JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Beaver Creek Armory is garbage. Sorry if some people find that offensive.

The owners are rude, their selection of firearms is poor, their selection of accessories is non-existent, their ammo is overpriced, they charge you too much if you want to shoot your own, they keep your brass (which they then sell back to you in the form of garbage reloads). Worst is that stupid range video they make you watch before taking the written test. Everything about the place is a joke. I'll never go back, and could never recommend sending anyone (new shooter or not) to their facility.

Advice: Find somewhere ---ANYWHERE--- else to go.

What a horrible experience. This week I tried to do a personal transfer thru Beaver Creek Armory because they were very close to the freeway, and I had never used them before. What a mistake. It took over an hour to transfer one gun, they were the rudest people I've deal with in years; And it was $45 a transfer to boot. I paid extra to be treated so poorly. One thing is for sure, I'll never go back into that store.

It all started out ok as the owner Ann was doing the transfer, just super slow. She knows nothing about guns, and can't even see to read off the serial numbers. It took about 50 minutes to complete the transfer. She walked back and forth to her back office a few times and finally came out. She gave me the gun I was buying and a reciept and then just went back into her office. I slowly packaged up the gun and continued to chat with the seller in the middle of the store for 4-5 more minuts while holding the gun. Then we moved outside to the parking lot, for 4-5 more minutes still chatting and getting ready to leave. Then the second owner Dave came out screaming he's calling the sheriff. I had to ask 3 times what is going on, he finally yells out he's calling the cops because I never got a background check. It turns out they didn't do the background check yet but didn't bother to tell us (the buyer or seller). Dave was such an A$%^&*# about it. Once he finally explained it, I went back in as I needed my ID back from them still also. Dave in particular continued to be extreemly rude claiming this my fault, and continued acting like a real A#$%^&* while they started the background check they still had not done. When it was finally done the second time Owner Ann tried to give me the paper work to take with me until she realized her mistake that she keeps the papers. It took well over an hour for a single transaction, and only 5 minutes for the digital transfer. This place is so slow, uneducated, and unorganized. Dave and I did agree on one thing before I left...... I'll never be back in his store for anything ever. I've heard the stories of others getting screwed by these people, and I'm sorry I didn't listen and avoid them. Next time I'll drive anywhere else then BEAVER CREEK ARMORY. BEWARE......

Anyone else have a bad experience there?

I was doing business on the same block they are located on, and thought it was a simple transaction that couldn't be messed up. I was proven wrong, and I'm even more ashamed of giving them money.... The only thing I thought I could do at this point is to shared my pain to warn others off. It turns out it would have been faster to spend 15 minutes driving to any other proffesional FFL.

Wow thanks for sharing. Personally, I had perfectly fine experiences as a member of their shooting range when I was living out in Hillsboro. But that is really just coming in, paying lane fees, and then going to the range -- minimal interactions with the staff beyond chit-chat.

Expensive.. and I agree, the three times Ive been in there were enough for me to not go back. Their attitudes alone are the reason as to why Im not a fan.
I could deal with the cost, though it costs the same in gas to drive out to public land as it does to rent a lane and have your ammo inspected.. so thats a wash.

Wish they changed their tune since they are the only game in town.. on this side of town.. but perhaps that is why they have the attitudes they do.

Dude, you have NO idea what they did to me back when they were still on Cornelius Pass. Let's just say I had to get the ATF involved. That was 10 years ago. I too, like you, came here for help. My very first post here was similar to yours. A member here helped me out and all is well now. I will NEVER, and I mean N.E.V.E.R., give them praise or a penny. F Beavercreek.....

Dude, you have NO idea what they did to me back when they were still on Cornelius Pass. Let's just say I had to get the ATF involved. That was 10 years ago. I too, like you, came here for help. My very first post here was similar to yours. A member here helped me out and all is well now. I will NEVER, and I mean N.E.V.E.R., give them praise or a penny. F Beavercreek.....
I really want to hear the deets on that juicy story. :eek:

I really want to hear the deets on that juicy story. :eek:

I'll give you a quick condensed version. First off, ol' Pat from Oregon Research Labs was a huge help. Hes the one who helped get the ATF on it. Basically, Dave was taking people's money to fund the development of his cans and delaying sending papers into the ATF. HENCE the reason for them getting involved. I'm NOT the only person it had happened to.
I brought a rifle into them to have the barrel threaded. They told me it would only take a couple of weeks. I assumed that they were using Tornado Technologies at the time because they were directly behind Beavercreeks old shop. After roughly three months of me calling them and getting the runaround from Dave about how it had not come back from the gunsmith yet, I decided to just be bop my bubblegum into the store one day since I was in the neighborhood. I started questioning Matt and Dave about my rifle while looking at the wall behind them. As they were telling me about my gun and how it hadn't come back from the gunsmith, I told those idiots that my rifle was sitting on the wall behind them. My freaking rifle was on the wall with a tag on it for sale.......Un-bubbleguming-believable..... Then they proceeded to backpedal and tell me that they've been trying to figure out who's gun it was for 3 months......bubbleguming morons. I'm really REALLY surprised they're still in business. I hope their place burns to the ground....The end

I go there maybe once or twice a year to shoot. Usually because it's pissing rain and I don't want to drive any further anywhere else.

If the younger kid of the older owners is behind the counter I will walk right back out. He's not at all the person I'd want running my shop.

I don't know how long their shop will stay open once the two older owners pass away.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.