JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been shooting there for about a year as the range is very close to my house.
No problems at all with shooting their reloads in my 9mm P938 or 45ACP in my 1911.
I haven't bought or sold items through them.
So far all experiences have been positive and I am there about once a week.

LoL my friend was in the area(he is from clackamas) and he called me up telling me that there is a indoor range nearby where I live, and I told him: yeah I know, if you value our friendship, don't ever go in there. There was a pause, and he replied: what? I said: you heard me, I'm serious dude. So anyway, he stopped over my place and he asked if I was okay because of what I said earlier to him on the phone about our friendship. So I told him lets go to the indoor range and check it out. We get there, and there were 2 other people in there talking to the lady, so we waited about 10 mins and walked out. My friend looked at me and says: this place sucks balls!

Service sucks and it always will. I don't know how they're still in business, this place is horrible...I also saw some packaged brass in Top Brass packaging, looking closely, it was range brass(mixed headstamps)...

Stopped in there today and picked up some components. Nice and close to my work. They will let you shoot your 22 rifles there. a bit steep in price compared to wally world or bi mart. Not that steep compared to CTD. LOL! They have Large Pistol Primers and bullets. :D

Ever since they sent out a mass e-mail with the full names and email addresses of people who took their concealed handgun course, I never let my friends go there ever again.
I'm not kidding, either, I saved the e-mails.

/hate

True! I was one of them. Never stepped into their business since.

Thanks for posting this. I've been looking around for a range to join and glad I stumbled upon this thread BCA is close to home but based on the poor reviews, expensive prices, and most of all the mass email I will find another place. Sad there isnt a good range around Hillsboro.

As I posted earlier, I have been a member for two years and have never had any problems with or at BA. The owners always seem nice and helpful. As to high prices, they do not seem excessive to me compared to fees I have seen listed at other ranges in the Metro area. I picked BA because it is so close to my home and there are no other close by ranges. I don't want to drive 45min plus to get across town to shoot.

I picked BA because it is so close to my home and there are no other close by ranges. I don't want to drive 45min plus to get across town to shoot.
This is why I want to consider them, I'm just surprised to find so many poor reviews.

It really bothers me that I cant shoot my own ammo there, how am I supposed to qualify SD ammo of choice?

As for just basic practice its concerning to read such poor reviews.

still undecided.

They took $1500 from my buddy for an AR they said they were ordering for him. After 8 months of stringing him along they finally admitted to not ordering the rifle for him...At least they gave his money back which was more than I expected.

I've only used them for range shooting, I've never bought/sold/consigned a gun or took a class there. But for a place to simply shoot I've never had a problem. They always seem friendly and helpful to me. I go in, get my shooting done, and get out with no problems or hassle. This weekend is great because they have $5 range fee special for members. Cheap! My only complaint is that I wish I could shoot my own ammo.

I've only used them for range shooting, I've never bought/sold/consigned a gun or took a class there. But for a place to simply shoot I've never had a problem. They always seem friendly and helpful to me. I go in, get my shooting done, and get out with no problems or hassle. This weekend is great because they have $5 range fee special for members. Cheap! My only complaint is that I wish I could shoot my own ammo.
Can you tell us how much they charge for ammo? Do they have a good selection of premium self defense ammo?

Just curious as to which local PDX indoor ranges allow you to shoot your own ammo?
Johnson Creek Gun Club.

What is the reason most all indoor ranges will not allow your own ammo?

Johnson Creek has been around since 1936 and it's around $160 a year now for two family members and one guest at any given time.. the waiting list is pretty long.. probably well over a year now . even with a recent up-tick in membership fees.
I reload and shoot many thousands of handgun rounds a year.. most all calibers are of fairly similar cost to me.. close to $5/100 or $50/1000.. same thing close enough.
Compare that to $50/100 or $500/1000.. X thousands.. it kinda adds up if you shoot.

I stopped by Beavercreek Armory about two months ago to see what their prices and selection were like. I already knew what the range rules were from their website, but I still want a first hand look.

While I was looking at the ammo a father and young son came in, wanted to rent a handgun that was a little bigger than the .22LR that they had shot before, perhaps a 9mm. The lady helping them kept telling them to keep shooting the .22LR and wouldn't budge on the customer's frequent hints that they wanted something bigger. To really kill the deal she told them they had no .22LR ammo, but if he could provide his own they'd let him use it after a $1 per box inspection fee. I left before they did, but I'm fairly certain they walked away unsatisfied as the only option given to them was to go looking for .22LR ammo in stores and return after they found some then pay $1 a box for someone to ensure they hadn't just gone home and reloaded some empty .22LR brass.

Ammo for a .40 S&W or .45ACP was $25 for a box of 50 FMJ reloaded in house, not even factory ammo. I'm sorry, but if you won't trust me not to blow my face off with my own reloads then I'm not trusting my face to your reloads. Maybe if there wasn't an ammo shortage right now they would have had factory ammo too, but I'm sure they would have priced it much higher than their house reloads. I realize that ranges need to make money, but stop doing it under the guise of ammo inspection fees and charging at or above retail prices for some loads that you stuffed together in the back room. Yes, I do realize it is also the norm for the Portland area which is why I don't visit any of the ranges.

JCGC would be a 45-minute drive each way, assuming no traffic.........and when would that ever be :(
So I practice short distance handgun at BC and drive out to DRRC for all long-distance shooting. Not ideal but there really are not any ideal options that I have found. And I have not had any really negative experiences with BC.

I did my CHL classes at MK Tactical in Hillsboro. Did the three state license route. Michael and friends do a great class and run a really nice shop. :)
http://www.mktactical.com/

I've read the reviews here, on Yelp and Google and was very hesistant to even check out BeaverCreek Armory. I'm not a know-it-all gun guy, but I do read a lot and talk about firearms with those more knowledgeable than I am. I did check BCA out with an open mind, to just observe and ask questions. I'm glad I did. I've been a member of BCA since early January. They're less than five miles from my home, and easy to access. I took their Handgun 101 Class back in February - it served as sufficient training for my Oregon CHL. The class was great; Hannah is well-qualified, engaging and patient.

I've always been treated with respect there even though I'm a relative newbie. I take my time there, talking to Joanna, David and Matt often. They've always been friendly and are knowledgeable about laws and current events regarding our Second Amendment rights and threats to it. I don't know why people beat up on Joanna - she has always been pleasant to me and has even joked about the nasty comments in Yelp/Google reviews.

The range is well-lit, well-ventilated and deep enough for my purposes. BTW, I've always been able to bring my own ammo there. They charge a $5 ammo inspection fee and you can't police your own brass. I feel the inspection is necessary but the fee is too high for the simple glance, plus I'm sure they sell their brass so they're making money off that.

All in all, I think that this nice, satisfactorily-equipped facility that is reasonably-priced, has a friendly (to me) staff, and is in convenient location, checks all the boxes on my wish list for a pistol range.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.