JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just like when people from either side scream about moving to Canada when their team mascot loses, people are screaming about leaving Oregon. Big words backed up by little for the most part. Most people do not have the means to unplug their whole life and reboot elsewhere, even a different city in the same state. Some do, and good for them. Talking about it is just masturbation with a side of Internet points

I'm not leaving. With that being said I'm also not altering how I live my life or carry out the plan of the day.

If you get my drift.

I'm not leaving. With that being said I'm also not altering how I live my life or carry out the plan of the day.

If you get my drift.
I completely understand and respect that, I have at least another two years before I make the move with the way things are going. Also not going to alter anything before I go.

I've been wanting to move for several years now. I own my own business and it takes a lot more than just moving someplace and finding a 9-5 job. it takes about eight years to get this business going doing top work and building a reputation to where your phone actually rings without spending a ton of money on advertising and there is no guarantees so it's large investment.

I'm not going anywhere at the moment. Maybe some day, I will also just continue to live my life. I do have the option to flee to Alabama, feel like it's turning my back on my family history. not one person I'm related too lives outside of Oregon. I guess I'll see you guy's in the gulag:s0005:

It's a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The more the conservatives ditch Oregon for other States, the stronger Multnomah County gets in terms of voting power simply because there are more anti2A Statists moving to displace the pro2A free people.

I for one am sticking around for a bit, as my elderly parents are still here...but when the time comes, we'll see what the state of the Union is, in 10-20 years. We probably will go for home schooling and private tutorship.for the daughter, as she is exhibiting potential early signs of autism, and is currently less verbal than her peers.

Just like when people from either side scream about moving to Canada when their team mascot loses, people are screaming about leaving Oregon. Big words backed up by little for the most part. Most people do not have the means to unplug their whole life and reboot elsewhere, even a different city in the same state. Some do, and good for them. Talking about it is just masturbation with a side of Internet points
Maybe I like masterbation. :D

Regardless, I am quite serious about moving. The results from this last election have shown me the state is pretty much lost. After 2 years of complete bubblegum and decay if the majority of people people who live here are going to vote for more of the same, I see no reason to stick around. Imo and it's only my opinion, things will only continue to get worse. I don't blame it on pro 2nd amendment people leaving as much as I do the influx of anti 2nd amendment people arriving. Top that with people too lazy to research a measure before voting on it, or even worse, too lazy to vote altogether and I see a continuing downward spiral.

Moving out of state is not an easy thing for anyone, obviously harder for some than others but we are willing to uproot and land where the majority is like minded. I've been here all my life, born and raised, but at this point I don't feel this state (or the majority of people in it) will change course.

Again just my opinion. 114 was just one issue. Govs race and other measures were the tipping point for us.

Yes I'll probably have to find a different company to work for and the wife will have to figure out what she'll need to do as well.

It was a serious question based off of our own personal decision.

Not planning on pulling roots and moving, as we've lived in other states due to needs of the Navy.

Our kids have started their adult lives here and decided to stay in Oregon.

We do have the option/chance of creating dual state residency because of the ability to work remotely to help with the last remaining parent that has decided to stay in the Carolinas.

Not me. Been here too long and have too much invested to just pull up stakes and leave. I'll stick it out for better or worse for the short time I have left. One stupid ballot measure isn't the end of the world. (Ducking for cover now)

Not me. Been here too long and have too much invested to just pull up stakes and leave. I'll stick it out for better or worse for the short time I have left. One stupid ballot measure isn't the end of the world. (Ducking for cover now)
Just short of jackboots stomping your yard, no?

I'd like to move. Not just for M114 reasons. Everything here is constantly getting worse: crime, homelessness, woke agenda nonsense. Realistically it would take probably 3 years at least to make it work.

I'd like to move. Not just for M114 reasons. Everything here is constantly getting worse: crime, homelessness, woke agenda nonsense. Realistically it would take probably 3 years at least to make it work.
You're correct. It's not JUST 114. All the things you mentioned and more. Toll bridges are coming too with zero input from us. We don't even live in Multnomah county yet we had to pay $500 to them to help clean up and take care of their homeless problem.

Too many things to list really. I wanted to be out within one year but realistically it's going to be closer to 2 1/2 years.

Most people do not have the means to unplug their whole life and reboot elsewhere,
There is more than just money involved. It's changing everything in your life.

If it's part of your retirement plan, be sure you go somewhere that has good medical care that is close. You don't want to be looking for a cardiac unit in Fish Lake, MT.

I made one major move 35 years ago. I'm too old to do it again. And, there is never a guarantee that the reason(s) you chose to move don't go haywire. I say this because where I relocated to is not the same place it was when I got here. I made a fortunate choice as to where my property is located, not now or likely to be a gang-plagued area or similar. I do sympathize with people who've found themselves in social hell-holes that have no future. So maybe moving for them is more of a necessity than a choice. But I'd think absent this imperative, moving due to a single political issue might warrant careful consideration. Multiple issues might be more motivating.

I would if we could, we've talked about it. 114 wasn't the only issue, what their teaching my kids is just as bubblegum. Beautiful Portlands turned into a disaster, and in all this... the state voted for more of it.
I can say one thing, if we have to move weve lost altogether.... moving is only delaying the problem and it will follow you. Its already happening in red states just slower. It depends on your age and maybe where in the red state if you want to live out your lives before red turns blue. I wish I was in a position to consider it. Enjoy the last of your freedom over there while its still red for a while.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads