently, I've been looking for things to do around the house. Hopefully that will change soon. Bear season is open, golf league started, and I need to get some firewood to replace the piles I burned this winter and spring, among other things.

My first question would be, is that what you want to do with your time?

I like to reload occasionally when I have some time to do it while the kid is napping, of if I stay up for a little while when I put the kid to sleep, but being responsible for someone else's ammo consumption is entirely different.

I have a brother-in-law that wanted me to load ammo for him. I told him the amount of money I would need to charge him to make it worth my time would make it better for him to just buy his own ammo. I think about it this way. He will have his free time to do as he pleases while I will have my free time spent loading ammo for him. It just doesn't pencil out.
Thank you for perspective. I often sell myself short. I have a hard time even bidding jobs because I like to be helpful "people please" is a character "defect" sometimes.

I do have time. It's also adding to skill and experience…. Priceless

My opinion:

Not a friend. An acquaintance. Just my personal semantics. Some folks use & understand similar semantics, some don't.

That written, I wouldn't reload for acquaintances. I would reload for friends, however none have a want for me to.

I personally tell the guys to acquire bullets, brass and powder, and then sit them down on my press .
I help them measure out and set everything up
but i make them pull the handle....

And what's your plan when/if his gun blows up and takes an eye with it? You have insurance for that? Because that liability alone is why I will not load ammo for anyone, ever, no chance.

That why i ensure on the loads and the references load data. Nothing is maxed out nothing is on the danger zone.
Its when they pick up reloads from x y z company at the gun shows and complain about the ammo., i then open out said rounds and show them the difference in powder charges and powder....
But that's how i work, and have gotten about 10 others to start reloading...

You are right on with that load. If you pull the Hornady apart looks to be 42 gr of H4350
I like the IMR 4350 it has just a bit more punch. I have a hand built AR 10 with all top draw
components and a Black Hole barrel that puts them in one hole at 200.

Whats the handload for?

Barnes ammo is good stuff, premium hunting rounds and one of the best hunting projectiles. If your getting sub MOA with Barnes what more does he need?

What would happen if something went bad ?
Would he sue you out of your earthly possessions ?
Something to thing about.

I blew myself up once.
Well, mostly the gun, I took some shrapnel.

Without reloading, the Hornady factory loads are very good.
Copper Creek ammo is as close to reloading yourself as you can get.
They will even set up ladders for you.

Whats the handload for?

Barnes ammo is good stuff, premium hunting rounds and one of the best hunting projectiles. If your getting sub MOA with Barnes what more does he need?
Exactly…..
probably to tout…… "custom loads by the great NobullSKS"

What would happen if something went bad ?
Would he sue you out of your earthly possessions ?
Something to thing about.

I blew myself up once.
Well, mostly the gun, I took some shrapnel.

Without reloading, the Hornady factory loads are very good.
Copper Creek ammo is as close to reloading yourself as you can get.
They will even set up ladders for you.
Can write a disclaimer contract not to pursue liability….. provided the service be produced through my LLC.

Makes me wonder …..how many lawsuits have happened in consequence of hot hand loads ever?

Don't people buy these all the time and have the horror stories?

I'd personally not shoot anyone's hand loads. Especially ….. not the father in-laws.

Can write a disclaimer contract not to pursue liability….. provided the service be produced through my LLC.
A "disclaimer" isn't worth the paper it's written on. A disclaimer cannot prevent a person from suing you anyway. It only serves to try to convince a judge to throw the suit out (not let it go to trial).

He (or his estate) will still retain a personal injury lawyer who will take the case for a pretty low retainer, given that the potential damages are significant and could result in a hefty payout to the attorney.

If you're sued you'll have to lawyer up, go to court and fight to have the "disclaimer" convince the judge to throw out the case.

Up to that time, you'll probably have easily spent $25,000 in legal fees.

If the judge won't throw out the case (highly likely), then look for 10 times that in fees. As for damages, the sky's the limit.

Just my opinion. Take what you like and leave there rest.

Best.

A "disclaimer" isn't worth the paper it's written on. A disclaimer cannot prevent a person from suing you anyway. It only serves to try to convince a judge to throw the suit out (not let it go to trial).

He (or his estate) will still retain a personal injury lawyer who will take the case for a pretty low retainer, given that the potential damages are significant and could result in a hefty payout to the attorney.

If you're sued you'll have to lawyer up, go to court and fight to have the "disclaimer" convince the judge to throw out the case.

Up to that time, you'll probably have easily spent $25,000 in legal fees.

If the judge won't throw out the case (highly likely), then look for 10 times that in fees. As for damages, the sky's the limit.

Just my opinion. Take what you like and leave there rest.

Best.
Yeah I'm not familiar with the legal process with lawsuits. Or personal injury cases. I was replying in jest….. I wouldn't know where to begin to title a "disclaimer" of any sort.

As ignorant as I am :
I'd figure if he's asking me to do something as a friend; and I don't intend to hurt him. I'd hope a judge would reason with that.

Maybe like doing a break job and dude gets in wreck…because of air in the line from half bleeding job….. would his backyard mechanic father be liable? Maybe? IDK

Again doesn't ammo explode all the time? What protects the reloading/RE manufacturers, or manufacturers? They just expect to pay $$$ out the… and hope a judge throws the cases out? Curious, really.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews