JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I rated them very well last year, but after it took them 6 months to cut and thread my 10/22 barrel, and leaving bits and pieces of junk in the barrel, I give this company an epic fail for customer satisfaction, seriously I'm sure they just make the rent from all the concealed handgun classes they teach. I'll never set foot in their ever again.

I took my CHL class there. It was put together well and very informative(but not by them). Their prices are extremely high on guns and accessories. Customer service has been good with father and son. Wish i could say the same for the mother. I wish they were a better shop since they are very close to my house, but i doubt that will happen.

I did take the Utah CHL there and was very satisfied. They did not teach it, but

I also decided to buy a suppressor from them and they suggested I go the trust route. He had one in handy and assured me that it would work. I did the paperwork in May(NFA cashed the $200 chck in May). I called the NFA in early August to check the status and I was told by the NFA that my trust (given to me by Beavercreek Armory (BA)) was no good and went into "problem" status. they did not appoved or disapproved me and sent papers back to BA in early August. I kept calling BA weekly to see if they received my paperwork and could not get a call back. they kept telling me that they would look into it and someone would call me back. In mid Septemebr, BA said they finally got my paperwork (even though the NFA told me they sent the letter out in early August) and told me they did not think there was anything wrong with it. BA kept telling me that they would send me a new trust, but it never came. After two weeks of nothing from BA, I called the NFA to ask what my options were. They told me that they have had to return many trusts from BA. I asked if I went the prints and signoff route, would they ok it and they said yes pending a clean background check. I got the prints and the sheriff sig in early October and had my stamp by the end of October.

I was really disappointed and mad that BA sold me a trust that did not work. It was a lot of stress and lost time. I could have saved 2.5 months had he not suggested the trust route. I like the idea of the trust, but hate the fact that I was sold a faulty one. I did get back the extra money that I paid for it. It also scares me that had it gone through, I would probably be holding a trust that could get me in a lot of trouble with the local authorities.

I would never buy from them again.

I freekin love this thread and thought I'd give it a bump because Dave, Joanne and Matt or all CROOKS. Like father, Like mother, Like son. Don't be fooled by Dave's friendly talk and his jive about the gun club he is building. He talks that same stuff to everyone. No one is crazy enough to loan that guy the 2 million bucks to build that range. He's not your pal. He don't give two cents for loyalty or customer relations. If you make the mistake of doing business with him and the above posts happen to you, you've been warned.

The first, and last, time I went in I did not see anything I needed except a Fobus holster. After looking at it I could see it was used but they were asking a new holster price for it. When I politely pointed out that the holster was used the lady (?) got furious with me.

Since then I have heard very little good about the place.

Just bad news at Beavercreek. Took the OR class, then took the Utah class and was told it would work for OR as well. 1st gouge.

Gave them a Ruger shotgun to get an estimate of cost for repair of the barrel selector which was jambed. 3 emails with no response and still no estimate 2 weeks later.

Put a rifle with them on consignment. They said it was worth $1850-$2300. Some three weeks later, see it on their web site for $700. Sent them an email to pull that ad. Again, no response. Went in to pick it up. Had to fill out Fed forms and pay $10 just to get it back. Ripoff city.

I can only advise, just stay away. Communications non-existent and SOP is screw the customer any way they can.

:s0131: :huh: :angry:

Uh...last I heard, OR will not accept CHLs from any other state, including UT. That was from the class I took there at Beavercreek in February. Maybe you misunderstood them?

You can confirm this at USACARRY.COM

No, I'm talking about the classes. If you have the Utah class, it can be used for submittal for CHL in both Utah and OR. They sold me two classes, virtually the same, when one would have served all purposes. Gouged for an uneeded class.

:s0131::(

. Went in to pick it up. Had to fill out Fed forms and pay $10 just to get it back. Ripoff city.

That is an ATF requirement not something they were doing just to gouge you. If you put up a gun for sale with an FFL, you must fill out a 4473 and pay the $10 background check. Even though it is your gun, if it is put up for sale the ATF requires it.

sorry about your experience there, i personally have had nothing buy good business dealings with dave and everyone else at beavercreek.

That is an ATF requirement not something they were doing just to gouge you. If you put up a gun for sale with an FFL, you must fill out a 4473 and pay the $10 background check. Even though it is your gun, if it is put up for sale the ATF requires it.

Again, the problem was communications. They should have disclosed the fees and requirements BEFORE accepting the consignment. To wait until return of the arm to bring about the need for a fee and a half hour of forms and confirmations is DECEPTIVE. I doubt very much I would have gone for any situation that required the paper work, had I known before hand. They never mentioned any fee unless sold for the agreed minimum price. They set me up from the getgo for the GOUGE to come later. They treated me like a mark and refused to return MY RIFLE under demand for an undisclosed fee.

As I said before, if you have any dealings with them, keep your hand on your wallet. They can be tricky dicky with their methods of EXTORTION through their orchastated NON-DISCLOSER modus operandi designed to convert your money into their pockets, and could care less whether the client receives any value at all.

:huh:

one thing is certain, DoktorT, you are not a paid ad agency for Beavercreek LOL Give the guys a break - maybe, just maybe, they have a business model that makes money without customers - now that would be innovative. We should watch and learn.:cool:

one thing is certain, DoktorT, you are not a paid ad agency for Beavercreek LOL Give the guys a break - maybe, just maybe, they have a business model that makes money without customers - now that would be innovative. We should watch and learn.:cool:

There method is to screw every customer once, twice it they can. They appear to have no interest in repeat customers, except the fools, which keep them in the black repeatedly.

:D

I don't like to say negative things about a business, because you never know if they are having a bad day, or even, a bad week, but I've had three bad experiences with this place. Very, Very unsatisfied custsomer! I kept going back because they are so close to me, but I'm not very happy with them. Although I did enjoy their CCW class when I took it. They just dont stand by their products and that upsets me, and their prices are not very competitive in my experience.

I took their CCW class last month and wasn't even very impressed by that. A couple of previous posts about a year ago commented that the class was good (and not taught by them). Well, apparently, they went out and got certified and now Dave (the owner) and Brett (an employee) are teaching it.

For a 3-hour class, very little seemed to be related to safety or concealed carry. Seems like we spent most of our time listening to the differences between handgun types...

Also noticed they were trying to sell a 3rd gen Glock at 4th gen MSRP and were totally clueless (or just plain wrong) when answering any questions. Yeah, won't be buying there...

I took their CCW class last month and wasn't even very impressed by that. A couple of previous posts about a year ago commented that the class was good (and not taught by them). Well, apparently, they went out and got certified and now Dave (the owner) and Brett (an employee) are teaching it.

For a 3-hour class, very little seemed to be related to safety or concealed carry. Seems like we spent most of our time listening to the differences between handgun types...

Also noticed they were trying to sell a 3rd gen Glock at 4th gen MSRP and were totally clueless (or just plain wrong) when answering any questions. Yeah, won't be buying there...

Their ccw class was good, when Michael Knoetig was teaching it. They fired him for no reason(by email). So he opened up his own shop. MK Tactical in Hillsboro. He's doing classes there now. I just took my Utah ccw there, and it was a very informative and well taught class.

For some reason, I decided to give these guys another chance. Went into their new location, along with my SO who was looking for a decent conceal-able gun, she didn't want anything with a polymer frame however. First off, they lied to her, telling her that literally that every pistol with a metal frame is going to a full-sized gun (such as a 1911) and wouldn't be very concealable. Clearly the guy was trying to cover for their lousy selection, there's plenty of very concealable non-polymer guns that are out there, they just didn't have any in stock so they insisted such pistols don't exist. Their prices still suck too, with most guns being considerably more expensive than what is commonly available elsewhere.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.