JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll give you a quick condensed version. First off, ol' Pat from Oregon Research Labs was a huge help. Hes the one who helped get the ATF on it. Basically, Dave was taking people's money to fund the development of his cans and delaying sending papers into the ATF. HENCE the reason for them getting involved. I'm NOT the only person it had happened to.
I brought a rifle into them to have the barrel threaded. They told me it would only take a couple of weeks. I assumed that they were using Tornado Technologies at the time because they were directly behind Beavercreeks old shop. After roughly three months of me calling them and getting the runaround from Dave about how it had not come back from the gunsmith yet, I decided to just be bop my bubblegum into the store one day since I was in the neighborhood. I started questioning Matt and Dave about my rifle while looking at the wall behind them. As they were telling me about my gun and how it hadn't come back from the gunsmith, I told those idiots that my rifle was sitting on the wall behind them. My freaking rifle was on the wall with a tag on it for sale.......Un-bubbleguming-believable..... Then they proceeded to backpedal and tell me that they've been trying to figure out who's gun it was for 3 months......bubbleguming morons. I'm really REALLY surprised they're still in business. I hope their place burns to the ground....The end
Now that is a spicy story!
I would have been seeing red with anger if that happened to me. Your story is a great reason to stay away from them. Businesses don't change that kind of dirty/shady atmosphere.. unless everyone gets fired and they start over completely with the staff.. sounds like the old team is still there.. :eek:

ZA,

I see you're up on your teen age speak.

Do you also employ 'fleek'?

How about the old timey 'rad'...?

The above are rather akin to white boy ebonics.
"Juicy deets" is from:
Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I don't care much for the urban slang such as "fleek", "big mad", "troof" "shook", "axed" all that nonsense isnt used comedically or ironically.. they are trying to create real slang outside of the urban lexicon.. not a huge fan of that. Let alone the standard urban lexicon in general.
I enjoy the sarcastic, ironic style of slang.. like 4chan slang
(Such as "spicy") it can be fun. I see much of it used on youtube gun channels as well. But it all depends on mood.

If we take life and language too seriously, it all gets boring my friend.

However.. If I ever use "fleek", feel free to petition to have me banned. :D

I don't get worked up over the use of slang, but often I find it cringe worthy.

'Cool Guy' words i.e., slang is generally used when the speaker wants to appear 'hip'...ugh.

For me, heavy slang use has a way of undermining credibility as an adult. If though, one has no self awareness and slings forth slang wily nily (even if over 30) the slinger will very often get eye rolls from those he/she speaks to. When a grown up sounds like an adolescent, it's a cringe worthy event...

Then too, men with side walls who dye their hair pink or purple then braid it or fashion it into dreadlocks (white or black guys from the U.S.) obviously have a desperate need to be noticed as in: Look at me - Look at me, I'm so above the rest of you ordinary mortals...yeah buddy, you prove beyond a doubt, you are a horse's butt.

Dude, you have NO idea what they did to me back when they were still on Cornelius Pass. Let's just say I had to get the ATF involved. That was 10 years ago. I too, like you, came here for help. My very first post here was similar to yours. A member here helped me out and all is well now. I will NEVER, and I mean N.E.V.E.R., give them praise or a penny. F Beavercreek.....

I remember when you posted that!! o_O

'Cool Guy' words i.e., slang is generally used when the speaker wants to appear 'hip'...ugh.

For me, heavy slang use has a way of undermining credibility as an adult. If though, one has no self awareness and slings forth slang wily nily (even if over 30) the slinger will very often get eye rolls from those he/she speaks to. When a grown up sounds like an adolescent, it's a cringe worthy event...

Then too, men with side walls who dye their hair pink or purple then braid it or fashion it into dreadlocks (white or black guys from the U.S.) obviously have a desperate need to be noticed as in: Look at me - Look at me, I'm so above the rest of you ordinary mortals...yeah buddy, you prove beyond a doubt, you are a horse's butt.

I like to shoot my shotties, dude! :s0108:

Last Edited:

You must be so much fun.
Out of this entire thread you hyper focus on slang as if it was a personal offense to you.. good lord man. :rolleyes: Get a life.

I visited them when they had their shop on Cornelius Pass Rd. They were talking about how they were getting ready to spend millions on a new indoor range. I wasn't really impressed with their demeanor as they came across a bit on the arrogant side and chided me for wanting to bring my own ammo to a different range. Although I lived pretty close at the time, I never went back. In fact, I joined Johnson Creek shortly after that and am a member to this day.

ZA,

Let me guess: My post was a little too close to home?
However, to each their own. You're entitled to your silly and overly serious opinion.

I enjoy this thread and this forum and don't want this thread locked over some pointless flame war you decided to start.
This'll be the last comment we have between each other.
To the OP, sorry about this dude and to detract from the thread.

To put back on track, every business no matter big small or corporate mistake are made at the top always.
If employees acts rude and are not held accountable thats the bosses fault. If paperwork, and procedures are
off or wrong, its the bosses fault.

As an employee one no doubt has either be the boss or supervised others. But the reality failure of a business is
always managements fault. They train, and hire so if this place mentioned is crap. its the owners fault.

I'll give you a quick condensed version. First off, ol' Pat from Oregon Research Labs was a huge help. Hes the one who helped get the ATF on it. Basically, Dave was taking people's money to fund the development of his cans and delaying sending papers into the ATF. HENCE the reason for them getting involved. I'm NOT the only person it had happened to.
I brought a rifle into them to have the barrel threaded. They told me it would only take a couple of weeks. I assumed that they were using Tornado Technologies at the time because they were directly behind Beavercreeks old shop. After roughly three months of me calling them and getting the runaround from Dave about how it had not come back from the gunsmith yet, I decided to just be bop my bubblegum into the store one day since I was in the neighborhood. I started questioning Matt and Dave about my rifle while looking at the wall behind them. As they were telling me about my gun and how it hadn't come back from the gunsmith, I told those idiots that my rifle was sitting on the wall behind them. My freaking rifle was on the wall with a tag on it for sale.......Un-bubbleguming-believable..... Then they proceeded to backpedal and tell me that they've been trying to figure out who's gun it was for 3 months......bubbleguming morons. I'm really REALLY surprised they're still in business. I hope their place burns to the ground....The end

Can't figure out who's gun it is so sell it ? Bad news

Last Edited:
However, to each their own. You're entitled to your silly and overly serious opinion.

I enjoy this thread and this forum and don't want this thread locked over some pointless flame war you decided to start.
This'll be the last comment we have between each other.
To the OP, sorry about this dude and to detract from the thread.
Dudes... get a room already. :)

Dudes... get a room already. :)
Didnt want a thread locked over some guy hyper focusing on "slang" he doesn't want used. I could easily see his nonsense continuing and as much fun as banter is, I was joking.. he seemed far more serious.
Im not having a thread locked because some "tier one operator tough guy" wants to police the comment sections.

My only thought is.. he's a BCA employee and wanted to get some jabs in over something silly or he is that typical tough guy that needs to let everyone know how tough and serious he is.

Never had interactions with the guy prior, he's got low message and Itrader rating with no avatar.. not worth the hassle, not worth a thread going down.

Didnt want a thread locked over some guy hyper focusing on "slang" he doesn't want used. I could easily see his nonsense continuing and as much fun as banter is, I was joking.. he seemed far more serious.
Im not having a thread locked because some "tier one operator tough guy" wants to police the comment sections.

My only thought is.. he's a BCA employee and wanted to get some jabs in over something silly or he is that typical tough guy that needs to let everyone know how tough and serious he is.

Never had interactions with the guy prior, he's got low message and Itrader rating with no avatar.. not worth the hassle, not worth a thread going down.
Look, we love you both tons but remember rule number one on NWFA... be excellent to each other.
Mods have the final say.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.