JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just found out today that Beaverton Police is getting sued by a man that video recorded his friend's arrest. This guy was arrested and taken to jail, and no charges were filed. The police went through his phone and deleted the video and the only thing left was a pic of officers arresting someone. I have had a lot of negative experience with Beaverton Police and I would like to hear some of your stories. I have been threatened with getting arrested, getting my CHL taken away etc. I don't violate laws and stay out of trouble yet and still the Beaverton Police run into me from time to time. But I am starting to understand the laws better and can stand up for myself....... you should do the same in my opinion. :dinner:

www.katu.com/news/local/61326077.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are they messing with you TIME AFTER TIME! I haven't been bothered by any Beaverton Cops since I've been here.10 years! Maybe your putting yourself in that position.How many other people on here have been Bothered TIME AFTER TIME by Beaverton Cops? My guess is not many.If your a good law abiding non confrontational person,you almost never get messed with.Just my 2 cents worth from someone that has been around awhile

Beaverton Pigs Suck!!!!!

The only town I have ever gotten a ticket in.

I have been driving in 4 different states for 35 years.

They do go out of their way to bubblegum with people!

IBTL

I like cops, but hate that photo red light crap they pull in B town. I don't run red lights and have never been poped for the red light are radar photo thing, just saying it sucks.

Beaverton Pigs Suck!!!!!

The only town I have ever gotten a ticket in.

I have been driving in 4 different states for 35 years.

They do go out of their way to bubblegum with people!
Now, there's an intelligent response. 'Because I broke the law, "Beaverton Pigs Suck."'

Obviously, I side with Bmont on this. For the every country, state and city I've been to, with the exception of Panama, I've never been contacted by the police for "BS" reasons.

I realize that on this site its popular to bash the police and I know how tough people talk on an internet forum, but you call the police to fix problems or need help.

don't take this the wrong way, but i suspect you bear some responsibility. your user name says a lot about your personality alone- biggie 24 420... i'm assuming thats the nickname you prefer, your age, and one of your hobbies?

cops have opinions, and cops have "officer discretion." if you beebop like a homie, cops will stop you. i don't know how you're behaving toward them to get lectures from them, but i get pulled over all the time by ALL agencies, including beavertown, and never get lectured.

i'm not meaning to be as critical as i'm probably sounding, just pointing out observations.

GOOBER....Pigs? Not good Dude.Have some respect you wingnut!You think all of them are bad? NO.I think most people here on this site are good citizens that love guns and the right to bear arms,Not bash the Cops.I have talked to a couple of real helpful and nice Beaverton Cops over the years,They are not PIGS.Don't generalize because you obviously don't know what your talking about!

Try living in a small town. I know every cop in my area. Respect each of them. Have never had a problem with them. I don't break laws, except maybe speeding here and there:), and I've never been harassed. I was raised the the idea that LE deserve respect always. Never have had any trouble with them. Don't ever plan on it either:s0155:

Cops are just people too. They make mistakes, sometimes arrest innocent people, some are racist, some are too fat to run after suspects, some are nice, some are jerks. At the end of the day, they are just people trying to do a job. I don't trust my life that they will be there to save me, but I wouldn't want to live in a world without cops. They keep the peace for the majority of the people. I think that if you are a law abiding person, and keep to yourself, then there shouldn't be any reason for them to contact you. If they have Biggie on their radar, then he must have been doing something to bring attention on himself.

I've lived in B town for 20 years and have never been bothered by the police here. Admittedly some on the force are a bit more friendly than others, but I figure you'll find that everywhere.

Cops in general have always given me what I've given them.
Respect and no jive.

However, the Red Light Photo Radar is a bogas 'cash cow' that we can thank Rob Drake and his band of thieves for. Thank God Phil Knight exposed him for what he is, and he's long gone!

Frog.

Last Edited:
As was mentioned, cops are just people. There are good and bad. I would also suggest that just because he has been stopped by the police and someone else hasn't, doesn't mean he is suspect. For example, someone who drives a multi-colored beater of a car is MUCH more likely to get pulled over and checked out than someone in volvo station wagon. Someone who drives a flashy red corvette is much more likely to get pulled over than a person driving a minivan.

Someone could have a work schedule that puts them coming home at midnight on the weekends when the cops make more traffic stops looking for people heading home from the bars. The point is that you can't generalize that the person is doing something wrong simply because the cops stop him from time to time. I just see people on here trying to reason that if someone has contact with the police more than once, that they must be to blame. There are many other possibilities.

i get stopped all the time- at least once a month, somtimes multiple times in a day.

i'm a white male in my late twenties driving a beat up pickup truck- high probability of me being DUII and/or transporting drugs. furthermore, my blinkers havent worked in about 6 years. i also generally travel between 10-14mph over the posted limit.

i never get tickets, and i never get lectured, however.. if it isn't a quick check to make sure i have insurance and aren't drunk, then it's probably a 2-5 minute conversation about whatever guns i happen to be riding with... a friendly conversation, not a lecture.

contact with the polce doesn't mean you're a criminal.. but the way the OP is describing his contacts makes people wonder what he's doing to draw that kind of attention/reaction.

Actually bkb0000 ......... biggie is my nickname, 244 stands for B I G and 20 was my age when I became a US citizen. You don't know anything about me and just by assuming like you have, well you know what they say when you ASSUME........ like I said..... I don't do anything to get the cops to F with me ............ I am a big guy and I must stand out and I must intimidate the police when I stand up for my rights. I don't care if the police come and question me, it's the unneeded THREATS that I don't appreciate......... I am sure if I went to a cop and said I AM GONNA SHOOT YOU .... they would have a problem with that....... well I have a problem with them messing with me when it's uncalled for. I respect your opinion but it don't mean S*@T to me, have a nice day :) .

I must say that I respect what cops do. I just have a problem with those very few cops that are A-holes....... Ones that think they are above the law and don't do their job like they should. I have also ran into officers that were very nice and respectful towards me. I have had a few good experiences and a lot of bad experience. I've had my rights taken away and accoused of things that I haven't done. If you were in my shoes, you would feel the same way as I do when it comes to certain things.

Dave Bishop was the cheif in Newberg then went back to Beaverton as chief and now is retired. he stated in beaverton as a officer.:s0131:

I had the opportunity to get to meet Dave Bishop when I first moved to the area in 1999 and worked in Beaverton. I also met a handful of former and/or retired Beaverton cops who had worked with Chief Bishop since they were rookies together in the 70's. My reaction to all of them was that they were a top notch bunch of people. Bishop went out of his way to help my company out on a few issues where we could benefit from the skills within his Department. I learned a lot about Beaverton and how it had changed over the past 45+ years from these guys. Running a Police Department during those significant changes in population, population density, and cultural shifts was probably a tough job for every chief who held the job. Chief Bishop acheived national acclaim from his peers for his efforts and I'm sure the residents of Beaveton benefited. If anyone has a problem with the laws in Beaverton, they have the polititians to thank - not the Police Department. Just my 2 cents.

i get stopped all the time- at least once a month, somtimes multiple times in a day.

i'm a white male in my late twenties driving a beat up pickup truck- high probability of me being DUII and/or transporting drugs. furthermore, my blinkers havent worked in about 6 years. i also generally travel between 10-14mph over the posted limit.

i never get tickets, and i never get lectured, however.. if it isn't a quick check to make sure i have insurance and aren't drunk, then it's probably a 2-5 minute conversation about whatever guns i happen to be riding with... a friendly conversation, not a lecture.

contact with the polce doesn't mean you're a criminal.. but the way the OP is describing his contacts makes people wonder what he's doing to draw that kind of attention/reaction.

I have seen the same reaction by a lot of folks on here in different threads. The dominant view seems to be that if you are pulled over a lot, it must be your fault.

Right now, our normal daily drivers are a 4runner and truck, but sometimes drive my little honda civic gas getter because it get's nearly 40mpg. It has a primered front end and the rest is green. It has some dents here and there and isn't what many would consider pretty! Let me start out by saying that i have never been in any kind of trouble with the law. I have never even had a ticket. When I get in that car, police home in on me! It is amazing. Normally I don't get a look from police. In that little multi-colored civic I have had police flip U-turns in traffic on a busy street to come and pull me over! No joke! It is very enlightening when you experience it. I have also been treated very differently by the police when driving that car as opposed to the rare occasion I have gotten pulled over in something else. I would say that there tends to be a definite difference on how you are treated by many officers based on their perception of your economic status.

I have seen the same reaction by a lot of folks on here in different threads. The dominant view seems to be that if you are pulled over a lot, it must be your fault.

Right now, our normal daily drivers are a 4runner and truck, but sometimes drive my little honda civic gas getter because it get's nearly 40mpg. It has a primered front end and the rest is green. It has some dents here and there and isn't what many would consider pretty! Let me start out by saying that i have never been in any kind of trouble with the law. I have never even had a ticket. When I get in that car, police home in on me! It is amazing. Normally I don't get a look from police. In that little multi-colored civic I have had police flip U-turns in traffic on a busy street to come and pull me over! No joke! It is very enlightening when you experience it. I have also been treated very differently by the police when driving that car as opposed to the rare occasion I have gotten pulled over in something else. I would say that there tends to be a definite difference on how you are treated by many officers based on their perception of your economic status.

All makes sense to me. It's called profiling and it needs to be done. An experienced cop is going to assume things about people based on what they drive, how they drive and what they wear. Right or wrong that's the way it is. Cops are people.
It's kind of along the same lines as airport searches. They'll search some little kid, or a 90 year woman but skip over the 20-40 year old man of middle eastern decent simply to avoid profiling. Does that make sense?

The point is, Mr. Biggie appears to be an immigrant (congratulations too, by the way) if I read his post correctly. This is probably going to be something he will have to deal with. Especially if he is from south of our border. That's not being racist. That's acknowledging the facts. I'm sure people will disagree with me but that's the way I see things. It's human nature to judge and presume things about people especially when they are 'different' than you are. Ethnicity is one of the most obvious differences people have and no matter how 'color blind' we try to be there will always be those differences. That's my .02. Please start the comments:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top