JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All makes sense to me. It's called profiling and it needs to be done. An experienced cop is going to assume things about people based on what they drive, how they drive and what they wear. Right or wrong that's the way it is. Cops are people.
It's kind of along the same lines as airport searches. They'll search some little kid, or a 90 year woman but skip over the 20-40 year old man of middle eastern decent simply to avoid profiling. Does that make sense?

The point is, Mr. Biggie appears to be an immigrant (congratulations too, by the way) if I read his post correctly. This is probably going to be something he will have to deal with. Especially if he is from south of our border. That's not being racist. That's acknowledging the facts. I'm sure people will disagree with me but that's the way I see things. It's human nature to judge and presume things about people especially when they are 'different' than you are. Ethnicity is one of the most obvious differences people have and no matter how 'color blind' we try to be there will always be those differences. That's my .02. Please start the comments:D

Weather someone thinks profiling is right or wrong isn't my point. The point is that just because someone has frequent contact with the police, it doesn't mean anything. The point is that it can easily be circumstances that cause the contact.

I agree that there are circumstances where profiling makes sense. I do believe however, that the police are being used as glorified tax collectors now days instead of to protect and serve. The powers that be are ordering all kinds of traffic stops for revenue. I think that is b.s. Unless there is reasonable suspicion that a person did something wrong, the cops need to mind their own business. Police have very important jobs to do. Harassing innocent people is not one of them.

Weather someone thinks profiling is right or wrong isn't my point. The point is that just because someone has frequent contact with the police, it doesn't mean anything. The point is that it can easily be circumstances that cause the contact.

I agree that there are circumstances where profiling makes sense. I do believe however, that the police are being used as glorified tax collectors now days instead of to protect and serve. The powers that be are ordering all kinds of traffic stops for revenue. I think that is b.s. Unless there is reasonable suspicion that a person did something wrong, the cops need to mind their own business. Police have very important jobs to do. Harassing innocent people is not one of them.

I agree with you.
As far as cops being 'tax collectors'... I view tickets for traffic violations the same way I see the oregon lottery. It's affectionately called a stupid tax. If I don't play the lottery I don't lose and I don't win a bunch of money. If I don't speed I don't get a fine and I don't get to my destination 2 seconds faster. Seems to pencil to me.

All makes sense to me. It's called profiling and it needs to be done. An experienced cop is going to assume things about people based on what they drive, how they drive and what they wear. Right or wrong that's the way it is. Cops are people.
It's kind of along the same lines as airport searches. They'll search some little kid, or a 90 year woman but skip over the 20-40 year old man of middle eastern decent simply to avoid profiling. Does that make sense?

The point is, Mr. Biggie appears to be an immigrant (congratulations too, by the way) if I read his post correctly. This is probably going to be something he will have to deal with. Especially if he is from south of our border. That's not being racist. That's acknowledging the facts. I'm sure people will disagree with me but that's the way I see things. It's human nature to judge and presume things about people especially when they are 'different' than you are. Ethnicity is one of the most obvious differences people have and no matter how 'color blind' we try to be there will always be those differences. That's my .02. Please start the comments:D
Actually I am middle eastern ................ hahahahahaha your assumption of me being from the south of the border cracked me up.......... people and their assumptions hahahahahahaha :s0112:

KARMA........ I agree with what you 100% ........ cops are human and mistakes are made, but the profiling and harassments must stop ....... but I don't see it happening anytime soon. They..... meaning cops........ should try a little harder and make it not so obvious. And as far as the speeding tickets go........ for the most part it is a CASH COW...... police make money and also the insurance companies make money too....... it's the HELP ME HELP YOU attitude....... How often do you see a nice BMW or BENZ pulled over? after all they are the ones who have more money and can afford the tickets hahahahahahahaha But if your driving like a bat out of heck......... then you should get pulled over ....... no matter if you drive a civic, a buick, or a BMW. :cartman:

Actually I am middle eastern ................ hahahahahaha your assumption of me being from the south of the border cracked me up.......... people and their assumptions hahahahahahaha :s0112:

Yeah. I thought that might come back to bite me:eek: My point is the same though. Just like in the middle east a white guy would be more suspect than an average looking middle easterner.

I respect LEO's and give them credit for all the sh*t they have to put up with trying to do their job. Calling them "Pigs" is saying alot more about you than it is about them. Sure there are a few jerks on the force, but there are a lot more good guys. Just like in any other line of work.

I had one really bad experience with a Beaverton officer, he was a motorcycle officer, last name of Dalton. I usually have good respect for the police, I work in the public safety sector and work with Police all the time, but he made me lose all respect for him. Unfortantley it is guys like him that give all police a bad name. He made me question the Beaverton PD for the way he acted and conducted himself, I was really suprised that they would tolerate the kind of behavior I have seen him display. I called a Sergeant to complain and was basically blown off.

I do have a friend that works for Beaverton PD now and he is a good guy. I have had several cops that I am friends with say that even other cops don't like this guy.

:)
Yeah. I thought that might come back to bite me:eek: My point is the same though. Just like in the middle east a white guy would be more suspect than an average looking middle easterner.

Well no matter if i'm white, black, purple, or green.......... we should all be treated with respect by the law. My actions should be the cause of attention from the police........ not my color and race. Imagine if I open carried (and YES I do have a CHL) and wore a towel over my head hahahahahahaha i'd get shot by Beaverton PD lol :gun13::gun16:

But I do understand what your saying............ bottom line....... and only some of you will understand this......... I am like gravity....... I just attract things. There is something about me that just attracts attention and you can ask my friends...... lol Granted that I've done things in the past to attract attention from the POLICE ........... but when I try to help a friend with a jump to get his car started....... I should not be treated like trash by police and yelled at because I asked a cop why he was IDing me when all I was doing was getting a car to start in a SAFEWAY parking lot......... Yeah one could say that I appeared to look like someone that the cops could have been looking for, but when i'm not an A-hole and talking calmly and politely, I should not be yelled at and talked to like they are the boss of me........... that is my opinion...

I had one really bad experience with a Beaverton officer, he was a motorcycle officer, last name of Dalton.

That's hilarious - when I lived in Beaverton, I also found that guy to be rude. He didn't do anything wrong or actionable, he just had zero personality and was very brusque. e.g., ignoring my questions, not listening to me, etc. I remember his name only because he's the only police officer in my entire life that I thought was rude.

At the end of the day, I was speeding and got a ticket and so I can't complain about that.

My experiences with the rest of the Beaverton PD were all very positive. Except I think they should stop driving those dorky drug repo cars...a policeman does not belong in a VW Bug.

People People.... please dont make this turn into a cop bashing thread. I used to work at Intel in Hillsboro and I live in NE Portland. I traveled daily back and forth on HWY 26 4x a day the past 10 years. I do get a few tickets on 26 and of course I never happy with all the tickets I got.... nobody happy I think, but I was speeding so I deserved to have it. As for the purpose of this threat is beaverton police is illegal arrest a citizen and illegal delete the video file. What is the expect outcome of this law suit? What is the law of oregon about recording officers doing their job? Please shed some light on me.... TIA

I haven't done any research yet..... but

1. You have to have permission to record the police

2. I was told by Beaverton Police that it has to be either video or audio and that it can't be both...... but I think that is dumb, but we all know cops are human and don't always know everything because some Beaverton Police officers have told me that I can't open carry my pistol walking down the street (in public) with my State issued CHL hahahahahah WRONG....... YOU CAN DO SO.... Oregon law 166.173 section C and 166.370 section D.

Now I believe that as long as your not interfering with their investigation and not being rude you should be able to keep your distance and record POLICE. Also as long as POLICE are following the rules and doing things by the book, they should have no worries about being recorded.
:s0133: :banana: :s0133: :s0056: :s0133: :s0053: :s0133:

2. I was told by Beaverton Police that it has to be either video or audio and that it can't be both...... but I think that is dumb, but we all know cops are human and don't always know everything because some Beaverton Police officers have told me that I can't open carry my pistol walking down the street (in public) with my State issued CHL hahahahahah WRONG....... YOU CAN DO SO.... Oregon law 166.173 section C and 166.370 section D.

Now I believe that as long as your not interfering with their investigation and not being rude you should be able to keep your distance and record POLICE. Also as long as POLICE are following the rules and doing things by the book, they should have no worries about being recorded.

I am pretty sure as things stand, the Beaverton Police were right in what they told you. In my understanding of things, a CHL doesn't give you the license to open carry. In my opinion you should be able to carry anywhere you want without a license, but that is for another time. LOL. Beaverton has made a ordinance that you can't open carry in their city, the same as Salem, Portland, Independence, and another one or two. Not sure how that would work out, but my understanding is that the only way you can carry in Beaverton is concealed with a CHL. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I am pretty sure as things stand, the Beaverton Police were right in what they told you. In my understanding of things, a CHL doesn't give you the license to open carry. In my opinion you should be able to carry anywhere you want without a license, but that is for another time. LOL. Beaverton has made a ordinance that you can't open carry in their city, the same as Salem, Portland, Independence, and another one or two. Not sure how that would work out, but my understanding is that the only way you can carry in Beaverton is concealed with a CHL. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Okay......... trust me..... I've been through this. If you have a CHL you CAN open carry in public. but if your on private property....... lets say safeway and your asked to leave, you have to leave. You don't stand there and argue....... you say NO PROBLEM...... and bounce hahahahahaha.
If you don't have a license then you CAN'T open carry in the cities you mentioned (beaverton, tigard, portland, salem, etc). In the oregon law statues I posted, city and county may, can, and will try to make laws and stuff to prohibit people without CHLs from open carrying yatti yatti yadah:pound: .......... but if you have a CHL your exempt .....people who can open carry are ON DUTY POLICE OFFICERS........ ON DUTY ACTIVE MILITARY CONDUCTING WORK RELATED STUFF, AND PEOPLE WITH CHL... also a person who has been deputized and armed security officers...... :D things may be different in Texas but in oregon thats how it is as I can recall lol

Okay......... trust me..... I've been through this. If you have a CHL you CAN open carry in public. but if your on private property....... lets say safeway and your asked to leave, you have to leave. You don't stand there and argue....... you say NO PROBLEM...... and bounce hahahahahaha.
If you don't have a license then you CAN'T open carry in the cities you mentioned (beaverton, tigard, portland, salem, etc). In the oregon law statues I posted, city and county may, can, and will try to make laws and stuff to prohibit people without CHLs from open carrying yatti yatti yadah:pound: .......... but if you have a CHL your exempt .....people who can open carry are ON DUTY POLICE OFFICERS........ ON DUTY ACTIVE MILITARY CONDUCTING WORK RELATED STUFF, AND PEOPLE WITH CHL... also a person who has been deputized and armed security officers...... :D things may be different in Texas but in oregon thats how it is as I can recall lol

You CAN open carry in Beaverton and Portland, it CAN"T be loaded, or have rounds in the mag in Beaverton and Portland. Other cities in OR too but I only care about Beaverton and portland area.

Unless of course you have a CHL, then you CAN OC loaded any where you can normaly CC.

Not sure about the Video or Audio but not both but everything I've heard and read says you have the legale right to record audio cops, but you have to inform them that you are recording them right away.

I've had no issues with with BPD. There was one time I was pulled over for no reason no turn signal leabing my driveway which I kinda thought was a BS reason. I felt the real reason was nice car, leave run down house, in run down area= drugs in BPD eyes.

Treated the officer with respect as I always do, all ended well.

What y'all think of the traffic camera vans?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top