JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to dismiss your concern, but that's easy math... way worth the transition to freedom. This, coming from someone who's studied the Liberty State movement in WA to the nth​ degree. I would really like to see Liberty State realized. It would actually make me stay here, but I know it won't happen in what's left of my lifetime...
:D I am not always negative about things, I just try to look at things from the common man's chances .

Comes the split there will be billions to be made in Eastern Oregon "IF" they can get cheap energy from the dams on the Columbia. It will be a boom like the kali gold rush as people seeking freedom run to live in it.

Most of Oregon has never recieved the development possible because the Oregon government centralized wealth and power in the west where they could control it. West is where the votes are so it's where the libs spend the money.

There are parts of Oregon that could have had a much better life if the libs would have just spent the money. Imagine a freeway from I5 to Coos Bay, it would have become a major port with wealthy jobs for everyone.

Greater Idaho will be very interesting. I wonder what the new state will do with all of oregons prisons and prisoners that are in Eastern Oregon?

Charge Oregon the incarceration fees, then bus them to Portlandia upon release. Buses & operating expenses on Portlandia's dime...

There are parts of Oregon that could have had a much better life if the libs would have just spent the money. Imagine a freeway from I5 to Coos Bay, it would have become a major port with wealthy jobs for everyone.
Not up to Oregon to enact legislation to build interstates. That's the Feds' purview, per the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 (what became known as the Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways).

Not up to Oregon to enact legislation to build interstates. That's the Feds' purview, per the Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 (what became known as the Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways).
If Oregon wanted to have the road built then it would have been built. Coos Bay would have had the prosperity of a well used sea port with jobs for everyone. Money is power and the state didn't want new power coming into Oregon. They keep the state under a size they can control and could care less about the people.

I sorta get what you're saying, but not so sure about that "better life" aspect. Imagine turning Coos Bay into Portland...

How much of rural Oregon technically belongs to the Federal Government through Bureau of Land Management, Dept of Agriculture's Forest Service, and other Federal agencies? I think much of the Federal money for these properties would go to Idaho if Central Oregon-East/South Oregon joins Idaho? And so, the State won't allow that to happen because it also means loss of revenues from Federal timber sales and recreational permits/passes.

Ah yes, the bedazzling system that split cities and caused untold urban blight. But it does make getting cross country easier and more efficient

Quickest way to get a new interstate to the coast.... build an USN/USMC and CG supply base somewhere on the coast, south of Portland :rolleyes:
Edit
Newport/Waldport, Coos Bay... speaking of roads.. is the Highway 101 still in bad shape between Coos Bay and Florence?

I sorta get what you're saying, but not so sure about that "better life" aspect. Imagine turning Coos Bay into Portland...
Ya Bend went to hell and they don't produce anything, Coos Bay could have been a port to get us things shipped to us a lot cheaper. Just saying that good jobs can create a good city.

Ah yes, the bedazzling system that split cities and caused untold urban blight. But it does make getting cross country easier and more efficient
The whole purpose of the interstate system, as envisioned when the Federal-Aid Highway Act passed (1956), was to create a nationwide roadway system whereby the US Armed Forces could move men and materiel all across the country swiftly and efficiently without getting bogged down in civilian traffic. At the time, the major cross-country roadway was Route 66. Imagine trying to move a large convoy (or multiple convoys) of men, tanks, rocket launchers, etc. and their requisite support infrastructure along Route 66 to counter an incursion by "the Red Threat". The back-ups and delays to not just the military would've been horrific. Remember, at the time (mid-1950s), the thought of a Communist invasion of the USA by land was not unheard of. This was during the age of bombers, and ICBMs and subs with MIRVs had not yet been invented, so traditional warfare was the defining strategy to oppose.

Eisenhower had seen and appreciated the autobahn system while in Germany during the closing days of WWII, and he wanted the USA to have the same kind of national roadway for military purposes. Hence the name, the Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways. He envisioned a cross-country roadway system of 4-lane highways, divided by a wide median (for head-on collision avoidance) and with big shoulders (for broken down vehicles to get out of the traffic flow), with 2 lanes (minimum) in each direction (to allow faster vehicles to pass the convoys). So, splitting cities and creating urban blight were never part of the original intent - rather, it was a military roadway system by design. The city-splitting and urban blight arose intentionally years later...

Splitting cities and urban blight were the result of politicians, along with some roadway department leaders, to build the urban portions of the interstate over top of neighborhoods. That's what "split" the cities, divided neighborhoods (predominantly minority neighborhoods), and fed into racial segregation, the most famous example being in Florida (Jacksonville, I think it was???). This debacle resulted in the Federal rules for right-of-way acquisition and the requirement that designers follow protocols to reduce splitting and also for the agency(ies) building the road to pay landowners the market price of the property the highway system needed and not to leave any uneconomic remainders. This is known as Federal Right-of-Way Negotiation and Acquisition. People are wrong when they think the interstate can just come in and steal your land and claim "eminent domain." That doesn't happen anymore, and has not for nearly 50 years, at least for the interstate highway system. Now, if Boss Hogg "owns" your town and he wants a wider driveway to his mansion, then the concept of "eminent domain" may work a little differently in Hazzard County...

Last Edited:
The whole purpose of the interstate system, as envisioned when the Federal-Aid Highway Act passed (1956), was to create a nationwide roadway system whereby the US Armed Forces could move men and materiel all across the country swiftly and efficiently without getting bogged down in civilian traffic. At the time, the major cross-country roadway was Route 66. Imagine trying to move a large convoy (or multiple convoys) of men, tanks, rocket launchers, etc. and their requisite support infrastructure along Route 66 to counter an incursion by "the Red Threat". The back-ups and delays to not just the military would've been horrific. Remember, at the time (mid-1950s), the thought of a Communist invasion of the USA by land was not unheard of. This was during the age of bombers, and ICBMs and subs with MIRVs had not yet been invented, so traditional warfare was the defining strategy to oppose.

Eisenhower had seen and appreciated the autobahn system while in Germany during the closing days of WWII, and he wanted the USA to have the same kind of national roadway for military purposes. Hence the name, the Dwight D. Eisenhower National System of Interstate and Defense Highways. He envisioned a cross-country roadway system of 4-lane highways, divided by a wide median (for head-on collision avoidance) and with big shoulders (for broken down vehicles to get out of the traffic flow), with 2 lanes (minimum) in each direction (to allow faster vehicles to pass the convoys). So, splitting cities and creating urban blight were never part of the original intent - rather, it was a military roadway system by design. The city-splitting and urban blight arose intentionally years later...

Splitting cities and urban blight were the result of politicians, along with some roadway department leaders, to build the urban portions of the interstate over top of neighborhoods. That's what "split" the cities, divided neighborhoods (predominantly minority neighborhoods), and fed into racial segregation, the most famous example being in Florida (Jacksonville, I think it was???). This debacle resulted in the Federal rules for right-of-way acquisition and the requirement that designers follow protocols to reduce splitting and also for the agency(ies) building the road to pay landowners the market price of the property the highway system needed and not to leave any uneconomic remainders. This is known as Federal Right-of-Way Negotiation and Acquisition. People are wrong when they think the interstate can just come in and steal your land and claim "eminent domain." That doesn't happen anymore, and has not for nearly 50 years, at least for the interstate highway system. Now, if Boss Hogg "owns" your town and he wants a wider driveway to his mansion, then the concept of "eminent domain" may work a little differently in Hazzard County...

Geez professor. Reminds me of college. I read that whole post and immediately after I finished, couldn't remember a thing I had just read. :s0092:
I'm betting @Certaindeaf is going to give you the old: TLDR

Phuq'rz are like locusts...
They are Necramongers (Riddick). They move to a new area (because the area they inhabited it is used up and destroyed), use up its resources and then it's destroyed then they move to another area to do the same.

CC7CA387-C061-446A-8B43-8D6372CA8F72.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads